[02.21.2018] Tsubaki Factory - Teion Yakedo / Shunrenka / I Need You ~Yozora no Kanransha~

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: [02.21.2018] Tsubaki Factory - Teion Yakedo / Shunrenka / I Need You ~Yozora no Kanransha~

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="213191" data-time="1521825594">
Thanks. Somebody needs to tell CDJapan this. Doesn't UpFront monitor its products on the site? (I think I know the answer to that.)

Oh, and "Haru Koi Uta" rolls off the tongue more easily (well, mine at least) and sounds prettier than "Shunrenka."</blockquote>
Haru Koi Uta is grammatically odd.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Meikochi
ANGERME

Re: [02.21.2018] Tsubaki Factory - Teion Yakedo / Shunrenka / I Need You ~Yozora no Kanransha~

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="213191" data-time="1521825594">
Oh, and "Haru Koi Uta" rolls off the tongue more easily (well, mine at least) and sounds prettier than "Shunrenka."</blockquote>It's way harder for me to have an "H" and a "T" to say instead of a (Japanese) "R" which flows like an "L" (so easy to say), plus having a "U" to pronounce after a "K-" sound, instead of having a "KA" at the end ; a "NO" in between would have make it easier (and grammatically better). [I "tested" everything in Japanese, not with a French way of saying it].

But it is interesting to note what's different for you.
Last edited by Meikochi on Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

I think shunrenka is the kun-yomi pronounciation.  It's a very close match to how it's pronounced in mandarin chinese, which is "Chun (choo-wen) Lien (with a short "e") ka".

Another fan of the "haru koi uta" pronounciation here.  I don't see the any grammatical issues with calling it "[a]' Spring Love Song"; this actually reminded me of a similarly titled song from the Card Captor Sakura movie, "Shunshou Jouka", also titled "haru yoi koi uta". And yes, that  translates to "spring evening love songs".

I just don't have a strong feel for pronunciations that close with a consonant as opposed to a short vowel, especially for ~evocative~ titles like this.  It's just a matter of phonological aesthetics (i.e., the prettiness of spoken languages).
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Shunrenka here.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Haru Koi Uta feels too vowel-y too me. Shunrenka has an odd nasally tone when I try and say the "ren" so idk if I particularly like it better.... But it feels like less of a tongue-twister. Also feels a little less cliche too. Haru Koi Uta sounds like what the kindergartner would say, ya know?

So in the end, Shunrenka it is!!

Also did anyone get a slightly Ai wa Maru de Seidenki vibe from this?? It also had yarn in it, like what Airi used in that video ;)
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Haru Koi Uta sounds like what the kindergartner would say, ya know?
[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. It's just nouns to nouns. If anything I'd call it Haru Koi no Uta, to give it a less bumpy sound.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="213207" data-time="1521998625"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="213205" data-time="1521997085">
Haru Koi Uta sounds like what the kindergartner would say, ya know?</blockquote>

Yeah, I agree. It's just nouns to nouns. If anything I'd call it Haru Koi no Uta, to give it a less bumpy sound.</blockquote>
No, it would be Haru no Koi Uta.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Oops. So I guess "Spring Love Song" is actually more like "love song for/of spring" than "song for/of spring love". 
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="213217" data-time="1522080528">
Oops. So I guess "Spring Love Song" is actually more like "love song for/of spring" than "song for/of spring love".</blockquote>
Yeah :)
rikako♡eripon♡airi