[2018.07.18] Tsubaki Factory - Date no Hi wa Ni-do Kurai… / Junjou Centimeter / Kon'ya Dake Ukaretakatta

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

[2018.07.18] Tsubaki Factory - Date no Hi wa Ni-do Kurai… / Junjou Centimeter / Kon'ya Dake Ukaretakatta

Post by Shoujo Q »

Announced on the latest The Girls Live, Tsubaki Factory's next single will be a triple A-side released on July 18th, tentatively. 

Song order may change but they are

Date no Hi wa Ni-do Kurai…
Junjou Centimeter
Kon'ya Dake Ukaretakatta

This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: [2018.07.18] Tsubaki Factory - Date no Hi wa Ni-do Kurai… / Junjou Centimeter / Kon'ya Dake Ukaretakatta

Post by DonJuan »

Announcing it three months before the release? I guess there's a lot of events coming again. Granted they'd kill the hype if they sold around 50k copies like the other non-MM groups atm.

/EDIT: Two months. I'm blind. That's pretty normal.
Last edited by DonJuan on Mon May 21, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Re: [2018.07.18] Tsubaki Factory - Date no Hi wa Ni-do Kurai… / Junjou Centimeter / Kon'ya Dake Ukaretakatta

Post by Anderei »

Surprised it’s not an album, because I’d be surprised if they get another release this year unless it’s like the last week in December.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I'm ready for Tsubaki to wreck my lowly opinion of them again :)

Honestly, if this single is a hit for me as well, they'll probably pass Kobushi song-wise for me. Let's just say I have expectations that this single will be good!!
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Title of the first track is "Date no Hi wa Ni-do Kurai Shower Shite Dekaketai"

http://helloproject.com/release/detail/EPCE-7409/

(デートの日は二度くらいシャワーして出かけたい / 純情cm / 今夜だけ浮かれたかった)
Last edited by Solarblade on Mon May 21, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I was thinking about how such a long title could only be a Tsunku song and yeah, it is. From Jplop:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">First song is an electro dance number by Tsunku since Just Try

2nd song is a sad song by Teion Yakedo lyrics writer

3rd song by Kodama and Takui, a summer digital ska beat song. Pay attention to their yukata in the MV</blockquote>
Last edited by DonJuan on Mon May 21, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Just Try sucked, so I don't trust Tsunku one bit.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Yeah Just Try is one of my least favorites of Tsubaki. The girl who did Teion Yakedo and Ameko though are awesome!!
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Kodama and Takuiiiiii ohhhhh myyy godddd I'm so ready. Give me that song right now. A SUMMER HIT BY KODAMA AND TAKUI. With ska too? end me.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Tue May 22, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

dang I’m anticipating a bop from this. I hope I’m not disappointed lol
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I read Junjou Centimeter as Juicy Center at first and it made me want to die temporarily.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Radio Preview of <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://twitter.com/gen_giraffe/status/ ... 20544?s=21' class="bbc_url" title="External link">Date no Hi</a>

New profile pics: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://helloproject.com/tsubakifactory/profile/' class="bbc_url" title="External link">http://helloproject.com/tsubakifactory/profile/</a>
Last edited by momoirosaya on Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

Whoa. When did Kiki lop off all her hair? O_O She looks like someone's mom, haha.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Kishimon's hair is such a refreshing style right now, I think that kind of length looks great on her and her personality.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Junjou cm PV is on Hello Station

It’s nice- not an instant love, but I like the chorus.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Covers are out:

Reg A

Reg B

Reg C

Lim A

Lim B

Lim C

SP
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Outside of both A's -- and Limited A in particular -- this is a really nice set of covers. WTF is the deal with Lim A, though?  :facepalm:
Last edited by JPope on Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Ami kind of looks like Park Hye-Shin. I wonder how she would do in Korea.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Some of those covers are straight up embarrassing LOL.  I hope Hello!Project's graphic design team is paid barely minimum wage tbh.  They continually serve junior high level skills.

I have to hand it to Tsubaki... not only is their music getting better, but I can finally listen to them without grimacing.  Their vocals used to be painful even on the studio cut.  I can't attest to their live skills, I doubt they're very good, but they've come light years in terms of studio vocals.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Akiyama's new bangs style is liiiiiiiiiife <3 Maopin <3
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

Albiet boring, I think that some of these are pretty cute and I’m really really liking Tsubaki Factory right now (limited A though, lol wat). I also feel like I understand why the covers are consistently boring and basic— H!P just has SO many groups right now that have maybe way too many editions of every single, and they probably stretch their small graphic design department thin with these, so I can imagine it’s hard to be creative with every single one of them when the graphics department is just handed some stock photos of the girls and told to work with what they have. I’d then like to think maybe we could at least get one like awesome cover per single if they NEED all these limited versions but what’s the point when sales don’t seem to really seem to be effected by the cover quality either way lol. I don’t anticipate the trend of boring covers ending any time soon.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Last edited by JPope on Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

Probably my favorite part of the entire video was the fact that they put a little border on the top and bottom of the thing to make it look like a centimeter ruler and I thought that was a nice little touch.

Other than that, I loved the song and I really hope H!P keeps that lyric writer because they are doing wonders.
Now, what you hear is not a test
 -  -  -  
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

This song really reminds me of a Nogi46 B-side and I am here for it!
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I like how they’re incorporating the mainstream Idol sound into Tsubaki. It keeps H!P more interesting!
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Preview of the PV for Date no Hi in this week's Station episode.

Both of these songs are pretty solid, but I definitely prefer Junjou.  This song is a little too generic, to the extent it could've easily gone to any other active group other than Kobushi or ANGERME imo.  Like I can easily see MM doing this as one of their slower tracks or J=J doing it as one of their "mature" releases. 

It's a shame the videos so far are very cheap, 'cause Junjou might be my favorite H!P song this year.  H!P videos are always cheaper than they have an excuse to be though so it's not like I can say anyone else is getting superior treatment lol.
Last edited by Farrah on Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I’m not instantly in love with this single like I was with the last 2, but it’s still pretty solid. I’m hoping the 3rd song will be more upbeat.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

It is more upbeat indeed :lol:
Radio preview of Konya Dake Ukaretakatta.

I wonder if they'll do a dance shot with alternative outfits because I can't imagine them dancing in yukatas to this :lol:

I think Tsubaki is going the more mainstream idol way, which they might success at. If there's one positive thing I can say about H!P right now, it's that they are starting to get a bit more deverse:

• Morning Musume: "Cool"/"lame-cool" EDM
  • ANGERME: alternative (not so much the song as the general group dynamic - of course compared to actual alternative idol groups they still seem very traditional, but among H!P fans they're the most likely to be considered that)
  • Juice=Juice: mature, voice-focused
  • Kobushi: rockish
  • Tsubaki: mainstream
Last edited by DonJuan on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

It makes sense that the least talented group should be the most mainstream :lol: