[2018.10.24] Morning Musume '18 - Furari Ginza / Jiyuu na Kuni Dakara

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Solarblade
ANGERME

[2018.10.24] Morning Musume '18 - Furari Ginza / Jiyuu na Kuni Dakara

Post by Solarblade »

Announced at Morning Musume's 21st anniversary event today, double A-side single "Furari Ginza / Jiyuu na Kuni Dakara" (フラリ銀座/自由な国だから), release is 10/24.

There will also be an additional track included titled "Y Jiro no Tochuu" (Y字路の途中)

tracklist :
1.Furari Ginza
Lyrics, Composition by Tsunku, Arranged by Shoichiro Hirata
2.Jiyuu na Kuni Dakara
Lyrics, Composition by Tsunku, Arranged by Okubo Kaoru
3.Y Jiro no Tochuu [Additional Track]
Lyrics, Composition by Ohashi Riko, Arranged by Takahashi Shuhei
4.Furari Ginza (Instrumental)
5.Jiyuu na Kuni Dakara (Instrumental)
6.Y Jiro no Tochuu (Instrumental)

LE A DVD - Furari Ginza (Music Video)
LE B DVD - Jiyuu na Kuni Dakara (Music Video)
SP DVD - Furari Ginza (Dance Shot ver.), Jiyuu na Kuni Dakara (Dance Shot ver.)
http://www.helloproject.com/release/detail/EPCE-7438/

from Mr. A
Last edited by Solarblade on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: [2018.10.24] Morning Musume '18 - Furari Ginza / Jiyuu na Kuni Dakara

Post by DonJuan »

Additional track? The return of b-sides? Nice.

I'm generally doubtful of Tsunku/Okubo combinations, and the Tsunku/Shoichiro combination was the one behind Are You Happy but that one turned out to be quite the bop after all (Tsunku/Okubo was behind A Gonna, though - so it's basically the same as last single. Hm.). 

It seems very colorful, though:

And kinda retro? We'll see.

The writer of the additional track, Ohashi Riko, was by the way the writer of Tsubaki's Teion Yakedo and Junjou cm as well as Juice's Kindan Shoujo.

//EDIT: Jiyuu na Kuni Dakara fan recording from the event today.

A grower, I guess... 
Last edited by DonJuan on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I just hope Haruna gets some spotlight here. (Oh good I can finally say Haruna again without having to specify which one but only for one single bahaha)
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Ohashi Riko and Kodama Ameko make the best songs. I’m excited Ohashi is making a song for MM!
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

I saw the retro outfits earlier today and I'm already in love. So excited for this single.
Now, what you hear is not a test
 -  -  -  
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

Ohhhh I am loving these outfits!! seeing not white is giving me hope for this group again
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I really hope the retro song is cute and happy.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I'll get excited for a new MM single when they give me a single to be excited about. It's been over two years since they released something that truly kicked my ass ("Utakata Saturday Night!")
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Here's a live rip of Jiyuu no Kuni Dakara... Not bad but it's the same sound we've had for a few singles now. I want something different. -Sigh-
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yeah, those are my thoughts about it was well. It's better than A Gonna, but I'm not crazy for it. I do hope the first a-side is more funky or something.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

This group is the definition of stagnant right now LOL.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

We are begging for something more interesting....

Honestly Tsubaki is getting the best songs rn imo.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

[quote="JPope"]
I'll get excited for a new MM single when they give me a single to be excited about. It's been over two years since they released something that truly kicked my ass ("Utakata Saturday Night!")
[/quote]

Mukidashi de Mukiatte? Brand New Morning/Jealousy Jealousy? Jama Shinaide?

We obviously have very different tastes cuz those songs are my jam lol

Then again I'm one of the few people who likes the EDM style most (although I do appreciate variety)
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="WonderBuono"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="215309" data-time="1536990179">
<div>
[/quote]

Mukidashi de Mukiatte? Brand New Morning/Jealousy Jealousy? Jama Shinaide?

We obviously have very different tastes cuz those songs are my jam lol

Then again I'm one of the few people who likes the EDM style most (although I do appreciate variety)

</div>
</blockquote>

I like MdM and BNM enough, but I wasn't floored by them. Jealousy is one of those songs that I'll listen to if it pops up in a playlist, but I'm not gonna proactively seek it out, and Jama Shinai just never did anything for me (I like the other songs on that single, though). The point being, I'm not saying I don't like any MM songs since "Utakata Saturday Night", only that I haven't loved any of them. 

If I'm being honest, "Saturday Night" was the first MM song that I really loved since "Mikaeri Bijin". 
Last edited by JPope on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="215323" data-time="1537081136">Then again I'm one of the few people who likes the EDM style most (although I do appreciate variety)</blockquote>
MdM is my favorite song in the last... 2 years at least. That's my jam lol. But I miss the more funkish/fun songs too. Anyways.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="honey"]
Ohhhh I am loving these outfits!!
[/quote]

They really are great, except for the lace gloves. Those look ridiculous with those outfits. Flat, stretchy polyester gloves would look so much more appropriate. 
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Radio rip of Jiyuu na Kuni Dakara: https://twitter.com/gen_giraffe/status/1043520023845687296

Yeah, your usual EDM. Eh.

There have been reports about Furari Ginza being really good, though, without any solo lines.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Man, I really dig the arrangement of the music on the verses, but the chorus sounds like just about every other EDM track they've done since Sayumi left. The vocal melodies, harmonies and rhythms on display here are all warmed-over post-Sayu MM'1x. This wouldn't be nearly so boring had they deviated from the formulaic vocal part, but alas, they didn't.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Very low quality rip of Furari Ginza: https://youtu.be/KP3elpJI94g

I kinda like it. It's more melancholic than funky and I fear that there's gonna be a weird dance bridge towards the end again, but it's quite nice. Reminds me a bit of Hitorijime (the Tsubaki song), Adam to Eve no Dilemma.
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

Those outfits were too cute and funky and wow-it’s-not-white to waste on another boring EDM single. I’m disappointed but not surprised lol.

I’m so desperate for change and excitement from this group. They need to axe all the old dead weight (bye Mizuki, Erina, Ayumi, better Haruna and Chisaki ((i know Chisaki hasn’t been in MM long but that girl dead inside)), keep around Sakura and Mizuki a bit longer for some stability and get everyone hyped with something fresh; honestly they should have bounced on this sound when Riho bounced on MM back in 2015. Have any idol groups taken advantage of the growing viral interest in the city pop/future funk scene? I think that could totally be a thing for them, it could like bridge their fan demographics together by tickling the natsukashii in the OG wota while charming the interest of their newer younger female audience. I can only assume that HP is just simply not going to risk really deviating from MM’s current sound when these fuckin wota keep buying the CDs no matter how stale we all know it’s all gotten (i thought surely A Gonna/Are You Happy was gonna be as big a disaster financially as it looked and sounded but LOL), and I guess really any experimental musical endeavor can instead be tested on HP’s sister groups where there’s less to lose if it flops. I shouldn’t WANT these girls to have a Seishun Collection moment but I’ve succumbed to the realization that as long as the money formula keeps working HP is not going to touch it. RIP

Sorry for my tangent and shallow observations, anyway I’m not impressed with this single so far lol
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="honey"]
Have any idol groups taken advantage of the growing viral interest in the city pop/future funk scene? I think that could totally be a thing for them, it could like bridge their fan demographics together by tickling the natsukashii in the OG wota while charming the interest of their newer younger female audience.
[/quote]

I don't know that they could do a "proper" future-funk track, since the core of the genre is sampling, re-purposing and looping 70s-80s grooves with little song structure, but they definitely could write new grooves and process them in ways that borrow from the genre, and work them into structured pop songs. I'd be all for that. It would be, if not cutting-edge, at least forward thinking and fresh. Up Front really is risk-averse, which is understandable to a point, but we're now in the second cycle of MM going all Negan on a "sound". I remember writing this in the thread for Wakuteka Take a Chance: "Seems like they're trying to give MM a 'sound,' which is fine until it becomes old." Yeah.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Furari Ginza radio rip: https://twitter.com/maachelchii/status/1044626979222282240

The chorus (?, the part with the solos, idk) lacks a bit but the build up is really nice. I actually like it.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Oh. I like that, it's exactly what I was expecting when I saw the outfits. I'm liking this single overall. I hope the PVs aren't crap.  :girlie:
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I like the song -- it's very W -- but something about the arrangement annoys me.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I like Furari Ginza a lot, I've been aching to hear a song like this from MM for a long while now. Very calmingly funky, lol.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

<div>Covers are out!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Limited Edition A</div>
<div>Image</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Limited Edition B</div>
<div>Image</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Regular Edition A</div>
<div>Image</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Regular Edition B</div>
<div>Image</div>
<div> </div>
<div>
<div>SP</div>
<div>Image</div>
</div>
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

The A's and the SP are fantastic. The B's, not so much.

<div>Cover ranking:</div>
<div> </div>
<div>SP: Awesome. It's retro without being overtly so. The font is interesting in that it's clearly Art Deco inspired, but still feels very 21st century. Winner by a hair over...</div>
<div> </div>
<div>LA: Same easy retro execution as SP, but definitely more fully 60s-retro. This is a bit more whimsical and fun, but I like the way the SP "pops" a bit more. Also awesome.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>RA: Modern. Colorful. Fun. A bit busy, though. Still, very good.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>LB: The de rigeur school outfits are fine, as is the photo, but the background and fonts are straight WTF.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>RB: The 45-degree angle photo layout makes my head hurt. I hate this one.</div>
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I like RA the best, it looks like a promotional shot of a soap opera.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

REGULAR A HAS AN ACTUAL SET OH MY GOD I LOVE IT
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

Just basing from the radio rips, both of the songs are okay but they'll probably grow on me eventually ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But oh my god, the covers!! Regular A is probably one of the best covers MM has had in a long time, it's got these retro details and I love it.
Now, what you hear is not a test
 -  -  -