Hello!Spam :: 2023 ~Dancing, Singing, Exciting!~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2022 ~Love and Peace~

Post by DonJuan »

Thank you! This is a work in progress, and I renamed the list into "shocks" instead of "scandals" (since certain situations caused some emotions but aren't actually scandals, like Hiromi or Iida Kaori's son's death). If anyone remembers something that's not yet on the list, please tell me!

- - -

OCHA NORMA new single release on November 30 (will get their releases thread once we get more information, like a title).
They also start their very first tour on November 19.
It's good to promote new groups but I do feel a bit bad about the groups being held back. Juice=Juice still hasn't released a new single this year yet...
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

October is open. I have a gut feeling it's gonna be J=J's month, and we'll get an announcement in the next couple of weeks.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Question: I know I've asked this before, but I can't find where I put the answer.

When is the official 25th anniversary of Morning Musume?
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Their Formation Date is their defacto anniversary. September 14, 1997. It was the date that Tsunku gave them the name Morning Musume.

Their major single debut (Morning Coffee) was January 28 in 1998.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

DonJuan wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:46 am So I uh. Made a list of all MM scandals that I could remember (and quickly research). I know I'm missing some but these might be the most striking!

It's a spreadsheet because I like spreadsheets.

/EDIT:

... in fact. I just made one for all of H!P lol.
Oh my god, poor Kago. She clearly was abused from a very young age. I'm so, so glad she's still here with us.

The Nacchi publishing stolen poems and 'Tsuji eating strawberries with condensed milk' cracked me up for some reason.

Kei being a bi queen. We love to see it.

This is breathtaking work. I am in awe.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Thank you! And it is a work in progress :lol: I just added a boyfriend rumor about Yamagishi Riko from 2018, Ogawa Rena giving birth at age 18 and H!P's official statement of legal actions against people spreading rumors about Mizuki meeting fans in private.

But yeah, Kago's stories really pile up and boy, considering how young she was this is really creepy :confused:
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

In 2000, Yuko Nakazawa was 27 and new member Ai Kago was 12, creating a 15-year gap in age in the group. Has there ever been an age gap that large or larger in the group since?
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

No, since the only member younger than Kago was Duu, but at the time she was younger than Kago Sayumi, the then-oldest member, was younger than Yuko.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Have Mizuki and Erina surpassed Sayumi's tenure in MM yet?
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Not yet, but soon. Mizuki and Erina are at 11 years, 8 months, 10 days. Sayumi set the record at 11 years, 10 months, 7 days.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

MejraThea wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:06 am Not yet, but soon. Mizuki and Erina are at 11 years, 8 months, 10 days. Sayumi set the record at 11 years, 10 months, 7 days.
So what day will they beat the record? November 10 or 11?
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

On November 9, 2022 it will be 11 years, 10 months, 8 days.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I wonder what part he sampled because I can’t hear it at first listen.

Edit. After a look around, I realized it’s only a snippet of the song going around and not the full thing.

Edit 2. I found a video with the lyrics. It’s the A Beautiful Star part.

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

That's pretty subtle.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yeah, it's nearly nothing about the melody and just a few words lol. But other than that it's kinda cool.
Someone said that the songwriter is my age so it would make sense that he grew up with Morning, and Souda! was still during their popular phase.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Sept. 23: 20th anniversary of Maki Goto graduating MM. Plus, it's her 37th birthday.
I celebrated by watching the Spring and Summer MM Love Is Alive! concerts from 2002, the latter of which features her graduation.

The Spring 2002 concert is also the very first MM concert I bought and hence the first one I saw, after discovering MM in the H!P Winter 2004 concert on a tape purchased the night before.
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

Madara wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:13 am Sept. 23: 20th anniversary of Maki Goto graduating MM. Plus, it's her 37th birthday.
I celebrated by watching the Spring and Summer MM Love Is Alive! concerts from 2002, the latter of which features her graduation.

The Spring 2002 concert is also the very first MM concert I bought and hence the first one I saw, after discovering MM in the H!P Winter 2004 concert on a tape purchased the night before.
2002 Spring was the first concert I ever watched too! I bought it secondhand off ebay (in 2004) and I remember being weirded out by all the men in the audience lol. SUCH a good concert! :wub:
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

I think the first concert I ever saw was Elder Club graduation and I remember being extremely confused; I only knew Buono! at the time and was looking for Buono! lives.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I finally got a chance to listen to the real opening and it's so much more noticeable at the end of the OP compared to that first preview I heard.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

ONE PLUS ONE: Marine x Yuhane - "Furefure Everyday" (short version)

This is really cute.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Am I the only one who thinks Tsubaki Factory performing "Samba Kobushi Janeiro" just seems wrong? :lol: If Ocha whipped this out at a show I'd just be happy to hear it, but this is like if C-ute did VERY BEAUTY or something after BK broke up.

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Looking over new releases on CDJapan to order, I found this Blu-ray from H!P Kenshuusei, "Hello! Project Kenshusei Happyokai 2022 - Haru no Kokai Jitsuryoku Shindan Test," - described as: “"Project trainee presentation meeting 2022" held on May 3, 2022 at Nakano Sun-plaza is now packaged on Blu-ray! The Blu-ray package includes making-of that shows the rehearsals and behind-the-scenes footage of the day's events. Running time: Main feature: approx. 140 min. plus bonus footage (making-of footage): approx. 20 min."

Does anyone know what exactly this is? Is there any actual performance footage? What are "the day's events"? Is it worth getting?

Thanks.

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/DAKUFXW-1029
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

It’s probably extended footage that wasn’t seen on their Helli Dream show plus the annual Kenshuusei test.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

1+1 = Shiori²

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I saw Morning Musume trending on my Twitter feed and I didn't understand why. But they popped up in mention
on a billboard article.

Another little nod to Morning Musume in the Kickback Song.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I think it was well done. The song is pretty catchy, and it uses the Souda! part really well.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I feel like Juice=Juice could do with a rebranding. Some groups just can’t seem to survive a mass graduation and Juice seems like one of those groups.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I feel like they're going through one right now. It's less "the avengers" and while we do have talented singers with Ruru, Rei and Riai they certainly tuned down the difficulty of their songs. I wonder if they're becoming the retro group now, since their last single did sound quite so.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

There's definitely a more laid-back and polished pop vibe with J=J compared to the harder-edged, more adventurous sound of the original group. And yeah, their last four singles -- going back to "Pop Music" -- have all included at least one song with a retro sound, so that's clearly a feature as opposed to a bug. I dig the new sound, but I wonder how conducive it is to mind-blowing "holy fuck!" bangers like " "Hitori de Ikiraresou" tte Sore tte Nee, Homete Iru no?" or "Fiesta Fiesta?"

And as I finish typing that, it occurs to me that "Future Smile" is exactly that for me, so... :lol:
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Singer Irene Cara has died at the age of 63. She has a Hello! Project connection. In 2002, she was one of a group of American singers who contributed to the album, “Cover Morning Musume Hello! Project.” She did the first track, “Our Youth 1, 2, 3!” an English cover of the Petit Moni song, “Seishun Jidai 1, 2, 3!” 13 years later, C-ute repaid the favor by doing Cara’s song “Flashdance…What a Feeling,” entirely in English in their 2015 concert, “Future Departure.”