[03.28.2018] Kobushi Factory 5th Single - Kore Kara da! / Ashita Tenki ni Naare

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

aine
ANGERME

Re: [03.28.2018] Kobushi Factory 5th Single - Kore Kara da! / Ashita Tenki ni Naare

Post by aine »

Reg A wins but they're all surprisingly non-bad (some less so than others).

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
MejraThea
ANGERME

Re: [03.28.2018] Kobushi Factory 5th Single - Kore Kara da! / Ashita Tenki ni Naare

Post by MejraThea »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="213021" data-time="1519955502"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="213019" data-time="1519954915">
So Hirose's also a side-of-the-line girl, huh. Interesting.</blockquote>
With only five people, yeah.</blockquote>

You can say "with only five people, yeah" but it doesn't change the fact that she's the next side-liner after the others were gone.

Speaking of whom, I miss. If they were going to do a C-ute vibe the 5 works, but the way Kobushi was really flattered their number. Sigh.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="213035" data-time="1519995051"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="213021" data-time="1519955502"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="213019" data-time="1519954915">
So Hirose's also a side-of-the-line girl, huh. Interesting.</blockquote>With only five people, yeah.</blockquote>You can say "with only five people, yeah" but it doesn't change the fact that she's the next side-liner after the others were gone.

Speaking of whom, I miss. If they were going to do a C-ute vibe the 5 works, but the way Kobushi was really flattered their number. Sigh.</blockquote>Quite agreeing with you.

Edit : But I know I pay particularly attention to it because Ayaka is one of my all H!P favorite.

This doesn't change the fact I realize now better than when they were 8 what you said in your 2nd sentence though.
Last edited by Meikochi on Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I don't feel like Kobushi's music style really flatters a group with only five members, truthfully.  The bombastic, OTTness of most of their songs just calls for a larger group sound, in my opinion.  It's hard to imagine them performing Samba with only five of them, for instance.  
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="213048" data-time="1520178203">
I don't feel like Kobushi's music style really flatters a group with only five members, truthfully. The bombastic, OTTness of most of their songs just calls for a larger group sound, in my opinion. It's hard to imagine them performing Samba with only five of them, for instance.</blockquote>

Yeah, but I feel like we have enough groups doing the more standard sound so it'd be disappointing to get yet another.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

https://youtu.be/TLp_u9ZZBHw?t=47s

Ashita Tenki ni Naare H!S version.

The beginning is a bit weird but I like the song even though it's not a banger.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Now, this song I actually DO think works with fewer members!  I hope they pursue this type of sound more instead of Kore Kara Da tracks.  It's got that Kobushi flavor without sounding like it needs a ton of singers to support the energy.
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqCDuKgukB4

PV for Ashita Tenki is out.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

I don't like the MV parts (mainly just the guy talking) but I love the song!
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

The whole video was super cringey lol. Kinda reminded me of the intro to AKB's Koisuru Fortune Cookie with random English-speaking guy but actually worse.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYnQxjC3dtk&feature=youtu.be&t=47s

Kore Kara da! Harusute version. 
I like it. The song is, again, not a banger, but the video seems quite nice. 

Generally speaking, this single sounds a bit like a statement. Nothing serious of course, but having Ashita Tenki ni Naare mention they had to go through some stuff lately and Kore Kara da dealing with rejection is a nice touch.
Could be reading too much into it, of course.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I think it’s a banger. I’ve havent liked their last 2 singles after loving the first few, so I’m excited!
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I like both songs a lot.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I like both songs a lot as well. This is their first single in a while that I've actually liked.
Formerly Mizura
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="213126" data-time="1521064850"><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYnQxjC ... u.be&t=47s' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYnQxjC ... e&t=47s</a>

Kore Kara da! Harusute version.

I like it. The song is, again, not a banger, but the video seems quite nice.

Generally speaking, this single sounds a bit like a statement. Nothing serious of course, but having Ashita Tenki ni Naare mention they had to go through some stuff lately and Kore Kara da dealing with rejection is a nice touch.

Could be reading too much into it, of course.</blockquote>
I felt like Ashita was like that too.
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNLkGUBMBM

Here is the PV for Kore Kara da!
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Ashita is meh at best for me. Kore Kara has a nice chorus but the rest isn't my taste.... I actually liked Tsubaki's most recent release quite a bit more. 

That's really sad coming from someone who really loved Kobushi (especially their album) and their rock sound. *Sigh*
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

In the MV for "Korekara da," they use the office plaza at Chiba City for the race scene. This location is used frequently for sentai and Kamen Rider fight scenes. I visited it when I was in Japan.

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

First day sales: 23,419 copies sold.

https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2018-03-27/

It doesn't sound like much but it's in line with their previews releases, in fact it's their 2nd highest first day sales.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It’s not bad considering how low key the promo has been.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Okay, last necro-bump, swearsies. This came out right after I disappeared.

I like "Kore Kara da" but there was something that just seemed off that I couldn't put my finger on. Farrah put hers on it for me:

[quote="Farrah"]
I don't feel like Kobushi's music style really flatters a group with only five members, truthfully.  The bombastic, OTTness of most of their songs just calls for a larger group sound, in my opinion.  It's hard to imagine them performing Samba with only five of them, for instance.  
[/quote]

Yup, this feels like a song for a group with at least two more girls to really work. It's good, though.

And "Ashita Tenki..."

[quote="Farrah"]
Now, this song I actually DO think works with fewer members!  I hope they pursue this type of sound more instead of Kore Kara Da tracks.  It's got that Kobushi flavor without sounding like it needs a ton of singers to support the energy.
[/quote]

Yup, totally agree, and this is a style of Jpop, when well done, that gets me every time. I love this. It's timeless. This could have been recorded by any number of J-girl groups over the past 15 years and fit into its era. Yeah, the video is cheesy as fuck, but the concept of re-introducing Kobushi Factory is solid. This is my favorite H!P song of 2018 so far.