College Cosmos - Yamaki Risa finally becomes a kennin member as well

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

DonJuan
ANGERME

College Cosmos - Yamaki Risa finally becomes a kennin member as well

Post by DonJuan »

Announcement about Country Girls Yamaki Risa

Yamaki Risa will be in a joint project between Spacecraft Group (campus pageant audition "Campus Queen") & Upfront Group. This project will be a 25 member female university idol group called "College Cosmos". The other members are participants of the Campus Queen auditions. The group focuses on intellectual idols in college. Also, there seems to be no "love-ban rule" - romantic relationships are okay for the members.

https://collegecosmos.jp/
http://www.helloproject.com/news/9300/

They already have a music video out, Kotoba no Mizu wo Roka Shitai:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTQ-xTep45E

The song will be released digitally 10/3 under Up-Front.

Yamaki is one of the center girls for this song.

Some articles:

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2120707/full/?anc=181
https://natalie.mu/music/news/302227
https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1796429
https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/entame/entertainment/1144603/
Last edited by DonJuan on Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: College Cosmos - Yamaki Risa finally becomes a kennin member as well

Post by TicTacAnyone »

This just confuses me so much more on why CG was partially disbanded. Didn't Ozeko and Yamaki say they wanted to focus on studies more? Now Yamaki is joining another (related) idol group? (although it does look less intensive than being full-time in an H!P group.) But adding CG activities and this, along with the little solo work she's gotten.... Why don't they just bring back CG full time? I bet Ozeko would be up for it at this point, too. She always seems so into performances, and she's a little older now. She may be able to better balance work and studies.

I mean I guess even if all the girls wanted to go back to CG full time, staff wouldn't allow it now that 3/5 girls have been put in other groups that they don't want to pull them out of. Just boggles my mind.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Seems like the concept is to specially tailor their activities to their school workload.  It also allows her to have a more a mature image than Country Girls.

I'm sure it also allows the universities to generate publicity.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="215480" data-time="1538590962">
This just confuses me so much more on why CG was partially disbanded. Didn't Ozeko and Yamaki say they wanted to focus on studies more? Now Yamaki is joining another (related) idol group? (although it does look less intensive than being full-time in an H!P group.) But adding CG activities and this, along with the little solo work she's gotten.... Why don't they just bring back CG full time? I bet Ozeko would be up for it at this point, too. She always seems so into performances, and she's a little older now. She may be able to better balance work and studies.

I mean I guess even if all the girls wanted to go back to CG full time, staff wouldn't allow it now that 3/5 girls have been put in other groups that they don't want to pull them out of. Just boggles my mind.</blockquote>
Let’s be real, how active is this group gonna be. It might be something that does two songs and then we never hear about it again. CG is barely active and this will probably be even less work than that.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I'm with TicTac: bring back Country Girls--all of them, including Manaka--full-time!
Last edited by Madara on Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

I'm here for it, only because Risa is THE bae, lol.

Also, Manaka-less CG is just fine with me, haha.
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

I don’t really see the point of bringing back a group that’s been disbanded almost two years when the main attraction’s retired and the girls are all invested in their own separate projects. I loved CG but I’d rather see H!P invest the funds in new concepts like this one. That being said this group’s debut song didn’t impress me but I’m still really interested to see how this one develops.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Because Country Girls and Ozeki are the best ????????????
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I love this group so much already. The concept, the song, Yamakki, everything <3
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Here's a video of them live, posted today.
[/quote]

Hmmmm. The song style, the lip-sync'ing, the sheer number of performers...I'm getting a distinct AKB vibe from this. I'd like it better if Risa wasn't in it. I don't like the idea of her going from group leader of CG to just one of a very large ensemble. Isn't that a comedown for her? It just rubs it in that CG is slowly fading out, which makes me very unhappy. I did like the four-person ballet bit in the middle. That's something you won't see with AKB.
Last edited by Madara on Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

College Cosmos debuts their other two A-sides.

Yume wa Ijiwaru

Kigou Nanka ja nai Watashitachi wa
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

This whole group is such a blatant 48G knock-off LOL it honestly feels like an incredibly odd move for UFP, even when H!P was really struggling financially circa 2008-2010, UFP never tried to emulate or cash-in on AKB's success like this. 

Have I totally hated these songs?  No, not really... but the mimicry is sooo shameless, that it's kind of a turn off.  A super established, respected company like UFP shouldn't resort to things like this imo.  There have been lots of AKB copycats over the years, but they've mostly been from tiny companies trying to get their foot in the door.
Last edited by Farrah on Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

It seems odd that H!P would wait until the 48G groups have begun to wane in popularity to copy the blueprint.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

To be honest H!P has been popular with university girls for some time now, guess they want to profit from that.
The fact that it's a 46-ripoff feels weird though, I agree.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Aki-P is still going strong with his other groups. I feel like Nogizaka is everywhere, and IZ*ONE just released their Japanese debut single. There’s definitely still a market for it.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

College Cosmos has two new (-ish, I'm a little late) MVs out:

Watashi Kakumei (My Revolution)
Shiawase no Arika wa Dochira Desu ka (Where Is the Place Where I Can Find Happiness?)

They seem even lower budget than the last single and idk how exactly but... yeah...
Last edited by WonderBuono on Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU