[2019.05.22] PINK CRES. - Tokyo Confusion / Uchuu no Onna wa Amakunai

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

[2019.05.22] PINK CRES. - Tokyo Confusion / Uchuu no Onna wa Amakunai

Post by TheParuProject »

First indie single release by PINK CRES. Will be released one regular edition and one limited edition. Limited will include a DVD featuring the PVs for the songs.

01. Tokyo Confusion (トウキョウ・コンフュージョン)
02. Uchuu no Onna wa Amakunai (宇宙の女は甘くない)
03. Tokyo Confusion (Instrumental)
04. Uchuu no Onna wa Amakunai (Instrumental)

Tokyo Confusion PV

Uchuu no Onna wa Amakunai PV
JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2019.05.22] PINK CRES. - Tokyo Confusion / Uchuu no Onna wa Amakunai

Post by JPope »

<div>Not sure how I missed this, but I'm glad I found it. This single is really good, guys. Tokyo Confusion is EDM, but with a really dark under current that feels straight out of 1983. It's not full-on retro, but it definitely has that vibe, kind of how Orange Caramel songs and videos gave off a feeling of being of a different era despite being totally contemporary. Honestly, you could change the instrumental to something more simple, and it would fit right in with Orange Caramel's catalog. This here arrangement is dense, though. There are a lot of things going on, and much of it is drenched in DUB levels of reverb. I'd say the girls sound great, but their tracks are heavily processed, but in a good way that fits the recording. The chorus is friggin' catchy, and that funky synth-harpsichord riff is pure win. The video is low-rate, but again, in a good way. It fits the music, and the VFX are appropriate and cool, often times accentuating music-editing effects like stutters and such. This might be my favorite UF song of 2019. It's so good.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Uchuu no Onna wa Amakunai is more conventional, but carries a similar vibe as Tokyo Confusion. It's not nearly as successful, though, and the video is annoyingly low-budget, although the effects during Hikaru's rap are pretty sweet. It's a good B-side, but I doubt I'll be skipping past many songs to get to it in a playlist.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>This is really strong debut single -- probably the best thing they've done yet -- and a really great sound for this group. It's a direction that allows them to be serious or silly, or both at the same time (like are in Tokyo Confusion). I really hope the thrid album isn't perma-canceled, because this makes me excited about Pink CRES again.</div>
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I stumbled on the Tokyo Confusion MV a couple of weeks ago and I really love it as well. It's really catchy and fun to listen to and it really surprised me with how good it was. I don't tend to have the highest expectations with the Up-front artists other than Kikka and UUG but this felt really different and cool. I hope the third album comes out eventually as well.
Formerly Mizura
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="217772" data-time="1560899608">This is really strong debut single -- probably the best thing they've done yet -- and a really great sound for this group. It's a direction that allows them to be serious or silly, or both at the same time (like are in Tokyo Confusion). I really hope the thrid album isn't perma-canceled, because this makes me excited about Pink CRES again.</blockquote>

Did you listen to their second album? I enjoy reading your opinions of music, and your review of their first album was great. But for the second album, you only talked about the songs with PVs here on the forum. Would love to know what you thought about the rest of it.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="TheParuProject"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="217772" data-time="1560899608">
This is really strong debut single -- probably the best thing they've done yet -- and a really great sound for this group. It's a direction that allows them to be serious or silly, or both at the same time (like are in Tokyo Confusion). I really hope the thrid album isn't perma-canceled, because this makes me excited about Pink CRES again.
</blockquote>

Did you listen to their second album? I enjoy reading your opinions of music, and your review of their first album was great. But for the second album, you only talked about the songs with PVs here on the forum. Would love to know what you thought about the rest of it.

[/quote]

Ask and you shall receive
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

And just for the hell of it, I expanded my "Tokyo Confusion" review here into a full blog post.