[2019.06.12] Morning Musume '19 - Jinsei Blues/Seishun Night

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Solarblade
ANGERME

[2019.06.12] Morning Musume '19 - Jinsei Blues/Seishun Night

Post by Solarblade »

<div>Today at the Morning Musume. '19 Night concert tour performance in Hokkaido, Morning Musume. '19's new double A-side single "Jinsei Blues / Seishun Night" (人生Blues/青春Night) is announced officially. On sale June 12th.</div>
<div>The single will include a special new type of limited edition trading card with an "AR" (augmented reality) video. The members in the "AR" card talk to themselves.

During an MC, the members mentioned some sample AR video dialogue :

Yokoyan "Kaga is an interesting Tsundere Girl" よこやん「加賀のツンデレ女子が面白い」

Oda "Sato-san's Original folk stories are interesting" 小田「佐藤さんのオリジナル昔話が面白い」</div>
<div> </div>
<div>members confirmed the new single announcement today on their blog
https://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-9ki/entry-12460873402.html
https://ameblo.jp/morningm-13ki/entry-12460868447.html
https://ameblo.jp/morningm-13ki/entry-12460865852.html</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Limited Edition A, B, SP (DVD), Normal Edition A, B
http://www.helloproject.com/release/detail/EPCE-7493/</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEc4HxGJ1G4 (Seishun Night)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI8tLcquZPA (Jinsei Blues)</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>creds to Mr. A and PyoKiyo</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Lyrics to both tracks done by Tsunku while the composition is done by Okubo Kaoru</div>
Last edited by Solarblade on Tue May 14, 2019 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Re: [2019.06.12] Morning Musume '19 - Jinsei Blues/Seishun Night

Post by Solarblade »

If someone can edit the title and switch the two songs around

It's Jinsei Blues / Seishun Night.....no B-side ether
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Okubo Kaoru has done some great work for H!P, so I'm cautiously optimistic. 
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I'm pretty lukewarm with this whole single, but overall I like Jinsei Blues much better than Seishun Night and I'm glad it's getting top billing over Seishun.

But honestly, I just want Morning Musume to get some quality music videos. The rest of the H!P groups have gotten at least one amazing music video this year. Morning Musume deserve the same treatment. Down with the glorified dance shots and close ups! Give me something amazing UF! 
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Tue May 14, 2019 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Seishun Night sounds like something oldschool Musume would've put on an album (1st-3rd album - except for the "ENJOY YEAH YEAH YEAH" parts. Those are annoying.).
Jinsei Blues sounds interesting, honestly. I kind of love and hate it at the same time. It reminds me a lot of German Schlager (as IchVermisseDenSommer at H!O has mentioned already) - something that could easily be played at every over-30 party in every village and bring easily everybody to the dance floor. Especially the chorus. I guess that's why I love-hate it.

When it comes to MVs I'm pretty sure Jinsei Blues will get the Jiyuu na Kuni Dakara treatment (let's hope they won't use parchment paper again). Not sure about Seishun Night, it could be more funky like Furari Ginza or just lazy like A Gonna.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

A lot of MM musical tropes in Seishun Night, and it bores me. Jinsei Blues is a lot more interesting, and the chorus is nice and catchy. It's not at all what I was expecting, which was one of those cringey blues songs H!P trots out every few years or so, so this is a pleasant surprise.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Yeah I like Jinsei Blues better too.  Seishun Night sounds like a good old fashioned H!P throwback but doesn't stick out to me.  I dunno, I could change my mind, but that doesn't seem to happen as much in a post-Tsunku world.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

When I heard the title Jinsei Blues, I automatically thought of Kobushi Factory’s song and instantly didn't want Morning Musume to have a song like that. Because it would have been super cringey.

I know they changed the dance for Seishun Night but it was so forgettable for me I forgot to see what it was like. The dance usually gives you an indicator on how they are going to move forward with the music video.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Neither of these songs has me very excited but I'm in camp Seishun Night.  H!P has a lot of songs like it already but I feel like it's been awhile since Momusu have had one, so I'll take it.  They also have a lot of songs like Jinsei Blues, but that's a sound I associate with an era of the group I really didn't enjoy at all so...

Overall, this is just another paint-by-the-numbers single from them.  They're further cementing this group as the most boring of their roster.
Last edited by Farrah on Wed May 15, 2019 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

Dang Limited A actually looks pretty cool. Everything else is okay, could be better, could be worse.
Now, what you hear is not a test
 -  -  -  
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Lim A is pretty good, Reg A is alright, the B's are meh, and the Special Edition is dumpster juice.
Last edited by JPope on Wed May 15, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I'm laughing so hard at the special edition it's not even funny.  I'm digging the Jinsei Blues outfits though.
Kaori • Risako 

AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Pretty usual H!P covers for now. Never been less excited for a MM'19 release in a while.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

My faith in this single keeps falling lower and lower. (When it comes to Hello!Project, If you set your expectations low, it's easier to get surprised.)
Just please, give them a good MV. Just one. That's all I'm asking for. 

Jinsei's outfits are giving me 1,2,3 Breaking Out vibes. Anyone else getting that? 
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Jinsei's outfits are giving me 1,2,3 Breaking Out vibes. Anyone else getting that? 
[/quote]

Yeah, I think that's why I like them so much hahaha
Kaori • Risako 

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Erina is the only one that looks “sexy” for Jinsei Blues and everyone else looks like they’re going camping.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Morning Musume finally embracing their campy image. But with the wrong kind of campy.  :girlie:
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

Seishun Night PV is out!

I actually really like it, it kinda reminds me of Brainstorming's PV with all the lights and everything.
Now, what you hear is not a test
 -  -  -  
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

I really want to like this one, especially because I genuinely love classic MM funk, but I’m not sold on this :(

The “rap” bits seemed so out of place and kind of lyrically lazy (by contrast I feel like Jealousy Jealousy combined these elements much much better), and the intro bit being used as a bridge between those parts imo just doesn’t flow... the intro is a bop but otherwise it just feels all over the place to me.

Also like... what happened with the fit of these outfits lol. Like I can’t even say this is an issue with H!P costume designers not knowing how to tailor to larger figures, Kobushi has some curvaceous members also and all of their outfits were well-fitted and flattering in their most recent PV.

i’m so confused... like all of the other groups have had such good releases this year... who is sabotaging these girls and why?????? lol
Last edited by honey on Fri May 24, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I really dislike the intro to Jinsei Blues.
(Here's a longer radio preview btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LSw3frdZhI)

With Seishun Night I think it was a missed opportunity. The VR parts are fun, I like that the newest three (Kaede, Yokoyan, Chisaki) got a nice focus before the chorus - but then they go straight back to the usual formula.
Also, the rap is probably the most annoying I've ever heard of Morning Musume. "Say yeah yeah yeah - yeah yeah yeah!". Oh wow. Also, those high bridges are not pleasant to the ears. Even if they seem to hit them live.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I sort of enjoyed the song. It's probably the best morning musume release in years, but at the same time it is missing something. None of the girls really have the most distinctive of voices and a song like this needs it. And as much as I did complain about Riho back in the day, she really did bring something to the group that they haven't been able to replicate since. The instrumental is good though but I do like disco sounding tracks.
Formerly Mizura
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

After all the other groups got well, put together music videos for their A-sides, it was only a matter of time before Morning Musume did.
And so far, Jinsei Blues is shaping up to have the same.

Short Preview from Hello!Station.

I wasn't expecting the theme considering what they are using for the covers of the single, so I'm really surprised. I love when I'm surprised. :D

I'm just going to guess that it plays into the second part of the video. It's rare that I can't wait for a music video to be released so I can see the whole thing.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Wow I actually liked it a lot!

I do hope there still is a dance shot included in it though.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed May 29, 2019 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Alright, one thing first, I like that they're finally doing something different for Morning Musume and I like that it's not a damn dance shot. Acting? Great! It really fits the theme of the song I guess.

That being said.
What the hell lol.
I shouldn't be disappointed because it's actually nice camera work and the girls look good, but I just can't get over the video. This is nothing against the jobs depicted - I myself have worked like that. But it just doesn't fit the cool image of Morning Musume. In fact, considering they always dress the girls in OL clothes some frustrating office scenes (a la Aggretsuko) would've fit much better.

Also, the fact that half of the group simply doesn't exist in the first half of the video is something. lol

I know I shouldn't be complaining but I really don't like it.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I was actually surprised that I liked the preview as well. This is shaping up to be the first Morning Musume single that I've actually liked in 5 years. I like that they're finally giving them something different. Although there's too many members in the group at this time. Maybe the other half will appear later in the MV, but it still feels like too many, especially since 15th gen is rumored to be coming soon.
Formerly Mizura
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

excited for this video!! I’m assuming the latter half is going to be a dance with the outfits from the album covers, so I’m interested to see how they tie this together.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I hope the latter half is the girls that aren't featured in the first half though lol
Kaori • Risako 

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I'd like them to pull an Angerme and this is just part of the music video and you need to get the one on the single for the full experience. H!P has only done that a couple of times. 
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB-xE5H5xQU

The PV for Jinsei Blues is out!