2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ***FINALS***

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ***FINALS***

Post by JPope »

<div>Live from the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, it's the Final Round of the 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS! This round will decide the winner of the MM-BBS top single of the original H!P "kid" groups. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>As expected, the Mugan Climax steamroller pushed forward unabated, as not even Massara Blue Jeans could come close to harshing Mugan's mellow. The 23.8 % margin of victory was Mugan's lowest of the tournament. In other words, Mugan has not yet been seriously challenged.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Over in the Berryz Koubou bracket, "Ai wa Itsumo..." pulled off a stunning upset in a crazy back-and-forth match that ended with a single-vote margin of victory over 2-seed "Motto Zutto..." ROCK Erotic -- seemingly doing the heavy lifting for this single -- couldn't quite carry the lead track to victory.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Vote for the single want to win the tournament. Information about the tournament can be found in the <a class="bbc_url" href="http://mm-bbs.org/index.php?showtopic=7181" title="">main tournament thread</a>, including the full tournament bracket and links to all of the songs.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Here is the <a class="bbc_url" href="http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/Muge ... _no_You_ni~" title="External link">Mugan Climax</a> page at the H!P wiki</div>
<div>Here is the <a class="bbc_url" href="http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/Ai_w ... _Desho!%3F" title="External link">Ai wa Itsumo no Naka ni page</a> at the H!P wiki</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Remember, you're judging the single as a whole, not just the lead songs. Use whatever criteria you wish to determine your vote.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Voting closes April 7 at 10:10 PM PDT</div>
Last edited by JPope on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Re: 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ***FINALS***

Post by Derby »

I'm starting to question Berryz discography if their 2 'best' singles are ROCK Erotic and Ai wa Itsumo and both feel so underwhelming for so many people
Image Hey
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Sorry Berryz.... But that damn peppy Kodama Ameko gets me everytime. How can I turn her down when I love her so? Q_Q

I'm pretty sure I'm a Kodama wota more than a Tsunku or member wota.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Ugh the absolute only good thing about that entire c-ute single is the opening to mugen climax.  It loses it once the singing starts.  Ai wa Itsumo is pure sex and badassery.  And I'm not a huge fan of Idol 10nen compared to Motto Zutto/Rock Erotic, as a whole it's still leagues better than Mugen/Ai wa Maru/Singing.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="206877" data-time="1491387075">I'm starting to question Berryz discography if their 2 'best' singles are ROCK Erotic and Ai wa Itsumo and both feel so underwhelming for so many people</blockquote>As much as anything, it's a display of the quirks that can happen with bracketed voting. It's like the problems of political primaries, but exponential.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I'm happy that one of my favorite C-ute singles made it through at least. I'm disappointed that a lot of the better Berryz ones got voted out fast, but at least this makes voting easy for me.
Last edited by Elpis on Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Mizura
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Derby"]
I'm starting to question Berryz discography if their 2 'best' singles are ROCK Erotic and Ai wa Itsumo and both feel so underwhelming for so many people
[/quote]

That can happen when you get super strong stuff pitted against each other super early on. That said, I really love Ai wa Itsumo. I actually hate Mugen Climax. It's so boring.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Another tough choice, but C-ute never gets tired of winning. ;/ The only criticism I can hold against Mugen Climax is that after the climax there still came the Final Squeak, I don't know for what purpose. And the boring C/Ws, which I still find overall better than Idol 10nen.

I still love Ai wa Itsumo and its fat beat, but as an overall package it can't match. Also in terms of staying power - that is to say, I can see Ai wa Itsumo getting overplayed very easily, whereas Climax with its more complex structure and instrumentation remains much more safe from becoming a one-season hit.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I'm surprised a 2014 and 2016 made it to the final vote.
I guess I should give the more recent C-ute and Berryz songs another chance.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="206877" data-time="1491387075">I'm starting to question Berryz discography if their 2 'best' singles are ROCK Erotic and Ai wa Itsumo and both feel so underwhelming for so many people</blockquote>
I couldn't even tell you how either one of them sounds. hah
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="206877" data-time="1491387075">
<div>
[/quote]

That can happen when you get super strong stuff pitted against each other super early on. That said, I really love Ai wa Itsumo. I actually hate Mugen Climax. It's so boring.

</div>
</blockquote>
But even so, there would be a super strong single that survived the big matches on the early polls. But none of those 2 singles feel like a total winner
I can't talk about C-ute's final 2 singles, since I haven't listened to any of this 3 songs and that's why I haven't vote yet
Image Hey
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="JoshuaJSlone"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="206877" data-time="1491387075">
</blockquote>
As much as anything, it's a display of the quirks that can happen with bracketed voting. It's like the problems of political primaries, but exponential.

[/quote]

[quote="Anderei"]

<div>
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

Two strong singles pitted against each other means one survives, though. Even in a bracket-style tournament, the most popular among the group will rise to the top. What this really shows is one of two things: A) the quirks of surveying a small sample size (and constantly changing; not everyone voted in each round), or B) some songs are more popular than you think they are. Of those two choices, I suspect A is more likely, but I'm open to B having an effect, as well.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I looked at the previous Berryz polls, and almost ALL of the matches were quite even and some were almost tied. Ai wa itsumo was one vote away from losing against Jiriri Kiteru and is now here in the finals.
I guess that means the general opinion on Berryz singles is weirdly distributed? like there are those who may love Rock Erotic, Chacha Sing and Maji Bomber but really don't care about the rest of the songs. Other who like anoter set of songs and dislikes the others, and etc.

Because of that, there's no song like Shabondama that made it to the finals and nobody was surprised
Image Hey
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>And it's OVAH! To the surprise of no one -- or very nearly no one -- Mugen Climax / Ai wa Maru de Seidenki / Singing ~Ano Koro no You ni~ wins the 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS for C-ute. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Image</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The final tally was 16-7, another blow-out for the magnum opus that was never in danger of losing any round. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>To honor this year's winner, here is our own "special" <a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbLB38d35OI" title="External link">BBS shining moment</a>.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks for everyone who voted!</div>