Hello!Spam :: 2023 ~Dancing, Singing, Exciting!~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2022 ~Love and Peace~

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Personally, I’d probably put Manaka as the #1 dancer if I was doing my own ranking. Mao, yes, is also very good. Miyo’s great, but I don’t think she really gets to showcase it in the best way since her style is more hip hop-ish.

Ayumi will probably reign as the “cheer dance”-style leader, but it’s not my type when it comes to dance.

Rikako is still really good, but I think the reason she doesn’t stand out as much is she toned down her over-dancing, so her movements don’t look as big and she’s not quite as expressive as before (now she goes for the cooler expressions, which I don’t mind.) But she did a really nice job on one of the more recent concerts when she was covering another group’s song… I’ll have to find it and share.

ETA: this is the concert I was thinking of. You can of course spot in her in the all-cast songs, but also as a back up dancer in Platonic Planet. I feel like she was in the zone in this live in particular. https://youtu.be/69EAWVKero0
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Replying one year later! Haha

But yes, every time I see Reina is shocks me how little she’s changed. Even the way she styles herself hasn’t changed much over the years, so I feel like I’m transported back to 2007 whenever I see her.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

OCHA NORMA's Momo Kitahara and Miyabi sing Berryz Koubou's “Koi no Jubaku”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd8gWypAGVg

This is pretty good. I like Momo's voice, but she's totally subsumed by Miyabi on the unison parts.

Momo is the one member of OCHA NORMA that I know a little about -- she was my favorite performer during the 2021 KSS Recital, right up until Yofu kicked everyone's ass. Still Momo's "Boogie Train" was pretty impressive for a trainee. Also, I love how much Miyabi we're getting since Pink CRES dissolved. I think she's become my favorite former H!P Kid.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

JPope wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:43 pmright up until Yofu kicked everyone's ass.
:rofl: Nothing but truth in that statement! Runo is awesome and I’m super excited for her growth.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I stumbled on this cover/duet that Kiki and Rio did of Morning Coffee!

I love it... they harmonize well together and they fit the air of the song so nicely. :wub: Rio is ridiculously beautiful, Kiki is so cute, and their voices are so relaxing. Almost like a warm drink of coffee. :lol:

There's plenty more One on One covers from what I can see - definitely something cool to check out.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

So this was literally the only place I consumed H!P content from. Someone give me a short run down of the last year?
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

It’s convenient that I made a thread about it.

https://mm-bbs.org/viewtopic.php?t=8271

Enjoy!
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

New One Plus One featuring Rei Inoue and OCHA NORMA'S Nanami Kubota singing "Suki Kamo Shirenai" from Kobushi Factory's 2nd album.

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

This is phenomenal.

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

At the 23:30 mark of the latest Upcoming, Ichika cuts the violin solo for "Future Smile."

I wonder when the inevitable Kobayashi/Ichika duet is gonna happen?
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Since I'm the only one into Vtubers it seems and no one goes to that section, here's Kiara talking about Berryz and S/mileage. She is truly one of us.

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I’ve been waiting for Yulia’s performance since they announced these. Only because I’m curious to see her progress. She’s really come a long way. Not sure if she’s ready for a group yet, but overall she’s better now than where she started.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

As someone who doesn't really follow the duet series (yeah, I know, shame on me) I'm surprised to see that they actually go through the trouble of prerecording these sessions (since this is obviously not live - and if it's only some editing afterwards I'm impressed). Therefore I'm gonna say what I always say: Release these as a digital album once you're done! Or after like 20 tracks and call it Volume 1!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

It’s such easy money for them!
I’d buy anything if it involved music.

But they don’t like easy money! ;v
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Some Biyo lives from last year featuring a live band. I understand why they don't do this more often, but I really wish they did.

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Kobayashi Honoka did the drawing for Yokoyama's Birthday Shirt and I kinda can't love her anymore than I already do, but she is truly the idol I love for having so many talents. Music AND Drawing? Stop! I can't take anymore.

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

New ONE PLUS ONE: Madoka Saito (OCHA NORMA) x Akari Takeuchi: "Suki-chan" (S/mileage)

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I watched all four parts of the H!P Fall 2021 concert Blu-ray, Aki "Zoku Kachou Fuugetsu," within 24 hours of receiving it via Fed Ex. (First time in years I’ve done that kind of quick turnaround.) The 56 members of H!P at the time are divided up into four teams: Hana, Tori, Kaze and Tsuki, for four separate concerts averaging 82 min. each. It’s pretty great stuff and it gave me a chance to finally catch up on the “current” state of H!P, pre-Ocha Norma that is, particularly the seven new girls who joined Juice=Juice and Tsubaki Factory last year. I’d never seen any of them perform before. I must say they’re all good, with some showing particular potential. I expect great things of all of them, esp. Marine Fukuda, Runo Yofu and Yuumi Kasai.

My assessment after watching these discs is that there are more formidable performers in H!P’s current lineup than there have ever been. Just a short list of the most formidable in Team Kaze alone, which is why I choose that as the best of the four: Ayumi, Kaga, Rikako, Mao, Miyo, Manaka, Ruru, Kurumi, Ayano K. That’s nine, without even getting to the formidable performers in the other teams. And seeing them do whole concerts together rather than in mix-and-match special numbers within larger H!P concerts is quite a thrill. My only disappointment is that I still haven't seen the new girls perform with their own groups in concert.

Teams Kaze and Tsuki each have Dance Performance segments with six members each. The big surprise was seeing Riai Matsunaga in Team Tsuki’s dance number. I had no idea she was that good. Later in the same concert, Minami Okamura is one of the four silent dancers in “Oh My Wish.” I’d never seen her dance like that either. They’re all so good.

Each team has its own MC. The four MCs are: Moe, Akane, Kurumi, Kiki. They do it all without notes or cue cards. Moe is just phenomenal. I think, if she ever graduates (and I hope she doesn’t), that they use her as MC for H!P concerts indefinitely. She’s definitely on a par with Maimi.

Team Kaze's version of "Mukidashi de Mukiatte" is on YT. Also from that concert, Kaga and Rikako do "Rock Erotic." These were both linked on FB. If I can find the links, I'll post them here. They're fantastic.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I got that blu-ray too! I've only made it through 2 discs but I'm working on it! I got the Blu-ray then realized I lost my HDMI cable so I needed to wait till I got a new one. I much prefer this concert over the Step by Step concert. But I seem to have totally blanked out on the Sapphire & Ruby because I forgot that was a thing, even after I compared it to Pokemon. So I'll need to go grab that and look it over.

As much as I enjoy these little group concerts, mainly because we actually get to see certain girls perform that we normally wouldn't given the size of certain groups (Angerme I'm looking at you) or their seniority bias (Hi Morning Musume) I'm looking forward to HinaFest and the [url=https://helloproject.fandom.com/wiki/He ... TY_CIRCUIT]H!P Circuit concert series /url]this year because I MISS the groups as a whole. About as much as I miss the sounds of fans cheering and chanting. They are such a BIG part of the concert experience for me and it's missed terribly.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Madara wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:27 am
My assessment after watching these discs is that there are more formidable performers in H!P’s current lineup than there have ever been. Just a short list of the most formidable in Team Kaze alone, which is why I choose that as the best of the four: Ayumi, Kaga, Rikako, Mao, Miyo, Manaka, Ruru, Kurumi, Ayano K. That’s nine, without even getting to the formidable performers in the other teams. And seeing them do whole concerts together rather than in mix-and-match special numbers within larger H!P concerts is quite a thrill. My only disappointment is that I still haven't seen the new girls perform with their own groups in concert.
I just watched a clip of this unit on YT last night, and yeah, that's a murderer's row lineup. It also includes Mei and Kokoro, btw, both of whom belong in the discussion of "formidable" H!P performers. Even the weaker members of this unit -- Kiki, Saorin and Hashi Rin -- are at least average. And to your greater point, it does seem to be a reflection of the greater emphasis UF seems to have placed on higher-level talent when selecting new H!P idols the past few years.

Here's the clip.

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

H!P does have a good number of natural born performers at the moment. In fact, I think the only really awkward performers are newbies who will probably become decent in a year or two. Even Hashi-Rin, while still a weaker performer, has stepped up.

Hina-Fes solos/duets/trios have been announced!

Unfortunately solo-pulls again, but I guess it can't be helped. Especially since they probably recorded these sometime close to the little corona break-out some time ago.

Results:
Spoiler: [+]
Juice=Juice Premium
Solo: Nonaka Miki
Duo: Kawana Rin, Hiromoto Ruli
Trio: Makino Maria, Hirayama Yuki, Shimakura Rika

ANGERME Premium
Solo: Yofu Runo
Duo: Inaba Manaka, Eguchi Sayaka
Trio: Akiyama Mao, Irie Risa, Ebata Kisaki

Tsubaki Factory & Beyooooonds Premium
Solo: Maeda Kokoro
Duo: Oda Sakura, Kubota Nanami
Trio: Tanimoto Ami, Yamazaki Yuhane, Tsutsui Roko

Morning Musume.'22 Premium
Solo: Nakayama Natsume
Duo: Haga Akane, Takase Kurumi
Trio: Okamura Homare, Uemura Akari, Kishimoto Yumeno

As for some visuals...
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I'm stoked for three of the four solos and one of the duets. There are no Power Units on the level of last year's Yuhane/Shiori duet or even Mao/Kokoro/Riai, at least on paper. The second duet could be awesome, though. and the last trio could be really good depending on how well the weak-link does. As usual, song selection is the key.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

In other news, Momoko turned 30 today, March 6.

Here's a picture I took at a public event in Yokohama during Hina Fes in March 2016:

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^I hope she's living her best life.

While I earn for normal group performances (and a normal audience), one of the best things to come form the mixed group concerts was getting to hear girls sing songs they don't normally sing.
Mr. Moonlight with Kishimon, Momohime - and Miimi? (Who was a lot better than I expected) - Sign me up!
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

A recent Beyoooonds video: Hamukatsu Mokushiroku. I have questions about the fried food they're eating: what's it called and what's it made of?

https://youtu.be/s5sNf8_KKZM

Thanks.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

DonJuan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:39 am Mr. Moonlight with Kishimon, Momohime - and Miimi? (Who was a lot better than I expected) - Sign me up!
Miimi's legit.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Madara wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:59 pm A recent Beyoooonds video: Hamukatsu Mokushiroku. I have questions about the fried food they're eating: what's it called and what's it made of?

https://youtu.be/s5sNf8_KKZM

Thanks.
Hey Madara, I gave a little bit of info on this video in its thread in the release forum—check it out!! :)

Also yes everyone, don’t sleep on Miimi!! I love her! Lol
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

The ANGERME premium group looks nice. I’m glad Runo gets a solo, I wonder what song she’ll choose.

Also what kind of crazy luck does Haga have to get it every year. Also Uemura!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Check out this live clip of TF performing "Kaerou Let's Go!" from last month.

Notice anything different? They're singing live harmonies. In fact, all H!P groups have been incorporating live harmonies more and more the past year or so. I first noticed it during last year's Spring tour, and tweeted this:

Obviously the suits saw my tweet and realized I was on to something. Seriously, though, I love that they're taking advantage of their improved stable of singers like this.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Mizuki and Eripon both mentioned it. (Ayumi talked abouth remembering the earthquake).

But they are making a 10th anniversary 9-10 book through UTB. It will be self-produced from what I can read. No mention of other past members being involved, but a girl can hope, right? :suika: