LOO? Δ/ (Loona)

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

LOO? Δ/ (Loona)

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I'm shocked and appalled that there's no thread for this group yet!

Loona is going to be a 12-member group once they debut. However their company, Blockberry Creative, decided to go a very, well, creative route and is unveiling each girl one month of the year. Each girl even gets their own solo song, so you can get to know each and every girl's style, ability and personality individually. There are also multiple subunits. We now have all 12 members revealed!!!

(Leader) Heejin, 17--ViViD [October]
Hyunjin, 17--Around You [November]
Haseul, 20--Let Me In[December]
(Maknae) Yeojin, 15--Kiss Later [January]
Vivi, 20--Everyday I Love You [April]
Kim Lip, 18--Eclipse [May]
Jinsoul, 20--Singing in The Rain [June]
Choerry, 16--Love Cherry Motion [July]
Yves, 21--New [November]
Chuu, 18--Heart Attack [December]
Go Won, 17--One & Only [January]
Olivia Hye, 16--Egoist [March]

Subunits:

Heejin & Hyunjin; I'll Be There, My Sunday
Heejin & Hyunjin & Hasuel; The Carol
Haseul & Yeojin; My Melody
Loona 1/3; Love&Live, Sonatine, Rain 51db
Odd Eye Circle; Girl Front, Loonatic, Sweet Crazy Love
yyxy; love4eva (ft.Grimes)

LOONA songs:

Pre-Debut Lead Single: favOriTe
Debut Title Track: Hi High

At the very least, it's interesting. I'm already a big fan, so I'm excited. I think the company is really awesome and creative... love their innovation. Plus they sub the daily LoonaTV episodes in English captions. BBC is a sister company of Polaris, which manages Ladies Code.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Re: LOO? Δ/ (Loona)

Post by WonderBuono »

Ah thank you for making this! I've been thinking about doing it for a while...
"Singing in the Rain" is my jam! They're all good songs actually.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

LOONA is by far the most interesting K-pop group this year. Everything they've released has just been so well-done, and I'm anticipating the Kim Lip+JinSoul+Choerry trio in September.

I recently discovered that they released the mini web drama firstlovestory. Both the pilot episodes and first season are available on YouTube. It's a multiperspective college love triangle story featuring the first six members (HeeJin to Kim Lip), and it's certainly an acceptable foray into acting.
Last edited by Zaeleus on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Kim Lip's "Eclipse" got a shout out from NASA (second song on the playlist). :lol:
Last edited by Zaeleus on Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

^ saw that, that was so neat. QUEEN LIP.

Also, the second season of the lovestory series has started~

Luckily August is almost over, so we're one month closer to the new subgroup. PUMPED. But baby Yeojin Q_Q
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Loona's new subunit, Odd Eye Cricle, just came out with their first song "Front Girl."

The members of this subunit are KimLip (Eclipse), Jinsoul (Singing in the Rain), and Choerry (Love Cherry Motion).

Shot in LA, if I remember correctly. This is the September release of the month, which leads us to speculate August and September's girls are next year. Next month (October) is leader Heejin's month.... We're wondering if she'll get a new solo song or what. 

This leaves these months' members to be revealed in 2018;

February
March
August
September.

With those 4 girls revealed, Loona will be its full 12 member group.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

OEC released a new song so I went ahead and updated the main thread. I also updated a few of the girls' ages as their birthdays passed or will pass very shortly.

Anyone else been following them? Sweet Crazy Love is a really nice song... Their song Starlight from the Max & Match album is really pleasant too.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I definitely prefer Sweet Crazy Love to Girl Front. :)

I wish they would just debut a new member though. I'm getting impatient haha.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

The entire ODD EYE CIRCLE trilogy was fantastic. The overarching styles and concepts were a nice change from 1/3.

Speaking of LOONA 1/3, HeeJin, HyunJin, and HaSeul auditioned for the music survival show MIXNINE (episode 2 @ 36:15 or fansubbed cut). They showed a very underwhelming performance, unfortunately.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Zaeleus"]
The entire ODD EYE CIRCLE trilogy was fantastic. The overarching styles and concepts were a nice change from 1/3.

Speaking of LOONA 1/3, HeeJin, HyunJin, and HaSeul auditioned for the music survival show MIXNINE (episode 2 @ 36:15 or fansubbed cut). They showed a very underwhelming performance, unfortunately.
[/quote]

They should have switched Heejin and Haseul's lines in Mr.Chu I think... It would have fit the original song a bit more.

Poor Haseul definitely can't dance. But I'm glad they got an honest evaluation.... Things like that sometimes are the spark to make you work harder.

EDIT: Here's the unedited clip of their audition. Personally I think they did better than the little bits that got edited together for the show. Still not great but not as bad as the original made them seem.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Ninth member Yves released her solo song "new" yesterday. It's a very 80s-inspired track. I approve of the music direction they're going after OEC.
Last edited by Zaeleus on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I almost don't want LOONA to become a full group because I love their solo songs so much more than the units'. XD
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Chuu - Heart Attack. LOONA, ending the year with a bang.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Zaeleus"]
Chuu - Heart Attack. LOONA, ending the year with a bang.
[/quote]

Chuu is my new bias and I'm so pleased  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Updated the original post with the most recent songs... and there are good ones :)

Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

I've gotten really into LOONA ever since you made this thread and I am so excited for their debut this year... finally!
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

OT12 had their first release with favOriTe... aka A BOP. The choreography is outstanding, really.

PS--Yay! Mukuro I'm so glad you like LOONA. I've been obsessed with them since I found out about them back in like May of 2017.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

They honestly are my obsession now. I haven't felt this way about a group since I found MM in the seventh grade. favOriTe is seriously such a good song and it just made me so happy to see them as a full group finally. :cryalot:
Last edited by Mukuro on Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

LOONA finally had their official debut, and it's a poppy bop! :)

LOONA- Hi High