Hello!News Network :: 2023; 25 Years of Noisy Girls!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

AquaChan
ANGERME

Re: Hello!News Network :: 2018 Anniversary Edition

Post by AquaChan »

[quote="Solarblade"]

<p style="font-family:'helvetica neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;">===ANGERME Concert 2020 ~Kishoutenketsu~ Funaki Musubu Graduation Special Setlist===
<p style="font-family:'helvetica neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;"> 
[/quote]

I just watched the whole thing. Still suffering from Funalost, but here are some thoughts.

- Is it me or most of them seems pretty low energy? Especially Kamiko, she's off on some points (never saw that since her debut to be fair, she missed lyrics and fell flat)
- Hashisako seems to get confidence. There's is definitely improvement from the 2019 concert tours (just rewatched last week). Let's hope the new girls are going to push her a little more.
- The whole solo medley came to a good point. 16 minutes long and Funa didn't crack. 
- The new girls where rough on their group song. Wakana was impressive in Samui ne, little disappointed in Shion considering her kenshuusei days. 

Otherwise it was quite a long (and weird) concert.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="AquaChan"]
- Is it me or most of them seems pretty low energy? Especially Kamiko, she's off on some points (never saw that since her debut to be fair, she missed lyrics and fell flat)
[/quote]

To be honest I thought the same. Not sure if it's the whole atmosphere with fans only being allowed to clap (Juice wasn't at the top level either), but they seemed a bit tired. Not pumped.
(I thought this for the Premier Seat performance too, though.)
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>Just finished watching the Funa grad concert, and yeah, they seemed a little off. I wonder if it's just not performing enough as a group lately. You do lose your edge when you don't work a lot. I think their energy was fine for the most part, and it was just an off night, which is odd considering the circumstances. Take, Ayano, Kasa and Funa all had great energy, I thought, while Moe and Rikako were noticably off early, although I think everything picked up after the medley. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>You know who else had a bad night? The Board Op, lol! How many times did you see a girl singing without hearing her for a second or two? And I forget which song it was, but the overall vocal level was ridiculously low for about half the song. Ah well, these things happen.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Since I dragged Hashi-Rin earlier, I should give credit when it's due. She looked decent on this night. Not great, but okay. It seems counter-intuitive, but I think she's currently at her best, not when she's being cute, but when she's going for intense. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>And Funaki graduating just sucks, for all the obvious reasons, but also because I think she was right on the cusp of Legendary status within H!P. Maybe she is for some, but for me it was only within the past couple of years that she really found her voice, and Angerme's membership bloodletting left her as arguably the group's best singer and dancer. She would have been a cornerstone member of both Anju and H!P for the next however many years, but she noped-out. So few girls reach the level where H!P immortality becomes a possibility, and it's a bummer to see one pass on it.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Anyway, I hope she finds whatever it is she's looking for and is as successful at it as she was at being an idol.</div>
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I actually wonder if she regrets her decision. By the time she announced her graduation she seemed burned out. Like, her grad was announced at the same time as Country Girls' hiatus and a few months before that she had her vocal cord nodules.
Then again, she did decide to study dance. Or at least that's what she said. By the way, she left Up Front as well. I didn't even know that until I looked up her wikia profile.

I do hope that she can start doing that as soon as possible (and maybe use the corona break to relax). I'm still super bummed that Murotan and Minami don't get to do anything right now, probably because of corona (as Minami said, she wanted to study overseas, and Murotan probably can't find another agency atm since everybody is trying to safe money).

--------

By the way, it's Kitagawa Rio's turn on the covers today.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Seems like today Miyo Hirai had her birthday event and she performed an original song AM4 (エーエムフォー) and said there was originally a rap part but cut it out because of her outfit that night, she hopes everyone gets to hear it in full

Also, Lyrics, Composition, and Arrangement were done by her.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Miyo is so cool. Didn't know she was musically inclined outside of singing.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I didn't expect that either! Especially arranging music seems to be quite the work. I feel that currently H!P has a lot of members who know a lot about music.

Talking about good music...

There was a TV show that ranked the best idol singers, and they mentioned Sakura, Sayuki and Ruru. Someone was kind enough to sub their parts. It's here on Youtube.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

It's cool to hear people outside of the fandom say all of the things we've been saying about them for years.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Beyooooonds will debut a new song on their Premier Seat set next week.

https://twitter.com/JPopProjectNews/status/1339701539439587328
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="JPope"]
Beyooooonds will debut a new song on their Premier Seat set next week.

https://twitter.com/JPopProjectNews/status/1339701539439587328
[/quote]

Freaking YES

I have missed BEYOOOOONDS so much.... keep listening to their album songs, lol
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

For those who are interested, the Beyooooonds Discord will be streaming the Premier Seat performance starting in about a half hour from now.

https://t.co/KmcTkN8ewJ?amp=1
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I haven't seen the Beyooooonds Premier Seat broadcast up anywhere, but I watched the stream in the Discord, and it's really good. My favorite of the Premier Seat sets so far. Great energy throughout, and in addition to "Now Now Ningen," they premiered a live version of "Kinoko Takenoko Daisenki," which is superb. "Now Now Ningen" hasn't really grabbed me yet, but the chorus is pretty catchy, and the song overall is pretty cute.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Mizuki announced on her blog that she and Yokoyan have been tested negative (after working with Harunan) but they will still sit out on the Countdown event.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Beyooooonds on Premier Seat.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

[quote="JPope"]
Beyooooonds on Premier Seat.
[/quote]
This got me so hype. They're really great performers, I've seen their concert bluray so many times. The Kinoko performance was AMAZING, and I'm so glad they ended it on Nobishiro.

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I finally got to watch Beyooooonds' Premier Seat and I enjoyed it immensely! My favourite so far. I could have watched another hour of this!

Also, are we all sleeping on Momohime? Girl is on fire!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="DonJuan"]
Also, are we all sleeping on Momohime? Girl is on fire!
[/quote]

I have her ranked number 4 in all of H!P, so not all of us!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Hah, good! I usually wouldn't put any Beyooooonds into the top H!P singing category (Sakura, Sayuki, Ruru) - many are in the second best with Mizuki and Moe (like Yuhane, Rika, Shiori, Miyo) - but Momohime might grow into the highest category.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Yeah, Hime isn't quite at Sayuki/Sakura/Ruru level yet, but I believe she has the potential to surpass all of them. She has more of what you can't learn than any H!P singer I can think of, so it's just a matter of learning to control her voice consistently. Her passion is great, but sometimes I think it gets the best of her, and as with all of the more powerful singers, I worry about it eventually damaging her voice. That being said, she has the raw tools to eventually be a mainstream non-idol singer if she can refine and improve her instrument.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

I've loved her ever since she did Mr Moonlight for one of the recitals.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Kamikokuryo Moe will once again be McDonalds' McFlurry campaign girl. Apparently she will sing a special song for the campaign, too ("McFlurry nandedarou",「マックフルーリーなんでだろう」).
This time they're promoting not only the KitKat McFlurry, but also an Oreo McFlurry (Red McFlurry and Blue McFlurry), and the joke is "Both go?!" (「どっちも、いっちゃう!?」, Docchimo, Icchau?!").

https://natalie.mu/music/news/412995
https://twitter.com/natalie_mu/status/1351447320152346625

Just googled a bit, and the song might be a parody on Tetsu and Tomo's Nandedarou. That's just my guess though. Seems to be a popular thing, I remember Gaki parodying it for some New Years sketch yeeeaaars ago.
Edit: Oh right, the song will drop on January 27.
Last edited by DonJuan on Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Just copying this from twitter...

"Juice=Juice and Tsubaki Factory will be holding an audition for new members. This will be a joint audition. Those who win may join either group. Audition site opens January 22. Deadline is March 1."

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://helloproject.com/news/12756/' class="bbc_url" title="External link">http://helloproject.com/news/12756/</a>
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://twitter.com/hipnewsservice/stat ... 86464?s=20' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://twitter.com/hipnewsservice/stat ... 64?s=20</a>

Tsubaki joins the generational groups. Guess we will see several graduations not too far into the future.
Last edited by DonJuan on Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Ohhhh nooooo

I can see Kirara joining Tsubaki though
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I wonder who's about to graduate from each group? I don't like that TF is going to be a never-ending group like the others, but I suppose I can be convinced if they add some heavy-hitting talent, because I honestly couldn't name a single member past Kishimon, Kiki and Mao, nor would I miss any of them if they left. I'm not that surprised about J=J, because the original members are all getting up there in age, and so is Manaka. I hope the departures are spaced out a little better than Anju's were, but we're probably gonna see a couple leave this year, and I really hope Sayuki isn't one of them.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

I'm really surprised for Tsubaki. I was expecting them to go the Berryz route, but at the same time, they could use some fresh blood (looking at how Ono/Onoda/Akiyama time really helped them step up).

But we need more MM grads too! 
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yeah, from what I've seen people are mostly surprised about Tsubaki. Juice has been in this for some time now, and Tomoko is 25 turning 26 this year. But Tsubaki could easily go on with 8 members, or even with 7 or 6.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Damn, I was hoping J=J would remain an internal-only thing to keep the skill level high.
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

It is surprising about them adding new members to Tsubaki, but then again, they added Mao, Saori, and Mizuho before they debuted majorly. I thought it was going to be the C-ute to Kobushi’s Berryz with those three being the (Kanna, before major debut) and not adding anyone after the graduations. I hope they don’t end up being like ANGERME where they will instantly add girls whenever someone leaves. So, will the new girl(s) be 2nd gen or 3rd since they never classified what Saori and the other 2 were?
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

My guess is that Tsubaki's n00bs will be called 2nd Gen, with the idea that anyone who was a member at their major debut is 1st gen, and anything that happened pre-major debut was just tweaking. OTOH, J=J doesn't consider generations at all, so who knows?
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="221667" data-time="1611201221">
My guess is that Tsubaki's n00bs will be called 2nd Gen, with the idea that anyone who was a member at their major debut is 1st gen, and anything that happened pre-major debut was just tweaking.</blockquote>
I honestly can't remember how many or when S/mileage debuted 2nd gen... Was it after their debut?