Who are the best actresses in Hello! Project?

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Madara
ANGERME

Who are the best actresses in Hello! Project?

Post by Madara »

Who are the best actresses among H!P members, past and present, who have acted in dramatic roles in TV shows and movies? I confess I haven’t seen a lot of their work. Most of the films I’ve seen with them are genre films—comedies, thrillers, sci-fi, fantasy, as in BLACK ANGELS, KUNG FU CHEFS, YO YO GIRL COP, and that animated cake movie with Minimoni--and not given to the kinds of characterization that would challenge an actress creating a role. In terms of the latter, the one thing I remember being impressed by was Maki Goto’s role as the Izu Dancer of literary fame in a 2001 TV adaptation of Kawabata’s “Izu no Odoriko,” a role previously played onscreen by both Hibari Misora and Momoe Yamaguchi, among many others.

Any thoughts on this? What TV shows or movies contain the best acting jobs by any of the girls? And are any of  them available?

Thanks.

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: Who are the best actresses in Hello! Project?

Post by Anderei »

I'm not a big fan of watching anything where the girls act, but Mano is by far and large the most successful actress to come out of H!P, so I'd try tracking down her stuff if you're interested.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="210992" data-time="1510102083">Who are the best actresses among H!P members, past and present</blockquote>Tamura Meimi, then the whole depth of the Mariana Trench, then everyone else. IMHO. :wut:

Honestly I haven't been able to get a hold of any of her post-graduation appearances, but watching her in Lilium and some other things you could see she was born for it and dying for a chance to spread her wings.

Anderei is probably right about Mano being more successful in terms of popularity, but I don't remember her work being as jaw-dropping as Meimi's.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Forgot about Mano, even after doing a whole blog entry on her performance in that Kamen Rider movie about 5 years ago. I do have her Patlabor episodes, but haven't watched them yet.

I look forward to seeing Meimi act onscreen.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Honestly I find Meimi is overdoing everything so I don't appreciate her acting at all.

I liked Sakura's and Duu's acting in MM recent musicals.

I think Airi had quite a few roles through her career but I didn't watched them, except in Suugaku Joshi Gakuen 5 years ago and Piece (a drama) a few months ago (small and "quiet" role so a bit hard to assess her performance but it was good to me).
Campy <3 !
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="210995" data-time="1510130417"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="210992" data-time="1510102083">
Who are the best actresses among H!P members, past and present</blockquote>Tamura Meimi, then the whole depth of the Mariana Trench, then everyone else. IMHO. :wut:

Honestly I haven't been able to get a hold of any of her post-graduation appearances, but watching her in Lilium and some other things you could see she was born for it and dying for a chance to spread her wings.

Anderei is probably right about Mano being more successful in terms of popularity, but I don't remember her work being as jaw-dropping as Meimi's.</blockquote>

I wouldn't compare them because they do different kind of work. Mano does just straight acting, not musicals.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Risa, Ai, Meimi, Haruka are pretty into theatre acting.

I enjoyed Ai-chan in QED, but they don’t really train them as actors. They’re more jack-of-all-trades type of people.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

NONE.
I'm telling you, not a single one of them is the best!
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I honestly really loved Ishikawa Rika in Sukeban Deka LOL it was an over the top, campy performance and she played it perfectly.