Hello! Project 2019 Prediction Thread

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Mukuro
ANGERME

Hello! Project 2019 Prediction Thread

Post by Mukuro »

This year felt like a lot happened, but also nothing happened at the same time. Will next year be more exciting??

Now that my standard prediction of Iikubo graduating has come true I need a new one

Predictions:
- Beyonds eventually just drops the sub-group thing and stays as one group
- Kobushi gets new members from this years audition
- Rina announces graduation from angerme and therefore their outfits actually improve
-Tsubaki continues to be the companies moneymaker and so they release a second album at the end of the year
-Mizuki and Ikuta graduate from MM
-Angerme becomes worse once Ayaka graduates
Anderei
つんく♂

Re: Hello! Project 2019 Prediction Thread

Post by Anderei »

Is this the year we start predicting Mizuki graduating every single year until it happens? She feels like the epitome of someone who will stay forever because she has no real ambitions a la Sayumi.

Anyway, I’m predicting a year as boring as 2018. I was barely even able to follow Angerme and Kobushi this year even though they’re the only two groups I think H!P has that are worth the time.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Kobushi stays the same. Maybe they do an acapella track on their next single.

Tsubaki releases 3 bomb singles.

BEYOOOOOONDS releases an indie single, with one original song and each subgroup covering the track of another H!P artist.

Rina announces her graduation in the fall. ANGERME’s talent becomes more diluted with the addition of Reira and Haruka. As a result they get shoved more to the back along with Ayano and Kana.

Morning Musume has no new graduations or additions. They do another musical, and they only release 2 singles. Both are boring.

Country Girls offially disbands OR Manaka rejoins to keep them at 5.

No new grads from JJ, but they release only 2 singles in 2019. At the fall concert Miyazaki Yuka or Kanazawa Tomoko announce their graduation for the Spring of 2020.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Ozeko announces her graduation but Up-Front still keeps CG around doing nothing.

A dating “scandal”

Angerme adds one more person from Kenshuusei.

One of the new Beyonds members gets a lot of fans.

I’m gonna add my sensei’s prediction too lol she told me she thinks Ayumi will graduate next.
Last edited by WonderBuono on Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Omg I could totally see it being Ayumi.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Hello! Project just ended up feeling boring for me as well. Thinking back on it, I can barely remember what happened this year.

- Mizuki or Ayumi will graduate or announce graduation. Masaki could graduate, but at the same time I think she still wants to prove that fortune teller wrong or something. I kind of suspect something is going to happen with Yokoyama Reina. She dealt with a lot in 2018 and from what I've heard, she's been acting similar to how Nanami was in July and Nanami has since announced graduation so it could happen.

- There's going to be another Angerme graduation.

- Angerme will become not as interesting and the whole dynamic they have will change with Dawa graduating.

- Tsubaki Factory will continue to be successful.

- Kobushi Factory will get new members but nothing will really change much.

- No new Morning Musume members. They'll continue to be boring.

- Country Girls won't disband but they'll continue to exist and do nothing.

- Beyooooonds will have some success not sure how much.
Formerly Mizura
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

I feel like Mizuki had to hang on for at least one more year or else all the baton touch-like stuff from Wada during the anniversary will be meaningless.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Just to check what actually happened with my predictions from last year:
[spoilerbox]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="211063" data-time="1510265223">
Morning Musume

- another graduation, for sure.
- see them announce 15ki auditions sometime next year

- two new singles next year (if you don't count the digital one)

- Morito, Yokoyan and Miki will get special focus (kinda..? Yokoyan's photobook, Yokoyan and Chii being in that Minis group, and hey they went to the US that's totally Miki-focused)

- Kaede will become the tomboy once Duu is gone 

ANGERME

- hopefully more than one single
- will continue as 9. I expect Maho to leave completely at the end of this year, there won't be graduations next year (No graduation but two new members...)

- another stageplay, again with Dawa and Moe as the protagonists- and Takechan and Kana as the guys. lol.

Juice=Juice
- two singles

- will go on as if nothing happened
- finally US tour stop

CG
- one digital single (praise the lords, there were two)
- will be disbanded afterwards

Kobushi
- how does Up-Front fix problems? add members!! (at least two for Kobushi)

- they're rebranding the group, therefore they'll get at least two singles (no real rebranding though)

Tsubaki (I nearly forgot about them, see how much I care about them)

- going against the general opinion I'm gonna say they won't lose a member
- if they're going to lose a member it's going to be Kiki due to health reasons (apparently she's still not performing with them?)

- will continue to have rather sucessful singles (selling more copies than Kobushi and J=J)
- another photobook for the group, probably Kisora because I care about her as much as I do about Riko (= not at all)

Ichioka Factory

- will get members fromthe H!P auditions and KSS
- there will be an awkwardly large age difference between Ichioka and the youngest members (I expect a 13yo to join) (alright Eguchi is 15)
- since they're the new hot thing we'll be amazed by the promotion for them (only for them to be dropped 2019/20)

KSS

- some will go to Ichioka Factory

- if not chosen for IF Inoue Hikaru will leave
- Yuhane will continue to get CM deals (tbh I don't remember if there were any more Pizza La CMs this year)

Extras

- Ozeko will quit showbiz,Yamakki will stay for as long as her university education takes

-there will be at least one graduation due to health reasons, money is on Kiki and/or Masaki.

- Tsunku will write only 2 songs for single releases. in general. they probably both go to MM. 

- all their youtube channels will stay as boring as they are

-we're going to talk about some management members
</blockquote>
[/spoilerbox]

So, let's go on...

MM.'19
- 15th gen will be announced out of the blue
- graduation announcement at the winter or spring concerts, money is on Ayumi or Sakura 
- second graduation, Yokoyan (she seems out of it)

(isn't it sad that the only predictable stuff is members joining and leaving? lol)

ANGERME
- double grad Rina and Kana... or Rina and Take bc they tried to build up Kana as the leader
- this year they won't be doing a stage play bc they lost the great actress Dawa
- they will definitely lose steam. Kana will try her best to keep the group's spirit up but Dawa had years of experience and the new members are just so filler material even Kana can't do much

Juice=Juice
- I can't believe that Yuka stays for much longer so yeah, I'm saying Yuka grad.
- actually make it two grads, Karin will graduate bc she's going into songwriter business
- which leaves us at... uh... 5 members. I'd say perfect but management says no so new members, max. Ruru's age, probably younger

CG
- lords just break them up please

Kobushi
- they'll get a Jidanda Dance-like single and then new members

Tsubaki
- they will finally lose some steam since H!P needs money for Beyoooooooonds
- Kisora will leave bc she's always in the back

Beyooooooooonds
- imagine this: a stage play
- will release two indies this year, all as the whole big Beyooooonds group
- the only thing they will do as their sub groups are some events / cover sub units at H!P concerts
-> actually make it something like a Beyoooooonds vs Senpai medley at an H!P concert

H!P really needs something out there. They will continue like this because it gets them money, but pumping out new groups (the Factories, Beyooooonds) will only help them for a year or two each while letting the other groups rot. This is not a good development.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

More groups with absolutely stupefyingly retarded names.
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

Morning Musume
Sakura and Ayumi will graduate.
They'll add someone in 15th gen just like how they added Chisaki. It'll be 3-4 girls this time.
We'll get another album.

Angerme
Akari and will graduate.
Will get an album.

Juice=Juice
Karin will graduate.

Kobushi
We'll get a second gen.
We'll get an image color redistribution.
Someone will graduate.

Tusbaki
Will get an anime deal.
Will get a joint concert with either Beyooonds or Kobushi again.

Country Girls
Will finally disband.
Risa and Mai will be moved to Up Front.
Mai Satoda will perform in final concert. Momoko will attend concert.

Beyooonds
All groups will get second gens.
Will get a joint album or a mini album before debut.
Last edited by mrsross on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^There’s no Ayaka in MM, did you mean Ayumi?
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="iDOL1641"]
Morning Musume
Sakura and Ayaka will graduate.
[/quote]

I almost hope this is true if only because of how boring and stagnant the group is right now lmao.  They haven't really lost a key member / front girl since Riho, all of the recent graduations have been members who barely get lines or screentime.  I think Mizuki is more likely than Sakura, though.  She seems really bored to me.
Last edited by Farrah on Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

She got nothing else going for herself, though. Haruna at least has friends in showbiz. Mizuki could become a full time gravure idol maybe.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="216258" data-time="1544532910">
She got nothing else going for herself, though. Haruna at least has friends in showbiz. Mizuki could become a full time gravure idol maybe.</blockquote>

They all do the same stuff once they graduate. I don’t think anyone in MM has any actual meaningful connections. I see a lot of people expecting Haruna to become some variety star and I just don’t see it happening.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Somehow Haruna did a song for some kind of Youtube thing, so she has that kind of stuff going for her:
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1066704424209240064/pu/vid/1280x720/Cy4cAdVt3NQ4nDbw.mp4
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Just saying, Haruka had acting, and I can see Ayumi going into stage acting, just like Haruna will do very low-key hosting and manga related things like writing for magazines or something. Hell, Ikuta could continue with her golf or something. 
Mizuki though? I don't even know if she has any hobbies. 
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Ikuta could easily pick up the sports stuff that Yossi used to do: racing, cycling, diving, etc.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Mizuki has a nice enough voice she could continue singing if she wanted to (and if management supported her).
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I feel like Mizuki could also follow the Konno route of news announcer.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="216269" data-time="1544579075">I feel like Mizuki could also follow the Konno route of news announcer.</blockquote>

Konno actually got a degree for that though.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zoe" data-cid="216270" data-time="1544580731"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="216269" data-time="1544579075">
I feel like Mizuki could also follow the Konno route of news announcer.</blockquote>
Konno actually got a degree for that though.</blockquote>

Did she? I thought her degree was in something unrelated.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

Wikipedia translates Konkon's college as the School of Environmental Informatics and the Japanese wikipedia just as much admits that this covers a wide range of topics.  It is most definitely not earth sciences (that is very abstract and statistical math) and I'd say Konkon's classes were something along the lines of communications/journalism/big data or policy.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Halfway through the year, I'm bored, let's check what I predicted!

[quote="DonJuan"]MM.'19
- 15th gen will be announced out of the blue (Nah, so far the audition is still running. Could be a no winner audition again and they announce the members just like that as a surprise, but I doubt that.)
- graduation announcement at the winter or spring concerts, money is on Ayumi or Sakura (Nah, no announcements. Summer concerts (or rather SNS around that time) at the earliest.)
- second graduation, Yokoyan (she seems out of it) (Nah she's back into it.)

(isn't it sad that the only predictable stuff is members joining and leaving? lol)

ANGERME
- double grad Rina and Kana... or Rina and Take bc they tried to build up Kana as the leader (Nah, maybe Rina will leave later but ANGERME is not a group to push out two grads in one year. Could be Kana too; I'm not buying the whole "Kana doesn't want to so the new leader is Takechan" talk.)
- this year they won't be doing a stage play bc they lost the great actress Dawa (Not yet; their last stage play was in November though and was announced in September iirc.)
- they will definitely lose steam. Kana will try her best to keep the group's spirit up but Dawa had years of experience and the new members are just so filler material even Kana can't do much (Not yet, but we will see how Anju will turn out post-Dawa.)

Juice=Juice
- I can't believe that Yuka stays for much longer so yeah, I'm saying Yuka grad. (Yeah.)
- actually make it two grads, Karin will graduate bc she's going into songwriter business (Not yet, but just as Anju Juice doesn't seem too keen on pushing two grads in one year, so it's more of a nah.)
- which leaves us at... uh... 5 members. I'd say perfect but management says no so new members, max. Ruru's age, probably younger (Nah. Just nah.)

CG
- lords just break them up please (Not yet.)

Kobushi
- they'll get a Jidanda Dance-like single and then new members (Not yet. Not sure if it's gonna happen with Beyooooonds debut just behind the corner, though.)

Tsubaki
- they will finally lose some steam since H!P needs money for Beyoooooooonds (Not yet.)
- Kisora will leave bc she's always in the back (Not yet. Money is on Kiki atm bc of her health though.)

Beyooooooooonds
- imagine this: a stage play (Alice-tachi. Yeah.)
- will release two indies this year, all as the whole big Beyooooonds group (Nah. Major debut.)
- the only thing they will do as their sub groups are some events / cover sub units at H!P concerts (C#T and RFRO got unit songs, so nah.)
-> actually make it something like a Beyoooooonds vs Senpai medley at an H!P concert (Nah, that would've been too cool.)
[/quote]

Wow, what a bad prediction. Only two things came true.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

^some Budokans still haven’t happened though, could be announcements there!
Last edited by WonderBuono on Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Juice did have 2 grads this year though, but I get it lol
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

...I already forgot about Yanamin lol. Harsh.

True, there could be more announcements... personally I'm fine with Juice and Anju atm so I don't really care, but I do hope for some news regarding MM. Both about new members as well as graduations.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Alright, with the introduction of the 2020 thread, here are 2019's predictions "winners" :)

[quote="Mukuro"]
Predictions:
- Rina announces graduation from angerme and therefore their outfits actually improve
-Tsubaki continues to be the companies moneymaker and so they release a second album at the end of the year
-Angerme becomes worse once Ayaka graduates (?? subjective, haha)
[/quote]

[quote="Anderei"]
Anyway, I’m predicting a year as boring as 2018. I was barely even able to follow Angerme and Kobushi this year even though they’re the only two groups I think H!P has that are worth the time. (Subjective but I think most would agree sans the appearance of BEYOOOOONDS and 15th gen)
[/quote]

[quote="Saya"]
Kobushi stays the same. Maybe they do an acapella track on their next single.

Rina announces her graduation in the fall. ANGERME’s talent becomes more diluted with the addition of Reira and Haruka. As a result they get shoved more to the back along with Ayano and Kana.

Country Girls offially disbands OR Manaka rejoins to keep them at 5.

No new grads from JJ,but they release only 2 singles in 2019. At the fall concert Miyazaki Yuka or Kanazawa Tomoko announce their graduation for the Spring of 2020.
[/quote]

[quote="WonderBuono"]
Ozeko announces her graduation but Up-Front still keeps CG around doing nothing.

Angerme adds one more person from Kenshuusei.

One of the new Beyonds members gets a lot of fans. (Subjective, but they've all gained a lot of fans)
[/quote]

[quote="Mizura"]
Hello! Project just ended up feeling boring for me as well. Thinking back on it, I can barely remember what happened this year.

- There's going to be another Angerme graduation.

- Angerme will become not as interesting and the whole dynamic they have will change with Dawa graduating. (Subjective)

- Tsubaki Factory will continue to be successful.

- Beyooooonds will have some success not sure how much.
[/quote]

[quote="DonJuan"]
MM.'19
- 15th gen will be announced out of the blue

ANGERME
- this year they won't be doing a stage play bc they lost the great actress Dawa
- they will definitely lose steam. Kana will try her best to keep the group's spirit up but Dawa had years of experience and the new members are just so filler material even Kana can't do much

Juice=Juice
- I can't believe that Yuka stays for much longer so yeah, I'm saying Yuka grad.
- which leaves us at... uh... 5 members. I'd say perfect but management says no so new members, max. Ruru's age, probably younger

CG
- lords just break them up please

Beyooooooooonds
- imagine this: a stage play
- the only thing they will do as their sub groups are some events / cover sub units at H!P concerts
[/quote]

[quote="iDOL1641"]
Morning Musume
They'll add someone in 15th gen just like how they added Chisaki. It'll be 3-4 girls this time.

Country Girls
Will finally disband.
[/quote]