2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 2 - EAST REGION

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 2 - EAST REGION

Post by JPope »

<div>Live from the Yokohama Arena Dome in, would you believe it, Yokohama, it's Round 2 of the 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS! The East Region features features eight 1st Round winning C-ute singles. This region had no upsets, no ties, and only one close vote (To Tomorrow / Final Squall / The Curtain Rises beating Edo no Temari Uta II by a single vote). </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Vote for the single you like best in each match-up. Information about the tournament can be found in the <a class="bbc_url" href="http://mm-bbs.org/index.php?showtopic=7181" title="">main tournament thread</a>, including the full tournament bracket and links to all of the songs. The <a class="bbc_url" href="http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/%E2%84%83-ute" title="External link">C-ute page</a> at the Hello! Project Wiki is also useful for comparing cover art and costumes. Remember, you're judging the single as a whole, not just the lead songs. Use whatever criteria you wish to determine your vote. You must vote in each match-up.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 2 matches will end at 11:30 PM PDT on Saturday the 25th.</div>
Last edited by JPope on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Re: 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 2 - EAST REGION

Post by arcobaleno »

For this region...

Round 1: Dance de Bakoon! It's so fun.

Round 2: I really wish Singing wasn't on the Mugen single because I really feel it brings it down by a lot for me. But I have these singles both kind of equal in mind... but in the end, I can find something to like in all three songs for Middle/Gamusha/Tsugi, so I'll go for that.

Round 3: Crazy Kanzen na Otona!

Round 4: I miss you/THE FUTURE, I think they did the cool, mature concept better than ever. However, Kanashiki/Adam did have Attakai Ude de Tsutsunde, which is a big plus for it, but in the end, I find I miss you/THE FUTURE more memorable.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

#4 was such a hard choice for me. It was crazy.

I Miss You has a soft spot in my heart, as it was essentially the start/near the start of my translating. I listened to the radio rip over and over to finally get the Japanese lyrics written down, then translated. Plus the song itself was such a creative risk, I appreciated UFP for actually taking that chance. It was a great, great song. Then THE FUTURE is just one of my C-ute jams. I have to get up and dance when I hear it. And I liked the MV, no matter how simple and cheesy it was.

On the other hand, Adam to Eve was a such a strong single as a whole. Adam to Eve was shortly after C-ute really hit their stride and began constantly putting out good content. Probably a few singles after. The song itself is a big C-ute staple. Personally, Kanashiki Amefuri is a song I really like. But pairing these two with Attakai Ude and Dare ni mo Naisho? It's almost unbeatable. Too good of a single.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
Round 2: I really wish Singing wasn't on the Mugen single because I really feel it brings it down by a lot for me. But I have these singles both kind of equal in mind... but in the end, I can find something to like in all three songs for Middle/Gamusha/Tsugi, so I'll go for that.
[/quote]

Same. Even my least favorite on the other one was better than it, otherwise it would have won.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I went with majority for everything except....
Kimi wa Jitensha Watashi wa Densha de Kitaku I still love the concept for that single and I wish other groups in H!P did it!  God I loved that single.
Crazy Kanzen na Otona is great, but the effort they put into Kimi wa was ground breaking for H!P. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.