[02.21.2018] Tsubaki Factory - Teion Yakedo / Shunrenka / I Need You ~Yozora no Kanransha~

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: [02.21.2018] Tsubaki Factory - Teion Yakedo / Shunrenka / I Need You ~Yozora no Kanransha~

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="211776" data-time="1513656460"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="211771" data-time="1513621607">
The two new songs translate to “Spring Love Song” and “I need you, The night sky from the Ferris Wheel”</blockquote>

Isn't it backwards? Wouldn't it have to be Kanransha no Yozora to be that?</blockquote>
Sorry I accidentally deleted your post. But yes, you’re right it should be “The Ferris Wheel in the Night Sky”
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Re: [02.21.2018] Tsubaki Factory - Teion Yakedo / Shunrenka / I Need You ~Yozora no Kanransha~

Post by Anderei »

<p class="bbc_center">Image
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I like the Tanpopo outfits and the nostalgic H!P sound, but not so much the Mo-Step breakdown. Looking forward to hearing this with Autotune.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I’m not too fond of any of the covers. Some of them aren’t bad but others are. Limited B is probably my least favorite.
Formerly Mizura
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Reg C could be really pretty if it was pulled off better, but I don't feel it was. My personal favorite was Lim C, so I ordered that one from CDJapan, I think it's really nice and refreshing.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I don't think any of them are bad. They're all so awkward though lol.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
Reg C could be really pretty if it was pulled off better, but I don't feel it was. 
[/quote]

It's the haphazard staging. The background is stunning, and instead of setting up some nice, tight group poses in front of it, they just spread out a few things for them to sit on and snapped a shot. It's a wasted opportunity. Lim C is my favorite, too.

The rest are fine, though. None of them are really embarrassing. 
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

From Friday's Upcoming, here's a clip of Risa, Mizuho, and Yumeno doing recordings for Shunrenka.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liNUFJ7JEuc

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I can't believe there's still nearly an entire month before this comes out???
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
jigenbakuda
Kenshuusei

Post by jigenbakuda »

Morning Musume - Sato Masaki (佐藤優樹)
Fukumura Mizuki (譜久村聖) - 聖そういうのじゃないもん…
Oda Sakura (小田さくら) - フェロモン・ディーヴァ
Angerme - Nakanishi Kana (中西香菜)
Tsubuki Factory - ???
<a class="bbc_url" href="https://flic.kr/p/21TdAdk" title="External link">Image</a>
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

And finally Shunranka MV is out : https://youtu.be/kTCgEAmrmh4.

All MVs are nice and have a define theme, so even with usual shots, save for I need you since we don't have that much outdoors MV, it's neat. Outfits are also quite nice ; I don't like much Shunranka ones but they don't stand out in a bad way so ok. I must say Saorin looks so cute in Teion Yakedo and in I need you for these slightly different hairstyles (and outfits). Ami looks also really good and I like a lot her outfit in I need you.

I think my favorite song is Teion Yakedo, I prefer cool songs rather than cute ones and it might be a bit more upbeat, but I actually like both of the cuter songs. I don't know if I will get tired of them but for now, it is overall a strong single to me, maybe my favorite one from them. At least, much better than their last one I didn't like.
Campy <3 !
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Boom, 54k first day sales.

https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2018-02-20/

If only Up-Front realised that promoting every group like that would get them sales like these.

Then again, will they continue promoting Tsubaki like that once they have a decent fanbase, put them on non-stop touring and make Ichioka's group the new hot thing?

(The answer is no, of course.)
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Tsubaki have literally done nothing but handshake events for the past four months (single was announced in the middle of November). I'd be surprised if they can maintain these kind of figures once they start having normal release periods.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Did Oricon made its rules about event sales / preorders more loose? I mean that's what kicked MM's sales from 100k first day to 70k.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

The rule about preorders at events was that to count, they had to have a title (TBA is okay) and a release date. They also made boxsets count as one no matter how many copies are in it. Most of the rules they came up with don't really affect the larger groups too much as long as they do enough events to counteract it, which Tsubaki obviously did. They stopped counting all the copies sold at events in general nearly 10 years ago, that is nothing new.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]
They also made boxsets count as one no matter how many copies are in it.
[/quote]

I wonder if anyone has thought to offer a free "special display box" and a discount for buying each copy of the single? Would probably only work at events, but every bit counts.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

6k second day, making it 60k total.
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2018-02-21/' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2018-02-21/</a>

Billboard has them at 75k.
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.billboard-japan.com/d_news/detail/60357/2' class="bbc_url" title="External link">http://www.billboard-japan.com/d_news/detail/60357/2</a>
Last edited by DonJuan on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I liked all three, but "Teion" is absolutely awesome. I'd love to see it in concert. I hope they perform it at Hina Fest.

And I must ride that ferris wheel in "I Need You." That's the one in Odaiba, isn't it?
Last edited by Madara on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

Teion has the best outfit I think H!P has cooked up in quite a while. It's adorable. Also I think Shunrenka is one of my new favorite H!P songs up there with Warrate (actually man I really liked the outfits from Waratte also). I have to say I thought Tsubaki was a dud group but they've really surprised me with these past couple of releases lol.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

First week numbers :

- Billboard 81k, 2nd weekly.

- Oricon 68k, 2nd weekly.

They are way behind Arashi but they sold 8k more (Oricon numbers) than Exile The Second.
Campy <3 !
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Another amazing single... Keep it up Tsubaki. I'm sorry for doubting you, your singles have been nothing but hits for me since your debut. 

I'd actually really like them to release and album. Shunrenka strikes me as a really typical Japanese song but I really, really dig it still. All 3 from this single are winners from me. I hope they keep up the really cute pop themes in their songs and transition it to stages once they start performing in halls.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I'm confused. Why is "Shunrenka" being used in the thread title and some of the posts when the song title, as listed on CDJapan, is "Harukoi Uta" or "Haru Koiuta"?

Thanks.
Last edited by Madara on Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="213186" data-time="1521806168">
I'm confused. Why is "Shunrenka" being used in the thread title and some of the posts when the song title, as listed on CDJapan, is "Harukoi Uta" or "Haru Koiuta"?

Thanks.</blockquote>You can read the kanji that way. The kanji for spring can be read as ‘haru’ or ‘shun’, the kanji for love can be ‘koi’ or ‘ren’, and the kanji for song can be ‘uta’ or ‘ka’.

Looks the website incorrectly romanized it, and no one bothered to see if they had the song title right.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

To add onto that, all the official Japanese-language sources that utilize furigana to show how to pronounce the title say Shunrenka as well.

I was curious myself, since I thought Haru Koi Uta would be kind of cute if a little drawn out, but it is officially Shunrenka.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Thanks. Somebody needs to tell CDJapan this. Doesn't UpFront monitor its products on the site? (I think I know the answer to that.)

Oh, and "Haru Koi Uta" rolls off the tongue more easily (well, mine at least) and sounds prettier than "Shunrenka."