Kudo Haruka to graduate MM'17 this fall

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Kudo Haruka to graduate MM'17 this fall

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Will update this main post when more info become available.

Edit: Fan reports say it was announced at today's concert in Kyoto.

Here is the official link, up now.

The official announcement mentions Kudou has learned how much she loves acting through H!P's plays, and would like to graduate to focus more on her acting. She will graduate in the fall of 2017. She asks for her fans' support after she graduates.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nimrahwt
Kenshuusei

Re: Kudo Haruka to graduate MM'17 this fall

Post by nimrahwt »

[EN] Concerning Haruka Kudo

Thank you for your continued support towards Hello! Project and Morning Musume。'17. Haruka Kudo will, at the Autumn Tour, graduate from Morning Musume。'17 and Hello! Project.
During the activities as a Hello! Pro Kenshusei, and Morning Musume。, she realized the charms of acting and that it was enjoyable, and by understanding it was difficult, she naturally made the request of "I want to devote myself to acting". By thinking of the balance of work with the activities of Morning Musume。, she was worried but by becoming 18 years this year, we understood her strong decision of devoting herself with all her might and challenging herself. This is not at all a smooth road, and she decided the graduation more than the resignation. We hope to support her as much as possible after the graduation.
From now on regarding the schedule, it will be reported as soon as it will be decided. First of all, the current Spring Tour will continue, as well as the play (Engeki Joshibu) in June and the Tour Final at the Nippon Budokan on June 23rd.
Haruka Kudo will continue to devote herself so please continue to support her as well as Morning Musume。'17.
UP-FRONT PROMOTION Representative Director Takeshi Nishiguchi

I, Haruka Kudo, After the Autumn tour, Will graduate from Morning Musume。 as well as from Hello! Project.
It has been 6 years since I became a member of Morning Musume。 It has been 8 years since I get into Hello! Project. During this time, I had lots of experiences, Thanks to lots of people, I grew up to this level since I was a common and audacious primary school student. And because I became a normal high shcool student for a little while, I began to wonder "What do I want to do in the future now that my dream of Morning Musume。 became true?"
My answer came out quite early. Or, I think I already had it.
I want to try the genre I found here in my career, "acting".
I don't want to do things halfway, So even by saying "I want to act", by singing and dancing as an idol as well, I somehow thought it was disrespectful to the members and to the fans to say I do both things.
I told this feeling to the company and to my parents, I thought a lot, "I want to bet on what I want to do" and then decided to graduate.
During the remaining time, I want to create many memories with the members and all the fans, I want to be able to say "See you again!" without any regret at the end.
Please support me until the end.
Morning Musume。'17 Haruka Kudo

PS: The translation may not be perfect/accurate, thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by nimrahwt on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">♡ Sayashi is love,Sayashi is life ♪
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://steamcommunity.com/id/nimrahwt" title="External link">Steam</a> -<a class="bbc_url" href="https://twitter.com/#!/nimrahwt" title="External link">twitter</a> <a class="bbc_url" href="http://ameblo.jp/tanakareina-blog/entry ... 92594.html" title="External link">-</a> <a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.last.fm/user/nimrod85" title="External link">last.fm</a> - <a class="bbc_url" href="http://nimrahwt.tumblr.com/" title="External link">tumblr</a> - <a class="bbc_url" href="https://vine.co/u/1174513908925493248?mode=grid" title="External link">vine</a> - <a class="bbc_url" href="http://ameblo.jp/tanakareina-blog/entry ... 92594.html" title="External link">やばい</a>
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Maa-chan is gonna be depressed AF.

So will all of Kudo's fangirls both currently in H!P and in the KSS system. She was a very, very popular member among other members.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="207313" data-time="1493458301">
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!</blockquote>

Seconding this...
Campy <3 !
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

She was popular among the members but also with the wota. Sayumi, Riho (Kanon but she wasn't a wota favourite), now Duu - they don't give them a break.

See Haruna stay forever.
Last edited by DonJuan on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

My initial reaction was to get very upset. But it wouldn't be fair to her to begrudge her her decision. It's not like management forced her out or anything. She's had a nice run and while I wish it would continue I can't insist that my fandom is more important than her wishes.
Last edited by Madara on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I cried a little bit, and my mood was ruined for a short time, but I got over it pretty quickly (thanks to a friend, too). I'm just so Riholoss'd already, I'm beyond this. I'm sad, because she was my only reason to even look at MM. (I loved Kaede the egg, but MM is... different?) But I'm also a little glad, that I have even less reason to force myself to look at them now.

I'm happy that she's pursuing something that she loves. I have no doubt it will go well for her.
Last edited by MejraThea on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Sad, but good for her for going after what she wants!
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Going the Meimi route I see... I was wondering why they added Kaede, but with Duu departure, I understand now.

Still, I wasn't ready for this :(
Last edited by AquaChan on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

My favorite 10th gen member. How sad. But I'm happy for her because she wants to go big and be an actress. I just hope she stays in Up-Front, it always hurts when they leave. I'm still super sad about Meimi. When they stay in Up-Front, at least you see them from time to time. (Niigaki, Mano) 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

Wow I did not expect her to leave before other 10th gen members.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

And yet again we lose another good singer....

Here are the list of members who "look up" to Kudo (this is not including ones who simply have a good relationship with her/like her):

Fujii Rio
Murota Mizuki
Sasaki Rikako
Kasahara Momona
Haga Akane
Maeda Kokoro
Kawamura Ayano
Hashisako Rin
Nakayama Natsume

Her list of general H!P fangirls is a bit longer ;)

I think it's interesting to see two generally "popular" members leave within about a year of each other to pursue acting. (Meimei, Kudo.) Wondering if Up Front regrets doing the musicals at all? Lol.

I'm going to make a prediction now that another MM member will join her with a fall graduation or will announce their graduation during her fall tour. My bet's on Haruna.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I didn't expect her to go before Haruna and Masaki with her injury.
But you know what's funny? she announced her graduation the same day Michishige did 3 years ago, in my fucking birthday LOL
Image Hey
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

Okay now, I was not expecting this. I must admit I feel a bit sad over her leaving, but if it's acting she wants to do, then it's better the sooner she gets to focus on it. Plus to be completely honest, her singing hasn't been exactly that good recently, so...

Nevertheless I am going to miss her, she is my favourite 10th gen member.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I kind of have mixed feelings about it. She's definitely not my favorite member or near the top for favorite members, but I'm still going to miss her. She was one of the better performers in the group, and the graduation just feels a little soon. I would've predicted that someone else would've left sooner. Although if she wants to pursue acting, than I do think she should go for it since she's definitely decent at that.
Formerly Mizura
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Not my perfect son!!!

Honestly, I'm more bummed for Masaki's sake. Duu has always had an amazing instinct for acting.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She'll have been around for six years by graduation. Pretty normal tenure, actually kind of long by general idol standards.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Lol! And Ikuta just keeps on chugging along. Not too surprised by this, as there doesn't seem to be much excitement in the group these days. Might as well move on to the next stage of her life now.

While she never reached her potential in my mind, it sucks that MM is losing yet another of their better singers and better personalities. MM is worse for her leaving.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]
She'll have been around for six years by graduation. Pretty normal tenure, actually kind of long by general idol standards.
[/quote]

It shocked me when I realized how long 10th gen has been around. 10th gen is the gen with the longest tenure as whole, if I remember right. That's really impressive in its own right. It'll still take about 3.5 more years of 12ki staying as a whole to beat that.

I guess it's part of the reason I have a feeling another 10th gen member is going to skedaddle soon along with/shortly after Haruka.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

We'll we eventually see a MaaDuu graduation concert tho?  :ph34r:
Image Hey
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Oh my back! It was worse than I thought it was. Ugh. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

Man, what a downer. :( My boyfriend was more upset than I was, though, as he's a big Duu fan.
Still, good for her choosing her career path on her own terms.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

Shocked she is leaving before a lot of others.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="207329" data-time="1493496743">And Ikuta just keeps on chugging along.</blockquote>This is my biggest problem with this announcement. ;/

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="207324" data-time="1493483855">I didn't expect her to go before Haruna and Masaki with her injury.</blockquote>I had to do a double check on that because I thought I finally stopped confusing Maa and Duu and I was so sure Maa would go first.

Happy Birthday! :cake:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Updated main post w/ pic from her announcement

Edit: Also, here is a news video on Oha! about her announcement.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Thea"]
I cried a little bit, and my mood was ruined for a short time, but I got over it pretty quickly (thanks to a friend, too). I'm just so Riholoss'd already, I'm beyond this. I'm sad, because she was my only reason to even look at MM. (I loved Kaede the egg, but MM is... different?) But I'm also a little glad, that I have even less reason to force myself to look at them now.

I'm happy that she's pursuing something that she loves. I have no doubt it will go well for her.
[/quote]

I was out of town this weekend so wasn't really online much but I wanted to let you know I was thinking of you. <3 I'm glad you were able to get over it quickly, And if you are meant to find your passion for MM one day you will, I speak from experience here lol

But yeah, I'm disappointed, but I am glad she is pursuing something she enjoys.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Why thank you, Yuzu!  :heart:
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I went ahead and subbed the Oha news segment, here.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Meh, I'm not happy about it, but she's another background member who's been around for a while, so c'est la vie. I agree that this will hurt MM more than it'll affect her, but MM will continue on just as it always has. I'll miss her voice and variety presence with the boyish seduction shtick though! Losing an interesting personality is never good for an idol group.