Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: Digital!Music Delivery - Non-Physical Releases from H!P Singers

Post by JPope »

[quote="Solarblade"]
Some little insight to why the music is being recently released digitally

"from mr A."

Hello! Project released a statement on why they are pushing to release more songs digitally for H!P's future while still releasing CDs as usual.

Each H!P group releases 2 to 3 CD singles a year up until now. But to make things even more fun, they want to try new methods of releasing a variety of songs digitally by music download and video download even more. This will allow them to experiment with songs not seen in the usual CD releases. They can create solos, shuffle units and have H!P OG members in these songs too. Each H!P group will continue to releases CDs as usual, but they will now release a various types of songs digitally that is especially made for live tours as early as possible.

below is list of songs recently released for download
http://www.helloproject.com/news/7429/
[/quote]

I love the concept, but so far have been unimpressed with the output. The problem is that they know they're not gonna sell a whole lot of these, so production is gonna be super-econo. so while the new digital-release format sort of fills the void of the traditional B-side, we don't get traditional B-side song or production quality. I suppose that could change if they sell better than I assume they will.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Solarblade" data-cid="209356" data-time="1501650119">
<div>
Some little insight to why the music is being recently released digitally

"from mr A."

Hello! Project released a statement on why they are pushing to release more songs digitally for H!P's future while still releasing CDs as usual.

Each H!P group releases 2 to 3 CD singles a year up until now. But to make things even more fun, they want to try new methods of releasing a variety of songs digitally by music download and video download even more. This will allow them to experiment with songs not seen in the usual CD releases. They can create solos, shuffle units and have H!P OG members in these songs too. Each H!P group will continue to releases CDs as usual, but they will now release a various types of songs digitally that is especially made for live tours as early as possible.

below is list of songs recently released for download
http://www.helloproject.com/news/7429/
[/quote]

I love the concept, but so far have been unimpressed with the output. The problem is that they know they're not gonna sell a whole lot of these, so production is gonna be super-econo. so while the new digital-release format sort of fills the void of the traditional B-side, we don't get traditional B-side song or production quality. I suppose that could change if they sell better than I assume they will.

</div>
</blockquote>

I guess it's still better than one to two releases a year per group now that H!P is so big. We'll never go back to the regular 3/4 a year now that everyone is on almost equal footing. I'll take the lower budget production, my main complaint is the one I made in the upcoming thread, so many of the random units feel like joke releases rather than legitimate experimentation. I don't buy their explanation anyway, though. We're about to have six full time groups (maybe kind of seven, depending on how often CG release stuff, which I expect will taper off as time goes by), they know they can't promote them all the way they want if they stick to physical releases. I'm all for them getting with the times, the digital/streaming charts look nothing like what we see on the physical charts, but it still kind of feels like they're wasting everyone's time.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Announced at the Summer-con in Nakano Sun Plaza, Konamaiki Girl & Gobaku ~We Can't Go Back~ will be released digital on the 8/11 episode of UPCOMING!  (also Konamaiki Girl will have a PV)
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

If they have the time and resources to make songs and produce videos every week, why can't they up the amount of regular releases for each group? e__e Geez. And I see no reason why Konamaiki Girl and Fiesta Fiesta shouldn't be physical releases, especially if they're going to bother doing videos. I'm sure they'd get tons more attention and sales physically.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Well... I guess there's a reason why it's J=J and CG with the digital releases and not MM. They're giving Juice a song for 6nin to perform and make a bit money out of it and Yamaki and Ozeko get some work to do.

If MM is going to have a digital release it's probably going to be Wakacchanai or Seishun Say Aha, random concert songs. Basically... album songs. Maybe they make more profit selling them one by one than in an album? I mean albums don't sell, after all.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah but MM can probably eek out about 15k of an album that costs about 30 bucks to buy. They'd have to sell over 300,000 downloads to bring in the same amount and I doubt even AKB comes close to those digital numbers.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Then I guess they just want to get the songs out with no album in mind at all.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="209436" data-time="1501942011">Yeah but MM can probably eek out about 15k of an album that costs about 30 bucks to buy. They'd have to sell over 300,000 downloads to bring in the same amount and I doubt even AKB comes close to those digital numbers.</blockquote>

You have to consider all the costs of physical distribution though.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, but something tells me the actual music isn't making much money regardless of format.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

They've done alright on iTunes, comparatively. Henkan and Ju=Ju were in the top 5 for dailies. It's cheaper production than physical releases, at the least
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I've seen the numbers for the weekly chart before. Trust me, the daily numbers are low even at the top.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

Momo's last album sales were way worse than I expected seeing as it had new material. No one wants to buy them regardless of material. Overall, they'll probably make more money by just using digital. Less production than a physical release and overall more profit in the long run with releases spread out (aka not purchased at a cheaper album pricing)
Last edited by Purin-chama on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It was kind of what I expected when they sold it as a solo release and not a CG album, although I think even their single sales were underperforming in the eyes of the company.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I agree. It's weird to think that Momoko's last single sold so badly, the songs weren't that bad. But °C-ute's last album wasn't doing well either.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I think they're stretching the fan base a bit too thin, because I think there's gotta be overlap. They're starting to have to pick and choose.

C-ute's last album did really well by H!P standards.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

<div>Country Girls - Konamaiki Girl</div>
<div>http://recochoku.com/u1/konamaikigirl/</div>
<div>https://itunes.apple.com/album/id1269010877</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Image</div>
<div>Ichioka, Danbara, Takase, Kawamura, Kiyono  -  Gobaku ~We Can't Go Back~</div>
<div>http://recochoku.com/u1/gobakuwecantgoback/</div>
<div>https://itunes.apple.com/album/id1268998900</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>I've had Gobaku on a few times today. It's a fun lil' song. </div>
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

I really like Gobaku. Can't wait to see the full performance. Ayano really throws me, though. She really looks like a taller Karin.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Myst"]
I really like Gobaku. Can't wait to see the full performance. Ayano really throws me, though. She really looks like a taller Karin.
[/quote]

Except for she's about twice as charming! But yeah, this was a good performance... It's nice to see some of the "pros" of the KSS get to shine.
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

dang I'm really excited for Ichioka's group, that lineup sounded solid.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

These are easily the two best recordings to come out of the Digital!Music Delivery thing. Gobaku is the shit.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I'd just like to point out this is still another "joke" song--

Basically the girl's dad join LINE (texting) and is annoying. She's been keeping her boyfriend a secret from her dad. She accidentally sends a message to her dad instead of her boyfriend about their date plans for that night. "Bomb! Bomb! Even if I say sorry I can NEVER GO BACK. Bomb! Bomb! PLEASE GO BACK to 5 seconds ago."

I wanted to edit to say 誤爆 has some other meaning when it comes to Japanese LINE messages. Seems like mistakes or odd messages you get or send. A bit hard to understand. But its original meaning is also a bomb, so it seems to be slang that's in reference to dropping a bomb with a message.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

Basically the girl's dad join LINE (texting) and is annoying. She's been keeping her boyfriend a secret from her dad. She accidentally sends a message to her dad instead of her boyfriend about their date plans for that night. "Bomb! Bomb! Even if I say sorry I can NEVER GO BACK. Bomb! Bomb! PLEASE GO BACK to 5 seconds ago."
[/quote]

Ouch! I'm pleased that the music and recordings are legit on these two songs.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="209521" data-time="1502683911">
<div>

[/quote]

Ouch! I'm pleased that the music and recordings are legit on these two songs.

</div>
</blockquote>

I'm pretty sure Konamaiki is a real song and was written by Fukuda Kanon as a digital release, while Goubaku is just another "filler" song :)

EDIT: The info for the slang word Goubaku was on the wiki page! <3
Gobaku" is a slang word meaning you've posted in the wrong forum thread or sent a message to the wrong person.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

[quote="Solarblade"]
The remaining songs to be released!

Watashi no Nanni mo Wakacchanai (Momusu)

Seishun Say A-HA (Momusu)

I Musou Strong! (ANGERME)
Kono Sekai wa Suteta Mon ja nai (Juice=Juice)

Abaratteka!? Have a Good Time (Juice=Juice)

Giniro no Telepathy (Juice=Juice)
Arigata-Meiwaku Monogatari (KSS)
Medatte Do Dance (KSS)
[/quote]

updated
Last edited by Solarblade on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Hurry while it's up! Full ver of Gobaku.... Likin' it <3 <3 <3

Arara yachatta doushiyou kanaaaa?
Arara yachatta doushiyou mo naiiii...
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

This is so hot.

H!P's recent 80s-themed recordings are so on-point. 
Last edited by JPope on Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

[quote="Solarblade"]
Min Min Rock'n'Roll - Full PV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTIMLL-r62U
[/quote]

Delayed by a week due to nuclear test coverage, but here's Yokoyan and Funaki performing on Oha Sta:http://dai.ly/x5zmbr4?start=784
Super-short version starts at 13:04. 

This song is too cute and sunstroked not to recommend.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Funaki really shines when it comes to duos/small groups.

Also the live version was way better than the MV for me :)
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

This week, they released two (one of the songs is a track from Sawayaka Goro), but the other is Arigata-Meiwaku Monogatari!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Seeing other UF artists releasing stuff through I'm keeping my hopes up for another BitterSweet single.

The other one is another KSS single right? It's great to see them doing so much with this programme nowadays.