Wada Ayaka to graduate from Angerme Spring 2019

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

WonderBuono
ANGERME

Re: Wada Ayaka to graduate from Angerme Spring 2019

Post by WonderBuono »

I’ll be in Tokyo on the 19th so I’ll miss both lol
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I'd be happy to see you again kitaoji !

And is there really no way you could come one day earlier to Tokyo WonderBuono ? You would only need to arrive there for 6pm. Also J=J will be performing in Aichi on May 25 so you may catch that, if you really want (day trip there with night buses for example).
Campy <3 !
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

^ sadly no we already bought domestic tickets to Tokyo for the 19th! We are actually aiming for the May 25th concert though! (That’ll be the day I arrive in Japan so I’ll be craaaazy jet lagged and exhausted but like yolo)
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

I'm sad that her graduation is so close now. I love Dawa and I'll actually miss her voice in Angerme. It's definitely not even close to the best voice in the world but it's grown on me over the years and I think it adds something distinctive to the group.

Has she ever announced what her plans are post-graduation?
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I just watched Maimi Yajima and Saki Nakajima perform together at the H!P Countdown Party 2018 and then Maasa Sudo and Yurina Kumai. So there's hope we'll see Ayaka and Kanon Fukuda show up for a reunion duet at a future H!P concert.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Wada has graduated and in true Wada style she did things her way when it came to the actual graduation portion. 

The concert was pretty emotional. The tears started flowing half way through. And just about everyone broke down at some point in the concert. 

Wada has never been my favorite member but I begrudgingly accepted her after a long long while. When members of H!P stick around long enough, you kind of treat them like a piece of furniture that you miss when it's finally gone and you didn't realize how much you liked that chair, even if it wasn't your favorite. She will be missed. And I don't know how much change is coming for the group. But change will be coming for sure. 

I honestly haven't sat through an Angerme concert since Meimi left if I'm honest with myself. I have never shied away from the fact that Angerme after Meimi and Kanon left just wasn't for me. After watching this concert I can kind of see where I got that feeling. The group isn't as cohesive as I like my groups to be. They are all doing their own thing vocally and it just doesn't sit well with me. They have a few songs I like, but they are basically my new Berryz. Love the girls, but the group just isn't for me. I've come to accept that I can't force myself to like them. 

Anyway, it was a great concert and probably 100 times more emotional than Yuka's. It was very classy and very Wada. I look forward to the new Angerme and how they can grow and thrive after losing a rock like Wada. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Did they ever announce who is Sub-Leader of H!P?  Or is it just Fukuchan at the top now?
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

There was no appointed sub-leader. I misquoted something. But Mizuki might name one if she feels she needs too, probably at an upcoming H!P concert. I'd think she'd only do that if she doesn't think she's going to be around for much longer. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I could see it going to Take-chan or a younger leader like Hirose. If they made Kawamuu subleader they might be willing to do the same there.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I do think that if anyone it's going to be Takechan. Having two Eggs follow the original first Egg leader? There's no better promotion for the Kenshuusei programme.

But see them announcing Kana as the sub-leader and confusing the heck out of me. Maybe they're also going with Tomoko as the oldest member.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Fuku and Take are from the same Egg generation. My bet is on both of them.
I guess they'll keep seniority for H!P and all the other weird systems for the groups (Angerme is the only one not following seniority right now...)
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Once upon a time, Ayaka wrote an essay on French Impressionists that was translated into English. Does anyone have that link? Or any other writings she's done, translated into English?

Thanks.
Last edited by Madara on Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I did a tribute to Ayaka on my blog. I use mostly shots I've compiled over the years and I discuss my changing feelings about her over the years. I also bring up the whole "Racist-chan" controversy. If I got anything wrong, please let me know and I'll change it. Thanks.

https://madarasjpopblog.wordpress.com/2019/06/20/ayaka-wada-tribute-to-an-era/

Last edited by Madara on Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Ayacho really grew on me, so I was sad to see her go. I'd really come to like her performances in all aspects :)

However I was over the moon when I heard Take was the new leader.... That's the best H!P news I've heard in a while.

She was cute when speaking of the members during her speech--going so far as basically say all the members are forgetful and silly.... Even calling out Murota in particular for forgetting her phone places, lol. She also gave a nice little portion of her speech thanking the staff that puts their concerts together. Take's turn speaking was pretty emotional... I loved that she told Ayaka to always worry about ANGERME and to not graduate feeling secure--she always wanted Ayaka to think about how ANGERME was doing. And that Take said she would protect the group Ayaka created and where she brought the group to (such as automatically getting Budokan tour endings, etc.)

All-in-all, a great graduation concert.