Kobushi Factory are disbanding

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: Kobushi Factory are disbanding

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Loved your blog posts, Jpope. Similar to how I felt about Kobushi. I'm nervously curious about what they will actually end up doing with Rei.

I was thinking about Kobushi, and was comparing them in my mind to their "spirit group," Berryz. I felt like Berryz got so much more in their first 5 years than Kobushi has gotten (no doubt thanks to the massive loss of members.) And so I did go and look at info to directly compare the two.

In the span of 5 years, Kobushi vs. Berryz

8 singles (17 songs) vs 19 singles (close to 20 singles)

2 albums (18 non-single original songs) vs 5 albums (34 non-single original songs)

7 concert DVDs vs 10 concert DVDs (these are not including Hello cons)

2 stage plays vs 4 stage plays

Of course there's tons of other comparisons you could make, but I was mostly curious about songs/content.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I feel like Kobushi feels les significant than Berryz mainly because we got so much less of them. Like we never had to complain that there was *too much* KF.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

For anyone who wants to follow the stream: https://www.twitch.tv/aonymph

/EDIT: Kobushi Factory have graduated.
Last edited by DonJuan on Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Here's the setlist for anyone interested

1. Yes! We are family ~Kobushi Ver.~
2. Nen ni wa Nen (Nen'iri Ver.)
3. Kore Kara da!
4. Come with me
5. Suki Kamo Shirenai
MC
6. Acapella Medley (LOVE Machine -> Chotto Guchoku ni! Chototsu Moushin -> Nen ni wa Nen -> GO TO THE TOP!! -> Samba! Kobushi Janeiro -> Sakura Night Fever)
7. Hirakinaocchae!
8. Keseyashinai Kimochi
MC
9. Oh No Ounou
10. Unlucky no Jijou
11. Haru Urara
12. Seishun no Hana
VTR/Costume Change
13. Medley (Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san no Uta -> Bacchikoi Seishun! -> Eejanaika Ninjanaika -> Ora wa Ninkimono -> Picchi Pichi Tomodachi -> Yami ni Nukegake
14. Dosukoi! Kenkyo ni Daitan
15. Osu! Kobushi Tamashii
16. Kenmei Blues
17. TEKI
18. Ashita Tenki ni Naare
19. Kame ni Nare!
20. Start Line

ENCORE
21. Ashita no Watashi wa Kyo Yori Kirei
Graduation Messages
22. Kobushi no Hana
MC
23. Shalala! Yareru Hazu sa
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Oh my goodness was that today?
Just heartbreaking, I feel like they were here and gone so fast...
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I’ll miss them, but I’m glad they’ll be able to move onto things that will make them happier.

And I kind of find myself wishing that UFP would be brave enough to let groups go now. Every group is a generational one now.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

^ Same. I've accepted ANGERME's status (even though they're way past their prime at this point), but Juice=Juice still confuses me to this day. I think Ruru and Nanami were great additions, and their youth helps to extend the run of J=J just a bit because of the inevitability of the older girls leaving. But I wish it had stopped there. They're going to be completely unrecognizable in a few years.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I think the same about Juice. I think they have the vocals now to cover the loss of Karin. But if Sayuki leaves, it will be BIG/MAJOR loss. She’s the backbone of that group. I don’t even think Ruru would be enough to cover her lines.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="220190" data-time="1585578410">
Every group is a generational one now.</blockquote>
Tsubaki and BEYOOOOOONDS aren’t generational.

Technically they both added 3 members but it was before their major debut, so everyone is the same.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
I think the same about Juice. I think they have the vocals now to cover the loss of Karin. But if Sayuki leaves, it will be BIG/MAJOR loss. She’s the backbone of that group. I don’t even think Ruru would be enough to cover her lines.
[/quote]

To be honest Juice was the perfect group to let it end once all the original members are gone. Yanami and Ruru were great additions, and I'm glad Ruru debuted in Juice and not in any other group - none come close in vocal power - but the fact that they got added so late into the game basically "destroyed" classic Juice. Not that I dislike them, I do enjoy them quite a lot, and ever since their additions there hasn't been a single that I didn't like (which happened often enough with 5-nin Juice). But once Tomoko, Sayuki and Akari graduate the leftover members won't be Juice=Juice in my opinion. It's a bit like current ANGERME is not S/mileage. Maybe once one of the last three original members decides to graduate they should do a rebranding like ANGERME did back then. And let's be fair, they've all been in the business long enough to leave any time now.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="220198" data-time="1585682195"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="220190" data-time="1585578410">
Every group is a generational one now.</blockquote>Tsubaki and BEYOOOOOONDS aren’t generational.

Technically they both added 3 members but it was before their major debut, so everyone is the same.</blockquote>

True, but I feel it’s more likely than not that eventually they will be.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I don't care either way. I like good music and likable idols, and if groups change, that's fine. As much as I wanted Ruru to join MM at the time, I can't imagine her in any group other than J=J now.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="220201" data-time="1585688557"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="220198" data-time="1585682195"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="220190" data-time="1585578410">
Every group is a generational one now.</blockquote>Tsubaki and BEYOOOOOONDS aren’t generational.

Technically they both added 3 members but it was before their major debut, so everyone is the same.</blockquote>
True, but I feel it’s more likely than not that eventually they will be.</blockquote>
I actually think they’ll leave those groups alone.

Though only time will tell.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

Do we know yet if any of the girls stayed with Up Front?
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Minami is in Up-Front Promotion but I believe she's the only one (other than Rei obvi).
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I thought they would have announced Rei's next group/project by now. 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She might be taking a break before jumping into her next thing.

Especially since basically nothing is happening right now.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Oh, so they removed Ayaka's and Hamachan's profiles. However, they've joined social media.

Hamachan's Insta: https://www.instagram.com/ayano_hamaura/ Her twitter: https://twitter.com/hamaura0426
Ayapan's twitter: https://twitter.com/ayaka_hirose

Minami has mentioned in one of the last interviews that she also thought about studying abroad. Considering how many H!P OGs have done so I wouldn't be surprised if they had some ties to schools overseas, so it makes sense if Minami stayed for a bit longer.

About Rei, well, let's see what the ANGERME audition brings.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^ Ayapan also joined Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hirose_ayaka_84/

Still waiting for Minami. But I guess she really will leave to study abroad.