Miyazaki Yuka is Graduating JJ

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Miyazaki Yuka is Graduating JJ

Post by momoirosaya »

She graduating. Here’s the thread.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Re: Miyazaki Yuka is Graduating JJ

Post by WonderBuono »

Thanks Saya xD
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

She’s always been my least favorite. So now I’m losing my favorite and least favorite at the same time. Guess it’s time for Manaka to step up and regain her title as least favorite.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Molly" data-cid="216395" data-time="1545415448">
She’s always been my least favorite. So now I’m losing my favorite and least favorite at the same time. Guess it’s time for Manaka to step up and regain her title as least favorite.</blockquote>

ah, the ol’ hello project equivalent exchange
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

She lasted so much longer than I expected. Well.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

Honestly speaking, not surprised. She lasted a fairly long time, so it's about time for her to move on.
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

Yeah, definitely can't say I'm surprised. Sucks that J=J is loosing two members in such a short timespan though.
Last edited by Zange on Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now, what you hear is not a test
 -  -  -  
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

With her, Haruna and Ayaka graduating, no more 1994 babies left in H!P. At least Airi as a soloist is still affiliated with Up-Front.

The oldest is now Tomoko Kanazawa, although it seems pretty obvious that the second oldest, Mizuki, will be H!P leader now.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Yuka's a sweetheart, I hope she finds success in whatever she pursues from here on. I did like her very convincing announcer voice.  :lol:
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="honey" data-cid="216396" data-time="1545416217"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Molly" data-cid="216395" data-time="1545415448">
She’s always been my least favorite. So now I’m losing my favorite and least favorite at the same time. Guess it’s time for Manaka to step up and regain her title as least favorite.</blockquote>ah, the ol’ hello project equivalent exchange</blockquote>

That’s exactly what happened to me with Morning Musume and the Haruna’s!
Last edited by WonderBuono on Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Honestly she improved quite a lot under J=J, and seemed to be a stable rock to her members. Between constant touring, higher-talent demands, "managing" teen->adult young women... I give my hats off to her.

Not that the leader does THAT that much in a group, but I always got the impression she was good glue for the group. She welcomed new members in with open arms, as well. I'm happy for her and what she's achieved in Juice=Juice... None of us expected her to be the top singer, dancer or actor. But she did become a very solid performer and I'm happy enough with that from her.

Hoping she has a happy post-grad life :)

PS: In the video she released on Hello!Station, she didn't specify what she'd be doing post-grad---just that she hopes to find something that she can shine in as herself, instead of shining as the "Miyazaki Yuka of Juice=Juice." So it sounds like her career path has not yet been decided/solidified. It's vague enough that she could just melt back into the public, or still go on in the world of showbiz in some capacity. My personal bet is that she'll settle down back in Ishikawa.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Honestly she improved quite a lot under J=J, and seemed to be a stable rock to her members. Between constant touring, higher-talent demands, "managing" teen->adult young women... I give my hats off to her.

Not that the leader does THAT that much in a group, but I always got the impression she was good glue for the group. She welcomed new members in with open arms, as well. I'm happy for her and what she's achieved in Juice=Juice... None of us expected her to be the top singer, dancer or actor. But she did become a very solid performer and I'm happy enough with that from her.

Hoping she has a happy post-grad life :)

[/quote]

Agree with all.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

She finally makes it out of my bottom five to above tsubaki and all the newbies but I'm still not that torn up about it.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I subbed her grad announcement video for anyone that wants to have a look :)
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
I subbed her grad announcement video for anyone that wants to have a look :)
[/quote]

Thanks for this.

She describes her difficulty in making decisions and how she would consult the other members when a decision had to be made. I wonder what kinds of issues came up that were addressed this way and curious about how the group responded. What's that process like? I know such things don't exist, but I'd love to see a transcript or video recording of one of those sessions.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="216552" data-time="1546827052">I subbed her <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.facebook.com/HelloProTransl ... _xts__%5B0' class="bbc_url" title="External link">=68.ARDpKZdcD5cozKh5MZW4KwEes4vseP1n1cXodZZ0xhigdqP-ItXgYf55pRbbHRbNtM8TNoujzqKLVOs8ml6V7AxIja9KMvLoAKVrPFOy2JAJNkhQmuJJPlCwdDsCTdqPVmDUJHIwKIdi2Y2y8YdSkORkd_tzZw97q0HfMo_xfDaC8ddC1gHcN_N1FmMug9d7V1hPIO_yIi_G14JzhMPJxkaPTfSUcfINavPXbDgSFMZcF_TeaBQunSO-06J7Vg0tRahmTT13McEQiaypj5gMxelP1rkDCUeiNS342F2_dlqX42LQNUCrZmf5qM1WhmW7XluuvAFiQrv-zx2wGHKAbKdKM71jjyiq0DWMbluF&__tn__=-R]grad announcement video</a> for anyone that wants to have a look :)</blockquote>

Thank you for this. Yuka is my 2nd favorite idol in H!P, I just love her sweet voice and charisma. I'm really going to miss her. I'm the kind of person who clings to a group because of one girl, so I really hope her leaving doesn't kill my interest in Juice=Juice.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

My friend and I just went to see her grad concert’s live viewing in a theater. It was definitely a different experience, but we still had our pen lights and everything.

Tbh even though I consider MM my favorite group, I think nobody else can really touch Juice=Juice. They are so talented and entertaining to watch live. I hope to see them in person one day.

Can’t post pics right now cuz I’m on the train but Yuka’s dress was sort of a hybrid between kimono and European style dress I think. A little strange at first but I got used to it and I think it fit her. She is so cute and sweet.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Someone streamed it on twitch so I watched up until the graduation messages before I had to go to work. Her dress was pretty. Reminded me a bit of a hybrid between Meimi and Niigaki.

Hopefully this link works. I’m on my phone and don’t know how to share imgur links properly.

Aside from the graduation. My big take away was how good Manaka has gotten vocally. She’s getting proper training now since her vocal issues or something because I was pretty impressed with her. I mean, she’s still not the best but she’s gotten worlds better.

The opening of the concert was kind of a little lukewarm but after the newbies came out and Sayumi came to give flowers to Yuka, it really pumped up.
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="217738" data-time="1560781158">Someone streamed it on twitch so I watched up until the graduation messages before I had to go to work. Her dress was pretty. Reminded me a bit of a hybrid between Meimi and Niigaki.

Hopefully this link works. I’m on my phone and don’t know how to share imgur links properly. Image</blockquote>
You've got the thumbnail there, just remove the underscore and everything after it: https://i.imgur.com/gLSIhoX.jpg
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Thanks!
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Damn, I had today off work, so I would have totally watched that stream had I known about it. I'm not digging that Southern Belle Kimono look, tho.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I've seen a bit of it during my break today and well, Juice=Juice concerts are really good most of the time. This one was no exception.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

J=J and Angerme are definitely the H!P groups I would want to see live, given the choice.

That dress (or is it a two piece?) is kind of awkward / hideous, yet I feel like it suits Yuka's image perfectly, haha.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

This is the first time I've watched one of their concerts all the way through. Does Sayuki normally have that much trouble holding the tune?
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

[quote="Farrah"]
J=J and Angerme are definitely the H!P groups I would want to see live, given the choice.

That dress (or is it a two piece?) is kind of awkward / hideous, yet I feel like it suits Yuka's image perfectly, haha.
[/quote]
The lower half is a tearaway to reveal a short kimono. Thank god haha
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I agree Manaka’s vocals have improved tremendously. I actually don’t hate her in J=J anymore because she at least fits vocally!
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="JPope"]
Damn, I had today off work, so I would have totally watched that stream had I known about it. I'm not digging that Southern Belle Kimono look, tho.
[/quote]

More like a Victorian-era Ladies' Gardening Society:

Last edited by Madara on Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zoe" data-cid="217760" data-time="1560834962">
This is the first time I've watched one of their concerts all the way through. Does Sayuki normally have that much trouble holding the tune?</blockquote>
I feel like the grad concerts usually have worse vocals because people are trying to stop themselves from crying.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

DAMN Y'ALL HARSH

I thought her graduation outfit was great.... Very memorable and larger-than-life without being truly gaudy. Thought it suited her very well..... Will comment on the concert itself later on lmao