[2020.01.22] Morning Musume. 68th Single - KOKORO&KARADA / LOVEPedia / Ningen Kankei No Way Way

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2020.01.22] Morning Musume. 68th Single - KOKORO&KARADA / LOVEPedia / Ningen Kankei No Way Way

Post by JPope »

[quote="yuzu"]
I'm like way late to the KOKORO&KARADA video party but yikes those hug scenes made me feel gross.  It'd be different with another group but I feel with MM and all the mixed ages it was....off.
[/quote]

Yeah, even MM'19 before the 15th gen joined would've been different, because they were all over 18.
JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2020.01.22] Morning Musume. 68th Single - KOKORO&KARADA / LOVEPedia / Ningen Kankei No Way Way

Post by JPope »

Yoko and Rio leaked the Limited B and Special Edition covers on their blogs, and Twitter user @kishitin leaked them all. This person has broken them up into Limited and Regular editions, but since none of them are on the official site yet, we don't have confirmation this. We can surmise that Regular B is the other Lovepedia cover, though, and if this person has access to the covers, they probably know which is which, so that's how I'm gonna post them. I'll edit this post if necessary.

Limited A 

Limited B 

Limited C 

Regular A 

Regular B 

Regular C 

Special Edition 

WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="219299" data-time="1576186576"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="219292" data-time="1576172073">
I'm like way late to the KOKORO&KARADA video party but yikes those hug scenes made me feel gross. It'd be different with another group but I feel with MM and all the mixed ages it was....off.</blockquote>

Yeah, even MM'19 before the 15th gen joined would've been different, because they were all over 18.</blockquote>

Akane is still 17 but yeah.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

This release solidified that for me that MM is like, the back-burner girl group for H!P now. It's been weird to observe over the past few years all of the life and creativity the group once had be funneled into literally every other group. They also consistently seem to get these songs that bop at the beginning and then right at the bridge/chorus part just totally fall flat lol. I really am curious how somebody like Masaki who appears extremely beat down and creatively suppressed by H!P has found reason to stay this long. MM is long overdue for a mass graduation and total overhaul of their sound/brand.
Last edited by honey on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

That Limited B cover is about as shitty as this single deserves lmao.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="WonderBuono"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="219299" data-time="1576186576">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="219292" data-time="1576172073">
I'm like way late to the KOKORO&KARADA video party but yikes those hug scenes made me feel gross. It'd be different with another group but I feel with MM and all the mixed ages it was....off.
</blockquote>

Yeah, even MM'19 before the 15th gen joined would've been different, because they were all over 18.</blockquote>

Akane is still 17 but yeah.

[/quote]

I agree but I think it's less about age and more about seniority. 9th/10th/11th gen have a higher "power" than anyone 12th gen and newer.

The pairings are:
Ikuta/Rio
Mizuki/Miki
Ayumi/Mei
Masaki/Maria
Akane/Yokoyan
Chisaki/Homare
Sakura/Kaede

Even those close in age look weird in the video, and even Akane/Yokoyan (who are pretty much the same age and only one generation apart) look suuuuper awkward, it makes me incredibly uncomfortable. Also the way Akane pulls Yokoyan's chin towards her. It's such an unneeded intimacy. I'm not against girls being sexy, at least those that are over 18 (and I might make an exception for Akane at 17 too), but it's obvious they tried to appeal to those who are into it for the homoerotic undertones* - both guys who go "women on women is hot" and fangirls who are into yuri.

*I know that this forum usually doesn't need any explanation on this, but to make sure: As a bisexual woman I'm far from against girls hugging or being lovely or even intimate with each other. The fact that this is done for views/sales/targeting a certain group of fans is what makes me uncomfortable. If these girls dated in real life then go girls, you rule. "Playing it" for the mentioned aspects is just awkward.

(Also kudos to management putting the second oldest and the youngest member together :doh:)
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="219300" data-time="1576188051">
Yoko and Rio leaked the Limited B and Special Edition covers on their blogs, and Twitter user @kishitin leaked them all. This person has broken them up into Limited and Regular editions, but since none of them are on the official site yet, we don't have confirmation this. We can surmise that Regular B is the other Lovepedia cover, though, and if this person has access to the covers, they probably know which is which, so that's how I'm gonna post them. I'll edit this post if necessary.

Limited A

Limited B

Limited C

Regular A

Regular B

Regular C

Special Edition

Image</blockquote>

Other than the denim, these are probably some of the better outfits that has come out of H!P in the last couple of years.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

The more I think about it, the less I like this single lmao.  These song are completely forgettable, the aesthetic is whack, the video was cheap and lazy, and featured 48G type pandering to kimowotas.  H!P need to breathe some fresh air into this group or I'm going to completely lose interest for the first time in years.  Every group is putting out better songs than the flagship.  We just got some cute and talented new girls and they're barely even visible in this single.  
Last edited by Farrah on Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I must be desensitized or something because I didn’t find the pairing shots at all uncomfortable. D:

The Lovepedia outfits are cute. I like outfits like that. It’s my appeal.

First time I’m going to say this. Rio looks better with the bangs.

I don’t need another Sakura.

Getting serious Kamei vibes of Limited B with Reina.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>Lim A</div>
<div>Reg B</div>
<div>Lim C</div>
<div>-------</div>
<div>Lim B</div>
<div>SE</div>
<div>Reg C</div>
<div>Reg A</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I like Lim A and Reg B fairly equally, but Lim A just feels more like a proper cover, and it's one of the few times this concept has been pulled off so well. Reg B is cute as shit and, despite a ton of elements, it's so much cleaner and easier to look at than its Limited counterpart. Lim C is okay, but looks rushed. Reg B might be interesting an hour after dropping acid, but it's hard to look at sober. SE is more of the Floating Musume we've come to know and hate. Reg C looks like someone did a screen cap of their half-finished (background layer off!) Photoshop project. Reg A is just fuckin dumb.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I no longer hate K&K, but it's grown as much as it's going to, and I really only like about half of it. I only watched the lives of the other two a couple of times, because I prefer to form opinions on studio recordings, but based on what I heard I'm not going to be blown away. The rest of H!P is blowing me away on the regular,</div>
<div> </div>
<div>MM is a curiosity at this point for me -- an ex whose Facebook you check out a couple times a year then forget about. With three new intriguing members, I'm ready for MM to do what Angerme did this year, and dump three (or more!) members. I love Maa, but I'm ready to lose even her if it means A) the rest of the 9th and 10th go with her, and B) a reworked sound and image built around the 15th gen. My ideal would be to graduate Mizuki, Erina Ayumi and Sakura (because so long as Sakura is around, she will be the crutch for everyone involved in MM to lean on); Maa leads with Miki, and the 15th gets a big push to see what they got. At a bare minimum, though the remaining 9th gen members need to gtfo.</div>
Last edited by JPope on Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="219312" data-time="1576262815">
 Maa leads with Miki</blockquote>That would be my worst nightmare, lol. The constant tension and straining... I’d never be able to stand it.

I wish 15th was featured a little more, but since it’s their first single, I only expected them to get one song that was focused on them and LOVEpedia is enough for me to be satisfied. I’m hoping one or more of them will be promoted to “singing member” status by next single, though. If that hasn’t happened, I will be disappointed.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I found the pairing shots to be badly acted for the most part so I found them cringey.

Those only work with more experienced girls who know how to control their expressions.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

"LOVEpedia" short radio rip

Meh, not really doing anything for me.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

MM's last 4 singles just all blend together for me.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

I liked "Are you happy?", but everything after that has been hot garbage IMO.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I've liked a few MM songs the past few years, but I haven't loved anything since "Utakata Saturday Night". 
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I like Lovepedia and think it's catchy.

However, judging the composition and the arrangement... it's just... not good. It's an album song. With a basic back track and an old formula.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

I think my favorite part for the two other A sides is that they're primarily lead by 12th-15th gen. It's nice that there's a song Mizuki won't dominate in concerts. Lol
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Radio rip to to Ningen Kankei No Way Way.

I feared this would happen. I like the arrangement of NinKei much better than LovePedia.
Last edited by DonJuan on Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Oh no. I do too. Ahhh! What happened?!

Damn you funky monkey! And your farmer in the dell!
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

[quote="DonJuan"]

I feared this would happen. I like the arrangement of NinKei much better than LovePedia.
[/quote]

me too LOL ugh
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="DonJuan"]

[/quote]

I feared this would happen: I like K&K more than either of these. MM's Parade of Meh continues unabated.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

MM watching the video for K&Ktogether. Check out which moments get the loudest cheers.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

https://youtu.be/nhBpY8RHUh4

This week's HaroSute has previews to the two other MVs.

I really dig the idea of LovePedia. Ningen looks like a Tsubaki MV but the music doesn't fit lol.
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

[quote="DonJuan"]
https://youtu.be/nhBpY8RHUh4

This week's HaroSute has previews to the two other MVs.

I really dig the idea of LovePedia. Ningen looks like a Tsubaki MV but the music doesn't fit lol.
[/quote]

...LovePedia might be able to persuade me to forgive Ningen's video and K&K's everything
Last edited by honey on Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Homare is so adorable.

The new girls and Maria and Yokoyan are the only ones I feel like put our pure energy. Everyone else always seems tired (in general).

Masaki and Oda are the sexy-tantou’s though so I don’t mind.

I hate feeling like MM’14 was their last good year.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Lovepedia is adorable and I love that it highlights the new girls.
Ningen Kankei gives me AKB vibes for some reason.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

LovePedia full MV
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/NtI3UL8tje4' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://youtu.be/NtI3UL8tje4</a>

The different types of love in the MV:

Coaching Love - Chisaki

Worlwide Love - Miki

Smiley Love - Reina

Baseball Love - Maria

Strong Love - Kaede

Maniac Love - Akane

Wild Love - Masaki

Magical Love - Ikuta

Harmony Love - Sakura

Dance Love - Ayumi

Big Love - Mizuki

Ningen Kankei No Way Way full MV
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/QoB0W4B7Vj0' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://youtu.be/QoB0W4B7Vj0</a>
Last edited by DonJuan on Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

The release date is wrong in the thread title. It's 2020, not 2019.