Re: [2018.10.24] Morning Musume '18 - Furari Ginza / Jiyuu na Kuni Dakara

Post by momoirosaya »

I like Lim A best.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Wow--at least from the pictures, this looks like Yokoyan's era. She is killing it in the Furari Ginza albums.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="honey"]
Have any idol groups taken advantage of the growing viral interest in the city pop/future funk scene? 
[/quote]

They're called Especia and they're fucking awesome, but mostly unknown lol :(

At this point, I'm mostly just excited that we don't have any white outfits for once, ha.  Furari Ginza is the most interesting song, but to me that isn't saying much, because it bares a strong resemblance to various tracks by other H!P groups of the past.
Last edited by Farrah on Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Performance live
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/e2RgGQBrVT0' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://youtu.be/e2RgGQBrVT0</a>

WHAT A BORING SONG. I felt nothing watching this.

I wish they did what they did with the ending to the whole song! All of a sudden the beat became more interesting.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]
Performance live
<a class="bbc_url" href="https://youtu.be/e2RgGQBrVT0" title="External link">https://youtu.be/e2RgGQBrVT0</a>

WHAT A BORING SONG. I felt nothing watching this.

I wish they did what they did with the ending to the whole song! All of a sudden the beat became more interesting.
[/quote]

Pretty much. And this was the shortened ver., imagine that same boring beat for even longer. That's my main complaint of the song.... It feels like it goes nowhere (until the last second.) Doesn't progress. I don't hate the lyrics, dance, outfits or beat. But it's just so BLAND.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I love this video, the colors are so pretty and the girls all have personality. Even Akane impressed me! Maybe I'm starting to not hate her... :)
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

Okay, I enjoy the aesthetics and the colors in the video. Everything looks so nice and cute, but... the song is so boring. The song even ruins the video a bit, which is a shame.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Oh look, it's the "diamonds" from J=J's Romance no Tochuu! :lol:

Just kidding, I really like it. Even the song is okay. It's no jammer but well, at least I can somewhat remember its melody. 
Also, Ayumi is really good here. She might only be the dance focus, but she's shining like a true center.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

It’s cute, but... I agree. Boring.

The music video has more impact than the song.

Also I wish this had been an Ayumi center she looks so cute. They haven’t had a center since Riho left.

They should have had a Harunan center song- this is her last single...

MM may actually be my least favorite group in H!P right now. They’re music is so uninspired.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I actually like it. It’s better than the white outfit ballad style songs. It’s still not the most interesting though but it feels like they did actually try a bit more with it.
Formerly Mizura
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Song isn't very exciting but honestly I like it better than anything on their last single, so there's that LOL.  JPope said further up that it has W vibes and I hear that even more in the full audio.  It's nothing groundbreaking, but at least it's got some elements instrumentally and melodically that we haven't heard from MM in awhile.  They've been stuck on that one very predictable sound and song structure you see in A Gonna for about two years now and I appreciate that this song is a departure from that.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Snoozer, again.

Sounds like a C-list Berryz song.... sigh....
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

This song is crying out for a live band arrangement with bright guitars covered in sweet 60s reverb. They really should have just gone full retro on this. It would've been awesome.
aisasami
こぶしファクトリー

Post by aisasami »

[quote="Farrah"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="honey" data-cid="215393" data-time="1537662466">
<div>
Have any idol groups taken advantage of the growing viral interest in the city pop/future funk scene? 
[/quote]

They're called Especia and they're fucking awesome, but mostly unknown lol :(
</div>
</blockquote>

Late to add and off-topic buttttt: Uknown and mostly forgotten. They broke up this past March. But, ex-member Monari Wakita is keeping the genre alive. She is super cute! Saw her at a mini-live last year.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

[quote="JPope"]
This song is crying out for a live band arrangement with bright guitars covered in sweet 60s reverb. They really should have just gone full retro on this. It would've been awesome.
[/quote]

Yes. Yes. Yes. The 70s and 80s had plenty of synths that could DO that reverb.  this unfortunately sounds too sharp.
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

The video was a nice departure from the norm but the song really missed the mark, it’s terribly boring. :(
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I’ve listened to the song again and while it’s boring, it’s also catchy and feels similar to the retro style country girls did. I’m wondering if I’d like it more if a different group got instead.
Formerly Mizura
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I actually quite enjoyed it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="Saya"]
Performance live
<a class="bbc_url" href="https://youtu.be/e2RgGQBrVT0" title="External link">https://youtu.be/e2RgGQBrVT0</a>
[/quote]

For some reason I had not watched this before. Watching it now and wow, that's really... emotionless?
I kind of don't get it. The beat is actually quite cool. It might be, once more, the vocals that are just... cold. I guess that's why some people say certain MM songs would sound better when performed by other groups. 
It definitely doesn't help either that it's always the same three voices over and over. I mean yeah °C-ute did the same thing but they at least sometimes used Nakasaki and Mai as accent voices, and there is a nice difference between Chisato's raw deep voice and Airi's smoother singing (and eh, Maimi I guess). Like Berryz, where Miya's and Risako's voices complimented each other while still being definitely distinguishable (additional to Yurina's and Momoko's accent vocals). With MM it's all blending together.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

This group is absolutely charmless to me these days.  
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Oh the Jiyuu na Kuni Dakara PV is out 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO3orpe6140

I'm going to just copy/paste my notes that I gave to TnB lol

<div style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', 'Segoe UI', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(29,33,41);font-size:16px;">
<div style="background-color:rgb(255,92,161);color:rgb(255,255,255);margin:1px 0px;font-family:inherit;">
<div style="font-family:inherit;">yeah I hate the uniforms a lot</div>
</div>
</div>
<div style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', 'Segoe UI', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(29,33,41);font-size:16px;">
<div style="background-color:rgb(255,92,161);color:rgb(255,255,255);margin:1px 0px;font-family:inherit;">
<div style="font-family:inherit;">I actually like the song but I like...love part of the dance and absolutely hate the other part</div>
</div>
</div>
<div style="font-family:inherit;">Eripon was the one I oculdn't take my eyes off of, Masaki somehow managed to annoy me more than usual, and this is the most I have ever seen Chisaki emote</div>
</div>
</div>
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Yeah I still don't get the uniform, but this kind of song is my jam.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I liked it more than I expected but at the same time the Angerme song is still better. The uniform feels out of place but it’s better than those white outfits they always have. I also don’t get the point of those weird papery curtains.

Their voices all blend together as well and even with the solo lines we got from Mizuki, Sakura and I think Masaki, they didn’t really stand out. There’s just too many people in the group and whoever deals with MM can’t seem to make it work like they can in Angerme.
Formerly Mizura
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

...I actually like Jiyuu na Kuni Dakara better than Furari Ginza in everything but the outfits.

Speaking of Jiyuu, what was up with those key changes near the end??? The first one was fine but the second one felt really out of place and almost unnatural to me. It was weird. (also why go back to the original key for the end riff??)

Also I'm totally not upset that Haruna got like no focus in either song and pv haha what are you talking about
Now, what you hear is not a test
 -  -  -  
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

The recorded version is better than the live version.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

This was a better song than the other one and I liked the color palette but it felt very like, low budget I guess with the weird parchment paper stalagmite set. A low budget production can be endearing if it’s still creative or charming (eg Angerme’s latest single) but this just seemed a bit thoughtless to me. Sakura, Mizuki, Maria and Yokoyan did well playing up to the camera, but the rest fell flat for me though I think Morito tried her best lol. The dance breaks were kind of weird too and their formations/dances are noticeably not as tight as they used to be either. I still have my fingers crossed for a huge image and sound shake-up soon... the genre is tired, the choreography is sloppy, the video concepts aren’t that interesting— I think that I wouldn’t be so critical of these things if the girls at least still had enough charisma to overshadow the group’s flaws but most of them just look so bored. I feel like the passion is gone lol. Maybe I’m being over-analytical with MM lately but I’m just so sad to see this group I’ve loved and followed for 15+ years like this!! wahh
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Oh yeah the set design was awful. What was that?
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Why would they give them super BOXY brown uniforms? Why why why. Why would they do that when they're trying to do a fluid dance. And then oh damn how it clashes with that silver bg... With that bad lightinggggg. The parchment idea isn't too bad, just the wrong material. It seems like they filmed the part under the parchment slightly slower, then sped it up. Does anyone else feel like the lip sync is slightly off during those scenes? Again, I wish the song built momentum all throughout, instead of just in the last 1/4. It would have been interesting to go up a key every chorus.

AND DEAR GOD WHAT IS WITH AYUMI CRAWLING TOWARDS THE CAMERA I CAN'T. NO PLEASE.

And finally, yes it's sad they neglected Haruna in all the MVs. Kinda goes to show what the company felt of her imo. She grew a decent amount with her time in MM, but a lot of us really hoped she would be the shining MC grace, or be the star of talk shows.... But alas, MM hardly goes on shows anymore it feels like. So her particular talents kinda went to waste and it felt like she didn't have much of a space in MM.
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="215575" data-time="1539484936">
And finally, yes it's sad they neglected Haruna in all the MVs. Kinda goes to show what the company felt of her imo. She grew a decent amount with her time in MM, but a lot of us really hoped she would be the shining MC grace, or be the star of talk shows.... But alas, MM hardly goes on shows anymore it feels like. So her particular talents kinda went to waste and it felt like she didn't have much of a space in MM.</blockquote>

Was this supposed to be her graduation single? If so I wouldn’t have been able to tell lol
Last edited by honey on Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.