2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 3 - EAST & WEST REGIONS

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 3 - EAST & WEST REGIONS

Post by JPope »

<div>It's Round 3 of the 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS, the Sweet 16! Starting with this round, the East & West Region match-ups will be combined to a single post.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The C-ute side of the tournament has run with little drama outside of both 3-seeds dropping. Otherwise, the Selection Committee's seeding has been vindicated to this point. This is the point in the tournament where shit starts to get real. The 1-4 match-up in the West is the one to watch.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Vote for the single you like best in each match-up. Information about the tournament can be found in the <a class="bbc_url" href="http://mm-bbs.org/index.php?showtopic=7181" title="">main tournament thread</a>, including the full tournament bracket and links to all of the songs. The <a class="bbc_url" href="http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/%E2%84%83-ute" title="External link">C-ute page</a> at the Hello! Project Wiki is also useful for comparing cover art and costumes. Remember, you're judging the single as a whole, not just the lead songs. Use whatever criteria you wish to determine your vote. You must vote in each match-up.</div>
JPope
ANGERME

Re: 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 3 - EAST & WEST REGIONS

Post by JPope »

<div>1. Dance de Bakoon! VS 4. I miss you / THE FUTURE</div>
<div>The great thing about this tournament for me is how some of these songs I originally ignored have grown on me from repeated listenings. "I miss you" is one of those songs. "Dance de Bakoon!" is not.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>2. Mugen Climax / Ai wa Maru de Seidenki / Singing ~Ano Koro no You ni~ VS 6. Crazy Kanzen na Otona</div>
<div>"Mugen..." is obviously King Shit here, but "Ai wa Maru..." is outstanding, as well. I've even gotten over the idea that it might have been better suited for a different group. It's a stellar J-idol track performed by a strong group at the peak of their abilities.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>1. Kiss me Aishiteru VS 4. Naze Hito wa Arasoun Darou? / Summer Wind / Jinsei wa STEP!</div>
<div>"Naze Hito..." is the weak link, but "Summer Wind" is my favorite Tsunku song of the last... decade? I don't know, I'd have to research it, but it might be. "Kiss me Aishiteru", otoh, is just an okay song to me.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>2. Massara Blue Jeans VS 6. Aitai Lonely Christmas</div>
<div>I like "Aitai Lonely Christmas", but we're into the Big Boy rounds now. </div>
Last edited by JPope on Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">1. Dance de Bakoon! VS 4. I miss you / THE FUTURE</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">I miss you/THE FUTURE has a very deep meaning to me since I was in Japan during the promotion for the single so I guess I could say the voting has been tainted by that small aspect. Nothing against Dance de Bakoon, it's a great single.</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);"> </div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">2. Mugen Climax / Ai wa Maru de Seidenki / Singing ~Ano Koro no You ni~ VS 6. Crazy Kanzen na Otona</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Yeah... ain't nothing going to beat the run of Mugen/Ai wa Maru and Singing. Sorry Crazy Kanzen and your sick lazer beam music video.</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);"> </div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">1. Kiss me Aishiteru VS 4. Naze Hito wa Arasoun Darou? / Summer Wind / Jinsei wa STEP!</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">While I enjoy both singles. Naze Hito really is a weak link and as much as I LOVE Summer Wind and Jinsei wa STEP is great but I just think Kiss me Aishiteru is one of those songs that's going to be covered for the rest of H!P's natural life. </div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">2. Massara Blue Jeans VS 6. Aitai Lonely Christmas</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Massara Blue Jeans~ there is no contest here. </div>
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Dance de Bakoon, Crazy ( :cryalot:) Jinsei wa Step and Massara

Massara blue jeans is awesome, I was shocked to find out that's their very first indie
Image Hey
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Voting closes at 1:30 AM PDT. Still about 5-7 votes fewer than the other rounds for the Sweet 16, which seems odd.