[2018.04.18] Juice=Juice - SEXY SEXY / Naite II yo / Vivid Midnight

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: [2018.04.18] Juice=Juice - SEXY SEXY / Naite II yo / Vivid Midnight

Post by TicTacAnyone »

This type of song really suits Danbara's voice. Overall I quite like it so far... But more than anything I really like the choreo. Seems solid.
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgxdaRvQL5Q

And here is the PV for SEXY SEXY
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

Nanami was one of the bottom girls for me while in Country Girls. Didn't mind her, but didn't like her either, but she is really excelling in J=J. Despite sometimes confusing her and Karin now, her new style really makes her more adorable. I was a bit nervous to have her be added to this group, but damn, she has really stepped it up.
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

I love every song in this single, none of them disappoint me

I really loved the choreography in SEXY SEXY. Everything in it seemed to fit together really well. Not to mention, Yanamin got some spotlight and really proved her worth here. She makes an excellent addition to this group.

For whatever reason, Naite gives me Love Live (mainly Aqours) vibes upon first listen. Maybe it's the lyrics, maybe it's the general mood of the song, maybe it's both. Regardless, it's a good song. PV is pretty but could be better.

VIvid Midnight had me excited by the title alone. I was expecting something darker, but what I expected and what I got were two extremely different things. However, I'm glad we got what we did with this song because it sounds amazing. Unfortunately, no PV yet, so I can't say anything about it except that it better not ruin this song for me. (knowing my luck though, it will, just watch...)
Now, what you hear is not a test
 -  -  -  
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I'm actually really digging SEXY SEXY now. The MV is very basic but it works I guess. 

This is also a nice direction for Juice=Juice. Mature, but in a smoother way than °C-ute's more "aggressive" way. 
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

H!S version of Vivid Midnight's MV.

https://youtu.be/jRfUedP_0a0

I wonder if the Korean composers also had a say in the MV, it reminds me of some KPop videos I've seen.
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj8EFzQZuIk

And here is the PV for Vivid Midnight.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I'm really digging it. The colours, the attitude, did Juice finally get a decent dance? The song is quite good as well.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Danbaran is so cute in this. I wish they had made her center since Yanamin got Sexy sexy.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

[quote="Zange"]
VIvid Midnight had me excited by the title alone. I was expecting something darker, but what I expected and what I got were two extremely different things. However, I'm glad we got what we did with this song because it sounds amazing. Unfortunately, no PV yet, so I can't say anything about it except that it better not ruin this song for me. (knowing my luck though, it will, just watch...)
[/quote]

FOR ONCE BAD LUCK DIDN'T HAPPEN BECAUSE THIS WAS A GOOD PV HOLY SMOKES

It's so colorful, everyone genuinely looks like they're having fun not just in the dance but all throughout the video, all the shots flow nice and smooth, plus that bit near the end where the members spelled out Juice=Juice with 1 member/letter in each box and the boxes scrolling marquee style was really nice! Now that I can (somewhat) tell who's singing certain parts, I think Ruru especially did a nice job with this song. 
Now, what you hear is not a test
 -  -  -  
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Dan. ba. ra.

SHE IS KILLIN IT! I swear her dance moves are sooo smooth. This single is killer, one of Ju=Ju's best, and they've had a lot of really good singles.

They definitely did a much more trendy style on the girls in Vivid Midnight. Those bangs are all the rage in Japanese fashion magazines rn. :)
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Does anyone might know why Vivid Midnight isn't available on iTunes/Apple Music? Is it because of the rights?

Yes, I'm one of the 2 people using Apple Music, get over it.
Last edited by AquaChan on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="AquaChan" data-cid="213466" data-time="1524025209">
Does anyone might know why Vivid Midnight isn't available on iTunes/Apple Music? Is it because of the rights?

<del>Yes, I'm one of the 2 people using Apple Music, get over it.</del></blockquote>Darn it! This is my favorite one too! It’s not even available to buy on iTunes ????
Last edited by momoirosaya on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Juice=Juice did Sexy Sexy and Vivid Midnight at all four HinaFest concerts.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I thought some of you would like Aari's face she makes here... She gets along so well w/ Danbara lol

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Necro bump.  :danceman:   Get used to it, I've got catching up to do.

On first listen, "Naite II yo" was the one that grabbed me, and after a few more it's still my favorite. I love the harmonies in the verses, and the chorus is a great release. I kind of think I'd like a more rock and roll arrangement, though. They could have done this as a straight-up Badfinger tribute, as the song has a definite Pete Ham vibe to it.

"Sexy Sexy" feels like it would fit seamlessly with MM's catalog from the past four years or so, which is not immediately great, but I can see this growing on me. The vocal performance is the best of the three songs here. 

"Vivid Midnight" is my least favorite of the bunch, which sucks, because it had the most potential to be great. JJ is the only H!P group with a chance in hell of pulling off KPop, but the cut-rate recording sabotages the girls from the start. The attention to detail that makes Kpop work just isn't there, so it just falls a little flat. I could see this growing on me, too, as I get used to the recording, but it does feel a bit like a missed opportunity to make something great.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this single. Nothing stands out in the way Fiesta! did, but it's solid.