What does that Atsui song come from?  I've never heard it before
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: [2019.00.00] Hina Fest 2019

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Farrah"]
[/quote]

It's a BEYOOOOONDS original, but no idea when it'll be officially released. Probably whenever their first album comes they'll lump it on there.

Momohime did such a great job... She took a song that--while great--is overdone, made it her own and owned it. I already liked her a performer but this really made her spark even more for me :)
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Princess Peach is on fire in that performance! So much charisma it’s hard to believe she’s a rookie.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="218448" data-time="1566105074">
<div>
[/quote]

It's a BEYOOOOONDS original, but no idea when it'll be officially released. Probably whenever their first album comes they'll lump it on there.

Momohime did such a great job... She took a song that--while great--is overdone, made it her own and owned it. I already liked her a performer but this really made her spark even more for me :)

</div>
</blockquote>

Watching that performance makes me wish that somebody in that organization gets the idea to form a new unit with Momohime as its leader and front performer. Maybe not now, but in the next year or so.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

My copy of the Hina Fes 2019 concerts arrived. I have one big complaint, though. The Juice=Juice Premium concert is only an hour, which means approx. 90 min. was cut. Why do they run shortened versions of the Juice=Juice and Angerme Premium concerts? It makes no sense. I remember being told that they cut out material that was also in the longer concert, but why? Has any consumer of Hello! Project concerts ever complained that material on Disc 1 was repeated on Disc 2? I can't imagine that ever happening. And in the Winter and Summer concerts, there's usually some degree of repetition yet they don't cut those concerts. And the shortened concert is on its own disc, so it's not like they're saving any disc space by cutting it down.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

Hina Fes 2015 is the only one that released them all separately (there were only 3 concerts as opposed to today's 4). Everything since then has been like this. If they released full recordings, it would very likely be one of these two options:

1) Each concert gets its own bluray release. About half the setlists of each are identical, likely discouraging sales. Juice=Juice and ANGERME sales would also likely be less.

2) The concerts are bundled in twos like now, but with full footage of both. Price nearly doubles despite repetitive content, discouraging sales.

Full length releases work for Summer/Winter tours because there are only 2 sets. Doing the same for 4 concerts would be asking way too much of the fanbase monetarily. I think the digest system really is for the best. They included the performances unique to those concerts AND the MCs, so you're essentially getting all the content of Hinafes at a not-4-full-length-concerts price.

Also worth noting that despite not saving disc space, they ARE saving the time-consuming editing work that goes into cutting footage together and doing post-production on their vocals.

Sidenote: Footage cut from the featured concerts is probably SATOYAMA related stuff. I remember when the Juice=Juice + Country Girls 2016 premium streamed live, there was a part where they announced raffle winners for a drawing on stage. Had it gotten a home release, I imagine it would have been cut.
Last edited by TheParuProject on Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I appreciate the detailed explanation. Your points certainly make business sense. However, as a fan--and loyal consumer of Up-Front products to the tune of hundreds of dollars a year--it infuriates me that the whole concert isn't there. On the other hand, I just watched the Juice=Juice Premium in its shortened (61 min.) form and I have to say it plays like a highlight reel of the concert. Every number is solid gold. Quite exhilarating. So there may be something to this practice.