Morning Musume。'19 LOVE Auditon

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: Morning Musume。'19 LOVE Auditon

Post by DonJuan »

So it's basically a ~Greeting~ photobook.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

^ that’s what I was gonna say haha they’re just not calling it that anymore
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

From their fanclub event in October...

Koi wo Shichaimashita

Seishun Collection

and Rio's solo, Aishite Aishite Ato Ippun.

They've been a part of the group for a year already. Screw corona for robbing them of their first year :headwall:
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

It definitely sucks, but at least they're still attached to the Morning Musume brand. I actually feel worse for Beyooooonds, because their momentum was like nothing we've ever seen in post-Golden Era H!P, and it got stopped dead. Their debut single and album moved MM-level sales, and we're now a year out from any new material, save for an advertising promotional tune. Who knows how much of that juice they can retain with their proper sophomore release, whenever that will be.

My fear is that the idol industry is on a razor's edge, with companies still in wait-and-see mode wrt the return of full concerts and promotional schedules. At some point, if they don't return, companies are gonna start pulling plugs on groups they determine to be money-takers rather than money-makers. BYNDS, with their minuscule track record and half their membership 20+, would seem to be ripe for the chopping block. This is not a prediction, btw, just a nagging fear in the back of my mind. Anju would have been the obvious 1st choice to dissolve if UF were of the mind to cut costs, and they just gave them 3 new members. Still, the idol market is sustained on concerts and other in-person events, and probably can't exist as we currently know it without them.

Oh, and might as well link Mei's and Homare's solos from the same FC event.

Mei's "Watashi no Miryoku ni Kizukanai Donkan na Hito" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWJaHi7W5JI
Homare's "1 Kara 10 Made Aishite Hoshii" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK0Y1ZluVBs

All of them are kind of unstable -- probably from singing more than they're used to -- but rarely completely lose it. Mei has one really bad moment, but other than that, they all soldier through fairly well. Rio does nothing to dissuade anyone from the notion that she's the future center of MM.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Oh, don't get me started on Beyooooonds. I get that they don't want to risk low sales after the amazing ones last year, but no single release for a whole year is pretty much the dumbest thing they could have done. I also fear that their momentum is gone. The school thing was nice, but it only lasted until summer. The Beyooooondsian Nights (or whatever they called it) stage play was a limited access thing again (very Up Front: cater to the fans, not to a potential audience). Yuhane gets some attention but that's it. Sigh.

I can definitely understand your fear of Up Front dissolving some groups, but at the same time I think they found their way through it with the limited concerts, online events and low budget releases. They could have also just dissolved UUG, since all girls but one decided to leave, but here we go, new audition and everything. However, I have no doubts that 2021 will bring several graduations of older members, and if Up Front works like a classic Japanese company, the older members have a higher paycheck than those that just joined, which would save them some bucks again. Especially if it's members that don't really earn them money, like Ikuta. Or Akane.

However, back to topic...

Thanks for linking the other two solos. Yeah, neither Mei nor Homare are amazing singers, but I already like them better than Ikuta, Maria, Akane, Yokoyan, Chisaki... Maybe even Ayumi lol. Especially since they're so damn young.
So far from what I've seen they are a great generation. I won't call them the perfect generation yet since they've been in the group for only a year, but I already love them so much.

Rio is the clever, ambitious type. Someone who can challenge the top singers of the group. While Riho was the stage kid, Rio is the business idol. Honestly, I think her being good, pretty and ambitious is such a good base.
Homare so far seems to be the most shy out of the bunch. I need to see more character from her for this generation to become the best in MM's history, but she already delivers in the dancing and looks (!) department. I do think she is the weakest singer so far, but since her voice is naturally high pitched she probably won't have problems with H!P's classic song catalogue.
Mei is a good package all around but probably has the least conventional looks. The most charismatic, but pretty okay on all fronts.
Once again I gotta say they're all really young, and I have no doubts that they all will stay for some years. Homare and Mei at least until they finish school, and Rio until a better opportunity comes along - which would probably still mean that she's gonna stay until she's 20 at least.

I know I'm a bit annoying with how much I hype this generation, but they give me so much hope for MM's future, after years of questionable decisions.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

You know it’s very likely that Beyooooonds was going to have their next single tie in with the Olympics but since they got canceled they had to shelve the release and didn’t have a readily available backup ready to go like they tend to do with Morning Musume. Hence why this single sucks so bad. This feels like phones from home rejects they found in the back of Tsunku’s closet.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

That could be! It would have been nice for them to release something this year, though...
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I can understand from a financial standpoint why they don’t want to go all in on singles right now. They aren’t selling that well. And even with the gimmicks they are trying now they aren’t pulling in the cash like they are typically use too. And without many places to perform these new singles, like concerts, it just seems like a waste.

They had to get those Juice and Angerme singles out because of graduation reasons. Because of Kiki they were obviously backed up on Tsubaki stuff so they had music ready to go. Beyooooonds is just, in that phase where they don’t have stuff ready for them and UF clearly want to push them but are being very cautious on how they are going about it. Obviously too cautious. But most of the girls are active in one way or another so it’s not like they aren’t out there promoting their group in some way.

Perhaps they are using Morning Musume as a tester to really see how well they can do and maybe by December/January we might have something for Beyooooonds besides their CM song. They are next up for a single release.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.