Hello!Project Members Ranking - End of 2020 edition

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

DonJuan
ANGERME

Hello!Project Members Ranking - End of 2020 edition

Post by DonJuan »

Hello! Project Members Ranking - December 2020 Edition

Whoppa! What a year. We lost some, we gained some. But what did it do to our rankings?

The ranking tool is here!
Previous rankings: '19, late '18, early '18, '16, late '15, '15, '14, '13, '12

Let me introduce the members of Hello! Project:

Morning Musume. '20

[spoilerbox]

Yokoyama Reina, Haga Akane, Ikuta Erina (SL), Makino Maria, Morito Chisaki, Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede
Okamura Homare, Ishida Ayumi (SL), Fukumura Mizuki (L), Kitagawa Rio, Satou Masaki, Oda Sakura, Yamazaki Mei
[/spoilerbox]

ANGERME

[spoilerbox]

Kasahara Momona, Hashisako Rin, Kamikokuryo Moe, Ise Layla, Sasaki Rikako
Takeuchi Akari (L), Kawana Rin (new), Matsomoto Wakana (new), Tamenaga Shion (new), Kawamura Ayano (SL)

Also: Murota Mizuki (last), Funaki Musubu (last), Oota Haruka (last)
[/spoilerbox]

Juice=Juice

[spoilerbox]

Kanazawa Tomoko (L), Takagi Sayuki (SL), Matsunaga Riai, Inaba Manaka, Kudo Yume
Dambara Ruru, Inoue Rei (new), Uemura Akari

Also: Miyamoto Karin (last)
[/spoilerbox]

Kobushi Factory (last)

[spoilerbox]

Wada Sakurako (last), Nomura Minami (last), Hamaura Ayano (last), Inoue Rei, Hirose Ayaka (L; last)
[/spoilerbox]

Tsubaki Factory

[spoilerbox]

Kishimoto Yumeno, Yamagishi Riko (L), Onoda Saori, Tanimoto Ami, Akiyama Mao
Niinuma Kisora, Asakura Kiki, Ono Mizuho, Ogata Risa (SL; hiatus)
[/spoilerbox]

Beyooooonds

[spoilerbox]

Eguchi Saya, Kobayashi Honoka, Maeda Kokoro, Kiyono Momohime, Takase Kurumi (L RFRO), Satoyoshi Utano
Hirai Miyo, Okamura Minami, Shimakura Rika, Yamazaki Yuhane, Nishida Shiori, Ichioka Reina (L C#T)
[/spoilerbox]

And for those of you who want to go all out...
Hello Pro Kenshuusei

[spoilerbox]

Yonemura Kirara, Yamada Ichigo, Nakayama Natsume, Kubota Nanami, Matsubara Yulia
Saito Madoka, Onoda Karin, Hiromoto Ruli, Hashida Honoka, Nishizaki Miku
Hirayama Yuki, Kitahara Momo, Ebata Kisaki, Yofu Runo, Murakoshi Ayana
Uemura Hasumi, Arisawa Ichika (new), Ishiyama Sakura (new)
[/spoilerbox]

Happy Ranking!
Last edited by DonJuan on Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Project Members Ranking - End of 2020 edition

Post by DonJuan »

And yupp, I will start once again. My previous years: 2019, 2018 (December), 2018 (January), 2016

Overall ranking:

1. Kanazawa Tomoko (-)
2. Haga Akane (-)
3. Yokoyama Reina (-)
4. Takeuchi Akari (8)
5. Dambara Ruru (-)
6. Takagi Sayuki (?)
7. Kishimoto Yumeno (6)
8. Hirai Miyo (?)
9. Kamikokuryo Moe (7)
10. Kasahara Momona (?)
- - -
45. Fukumura Mizuki (57)
46. Tamenaga Shion (new)
47. Morito Chisaki (58)
48. Satoyoshi Utano (?)
49. Onoda Saori (54)
50. Hashisako Rin (?)
51. Tanimoto Ami (55)
52. Yamagishi Riko (62)
53. Niinuma Kisora (61)
54. Oota Haruka (60)

I'm not exactly sure how Kassa went up there to 10th place, but hey, I take it. She's been working it. Overall maybe Funakki should have been up there, but I realized just now that neither Funakki nor Karin are in the sorter. Probably would have gone to Funakki otherwise.
So yeah, pretty much everybody who has graduated is not in the sorter, which also means no Murotan or Kobushi.
When it comes to the last 10 I think it's a bit unfair to Shion, Utano and Rin, I feel like I only got them once or twice in the sorter. I don't hate them. I do dislike the others, though.

Rankings in groups
I did look at my sorter for this, but I have adjusted a few of them to my own liking.

And, as always, I'm gonna use my coloured ranking: Like a lot - like - okay - don't care - go away

Morning Musume. '20

1. Haga Akane (-)
2. Yokoyama Reina (-)
3. Kitagawa Rio (-)
4. Yamazaki Mei (8)
5. Makino Maria (-)
6. Ishida Ayumi (7)
7. Okamura Homare (4)
8. Kaga Kaede (6)
9. Sato Masaki (10)
10. Oda Sakura (11)
11. Ikuta Erina (9)
12. Nonaka Miki (-)
13. Fukumura Mizuki (-)
14. Morito Chisaki (-)

There's a few things that come to mind when looking at this. First of all, Masaki is slowly going up there. Second of all, while I am tired of most 11th gen and older members, I don't mind Ayumi that much - I do think she's way over her prime, but I still like her better than the others.
Mei and Homare pretty much switched, but I really like both. And while Ikuta went down by one, I don't dislike her either.
While I am happy for Miki to finally get some attention I also don't really like her. I don't know. She's shy, that's okay, but you should break out after being shy for 6 years.

ANGERME

1. Takeuchi Akari (3)
2. Kamikokuryo Moe (-)
3. Funaki Musubu (6)
4. Kasahara Momona (7)
5. Matsumoto Wakana (new)
6. Sasaki Rikako (5)
7. Murota Mizuki (10)
8. Kawamura Ayano (9)
9. Ise Layla (8)
10. Kawana Rin (new)
11. Tamenaga Shion (new)
12. Hashisako Rin (11)
13. Oota Haruka

Guess who's ready for Wakana?
While a lot of them have changed positions it's not really much, usually only one or two steps. I did add Funakki, Murotan and Oota manually. And yeah, Oota was not a loss for me at all, sorry. The jury is still out on Hashi-Rin. I don't know what to make of her.

Juice=Juice

1. Kanazawa Tomoko (-)
2. Dambara Ruru (4)
3. Takagi Sayuki (5)
4. Uemura Akari (6)
5. Miyamoto Karin (8)
6. Inaba Manaka (10)
7. Matsunaga Riai (-)
8. Inoue Rei (new)
9. Kudo Yume (-)

I'm not feeling Rei in Juice. It's probably because she has not performed with them that much yet, because in the beginning I didn't feel Yanamin either. (By the way, can you believe last year this ranking still had Yuka and Yanamin? Crazy, I know. Because of this not much has changed actually, just remember that Yuka was my 2nd last year and Yanamin my 3rd lol).
I kind of found some new respect for Karin, and I finally realized that Manaka is still a damn good performer. Riai and Yume are a bit too green for now - especially Yume, who seems too bouncy for Juice, at least to me.

I could add Kobushi here, but, eh. It's been pretty much the same ranking forever. Hirose, Nomura, Inoue, Wada, Hamaura. There.
Sad they're gone, sadder they had to go without audience. Good for Ayapan to start her solo career, hope Sakurako is happy in normal life, kind of think Hamachan made a mistake with leaving Up Front, bummed that Minami is stuck in limbo and... yeah, not feeling Rei in Juice yet, as said.

Tsubaki Factory

1. Kishimoto Yumeno (-)
2. Ogata Risa (-)
3. Akiyama Mao (4)
4. Ono Mizuho (3)
5. Asakura Kiki (-)
6. Onoda Saori (-)
7. Tanimoto Ami (-)
8. Yamagishi Riko (9)
9. Niinuma Kisora (8)

"Why the hell is Risa still up there?"
Don't get me wrong: What she did was dumb. But it was also one of the most interesting things to ever come out of this group! Other than that this all broke down towards the end of the year, and for the rest she was still doing fine.
I honestly don't care for half of the group. They could pull a Kobushi and continue the group as 5 and they would be better. I mean okay, Risa won't come back so they'd still have to keep Saori I guess. Fine, then.

Beyooooonds

1. Hirai Miyo (2)
2. Takase Kurumi (1)
3. Kobayashi Honoka (6)
4. Okamura Minami (5)
5. Kiyono Momohime (11)
6. Shimakura Rika (9)
7. Nishida Shiori (3)
8. Yamazaki Yuhane (7)
9. Maeda Kokoro (4)
10. Ichioka Reina (-)
11. Eguchi Saya (8)
12. Satoyoshi Utano (-)

Ranking Beyooooonds is a mess lol. Kurumi was a fave of mine from the start, and I really enjoyed Miyo's singing this year (and dancing of course). Honoka and Mii shined during the Beyooooonds' School during the lockdown imo. I still like the others, I honestly don't dislike anyone here. Beyooooonds is one of the best balanced groups in H!P ever.
Last edited by DonJuan on Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

<div>My 2020 Ranking (My yearly chart.)</div>
<div>

I purposely let Oota slip to last place because she's pretty much not active and only active girls should be ranked. 

I got a few surprises this year as far as Beyooooonds members rising very drastically compared to last year. Overall I think a lot of the bias in my ranks comes from the solo lives. I think it's the first time in a very long time where we really get to see each girl stand on their own and I used that more in the basis in where I decided to rank them in the overall H!P rank. 

</div>
  1. Oda Sakura
  2. Danbara Ruru
  3. Takagi Sayuki
  4. Kitagawa Rio
  5. Hirai Miyo
  6. Kaga Kaede
  7. Kobayashi Honoka
  8. Inaba Manaka
  9. Yamazaki Yuhane
  10. Kishimoto Yumeno
  11. Kiyono Momohime
  12. Haga Akane
  13. Matsumoto Wakana
  14. Fukumura Mizuki
  15. Shimakura Rika
  16. Okamura Minami
  17. Ise Layla
  18. Nishida Shiori
  19. Sato Masaki
  20. Matsunaga Riai 
  21. Yokoyama Reina
  22. Takeuchi Akari
  23. Nonaka Miki
  24. Ishida Ayumi
  25. Kanazawa Tomoko
  26. Uemura Akari
  27. Sasaki Rikako
  28. Inoue Rei
  29. Eguchi Saya
  30. Kawamura Ayano
  31. Yamazaki Mei
  32. Takase Kurumi
  33. Kamikokuryo Moe
  34. Ono Mizuho
  35. Onoda Saori
  36. Maeda Kokoro
  37. Tamenaga Shion
  38. Tanimoto Ami
  39. Kudo Yume
  40. Ogata Risa
  41. Asakura Kiki
  42. Makino Maria
  43. Okamura Homare
  44. Kasahara Momona
  45. Niinuma Kisora
  46. Yamagishi Riko
  47. Akiyama Mao
  48. Ikuta Erina
  49. Morito Chisaki
  50. Ichioka Reina
  51. Satoyoshi Utano
  52. Kawana Rin
  53. Hashisako Rin
  54. Oota Haruka
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Overall Group Ranking for 2020</div>
<div>My group ranks have two criteria. How they perform as a group and second, did they excel in the current year?

Juice=Juice has continued to dominate for me. They got rid of their dead weight. The loss of Karin stings, but the fact that I still had some solid love in other members made the sting not so bad. (Unlike ANGERME, which is still suffering in my rankings.) While Beyooooonds didn't get much to do this year, they proved themselves by keeping themselves relevant through covid but using their YouTube channel to their advantage and letting me get to know each girl and learning their strong points. It's something I wish other groups would do because then maybe I'd like certain girls better. Tsubaki fell drastically. They were such a great group that suffered greatly this year because of Ogata-gate AND their giant hole left over from 2019 thanks to Kiki. So much so I ranked ANGERME above them and I'm still not particularly fond of ANGERME as a group right now, but the fact they are trying their best to work on their post-mass-grad self is what edged them out over Tsubaki. </div>
<div> </div>
  1. Juice=Juice
  2. BEYOOOOONDS
  3. Morning Musume'20
  4. ANGERME
  5. Tsubaki Factory
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Morning Musume'20</div>
<div>Oda will always dominate, but now that I have Rio I can safely say that if Sakura would leave, I have a replacement oshi waiting in the wings with Kaga as my #2. I couldn't say that post Kago and it took me years to really find someone I liked enough to give a solid #1 space too. But Rio has really grown on me. From Haga to Homare is the, I like you, but I don't really have a the perfect place to rank you. Ikuta and Morito will forever hold my bottom two spots. And honestly, I wouldn't be sad to see either one of them leave.</div>
<div> </div>
  1. Oda Sakura
  2. Kitagawa Rio
  3. Kaga Kaede
  4. Haga Akane
  5. Fukumura Mizuki
  6. Sato Masaki
  7. Yokoyama Reina
  8. Nonaka Miki
  9. Ishida Ayumi
  10. Yamazaki Mei
  11. Makino Maria
  12. Okamura Homare
  13. Ikuta Erina
  14. Morito Chisaki
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>ANGERME</div>
<div>I NEVER put new members who haven't proven themselves, THIS HIGH in a ranking but I am throwing every LAST BIT of ANGERME love I have into Wakana. And it's not much.

I hope 2021 and puberty treat her well. Now, with that said, I think Layla has really grown on me. She's become so reliable and getting so much better as an Idol. 

I really have nothing else to add other than, I find it funny that I placed the two Rin's together. It's too early to tell where Kawana will really rank, but I can tell she's got more presence than H.Rin and that's not very hard to do. I know she tries, but damn, H.Rin has been in the group for over a year. I expected more progress. I really hope next year with the newbies under her, will light a fire under H.Rin's ass because she needs to glow up or move on. 

</div>
  1. Matsumoto Wakana
  2. Ise Layla
  3. Takeuchi Akari
  4. Sasaki Rikako
  5. Kawamura Ayano
  6. Kamikokuryo Moe
  7. Tamenaga Shion
  8. Kasahara Momona
  9. Kawana Rin
  10. Hashisako Rin
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Juice=Juice</div>
<div>My flawless queens, there is not wrong with any of them, except maybe Kudo, but it's hard to be perfect next to someone like Ruru, Sayuki or even Karin. With Karin gone by fight over who I loved more, Sayuki or Karin has left me less stressed. Also, I'm even not hating Inoue, and Inoue was always middle of the road/least favorite in Kobushi. She fits so well into the group that I keep forgetting she was in Kobushi this year! I look forward to seeing more of her. Her little beatbox interlude during Karin's grad concert is really what made me rank her above Kudo. </div>
<div> </div>
  1. Danbara Ruru
  2. Takagi Sayuki
  3. Inaba Manaka
  4. Matsunaga Riai 
  5. Kanazawa Tomoko
  6. Uemura Akari
  7. Inoue Rei
  8. Kudo Yume
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Tsubaki Factory</div>
<div>Yumeno is honestly one of the only members I really care about and that's sad considering the size of the group. I really liked Tsubaki in years past, but the past two years it's just, meh? They never really did anything to stand out for me other than being a foil to Kobushi. And with Kobushi one I guess I finally just see them as they are and they really come off as a group just going through the motions right now. </div>
<div> </div>
  1. Kishimoto Yumeno
  2. Ono Mizuho
  3. Onoda Saori
  4. Tanimoto Ami
  5. Ogata Risa
  6. Asakura Kiki
  7. Niinuma Kisora
  8. Yamagishi Riko
  9. Akiyama Mao
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>BEYOOOOONDS</div>
<div>This group got shafted this year royally. But they made the best of it, and did the best they could given the circumstances. I hope UF goes on a full out attack in 2021 with them. SO many talented girls in this group that I dread seeing anyone in my top 10 graduating and I'd be extremely upset if anyone in my top 5 left. I love Miyo, Honoka, Yuhane really shined this year. Momohime is amazing. Etc for other girls. I think the only ones I really would put into my, if they graduated tomorrow, I wouldn't care pile would be Reina and Utano. 

</div>
  1. Hirai Miyo
  2. Kobayashi Honoka
  3. Yamazaki Yuhane
  4. Kiyono Momohime
  5. Shimakura Rika
  6. Okamura Minami
  7. Nishida Shiori
  8. Eguchi Saya
  9. Takase Kurumi
  10. Maeda Kokoro
  11. Ichioka Reina
  12. Satoyoshi Utano
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>I think this is the first time I've ever done this, so I'm gonna follow DonJuan's format (minus the color-coded names. Ain't nobody got time for that!) I used the sorter, then broke ties, then rearranged others after that.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Top and Bottom 10:</div>
<div> </div>
<div>1 Sayuki Takagi</div>
<div>2 Akari Takeuchi</div>
<div>3 Ruru Danbara</div>
<div>4 Kiyono Momomohime</div>
<div>5 Masaki Sato</div>
<div>6 Yumeno Kishimoto</div>
<div>7 Miyo Hirai</div>
<div>8 Tomoko Kanazawa</div>
<div>9 Akari Uemura</div>
<div>10 Kawamura Ayano</div>
<div>----------------</div>
<div>45 Ikuta Erina</div>
<div>46 Saori Onoda</div>
<div>47 Satoyoshi Utano</div>
<div>48 Hashisako Rin</div>
<div>49 Mizuho Ono</div>
<div>50 Rin Kawana</div>
<div>51 Shion Tamenaga</div>
<div>52 Chisaki Morito</div>
<div>53 Risa Ogata</div>
<div>54 Haruka Oota</div>
<div> </div>
<div>No surprise that my top 10 are all strong singers, with the surprise exception of Ayano, who surged to number 10 based on Anju's recent performances. I didn't include Funaki or Karin, both of whom would've been top-10 had I done so.</div>
<div>The bottom is a collection of those I either don't like, have grown tired of, or simply never really noticed, lol. I was much tougher on Risa than DJ.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Group Rankings</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Morning Musume '20</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Masaki Sato</div>
<div>Sakura Oda</div>
<div>Rio Kitagawa</div>
<div>Kaede Kaga</div>
<div>Mei Yamazaki</div>
<div>Akane Haga</div>
<div>Reina Yokoyama</div>
<div>Homare Okamura</div>
<div>Miki Nonaka</div>
<div>Mizuki Fukumura</div>
<div>Ayumi Ishida</div>
<div>Maria Makino</div>
<div>Ikuta Erina</div>
<div>Chisaki Morito</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Maa is still the most interesting member of MM for me, and Oda's voice is undeniable. I'd really like the rest of the 9/10kis to hit the road, though, because they're boring me now. A top-trio of Maa-Kaga-Rio is a nice past-present-future to anchor the group, with Miki-Mei as seconds, and sprinkle in the rest to taste. I still have no idea what purpose Chisaki serves, though.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Angerme</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Akari Takeuchi</div>
<div>Kawamura Ayano</div>
<div>Rikako Sasaki</div>
<div>Kamikokuryo Moe</div>
<div>Layla Ise</div>
<div>Momona Kasahara</div>
<div>Wakana Matsumoto</div>
<div>Hashisako Rin</div>
<div>Rin Kawana</div>
<div>Shion Tamenaga</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Takeuchi is the rare long-term idol who I hope sticks around for years longer. She's really good at everything -- to the point where I wonder if H!P fans underrate her -- and her group really needs her, IMO. I'm probably holding on to old biases with Rikako, but I've seen others plateau or slip a little only to bust out later, and I'm hoping that's what happens for her. I'm very high on Layla and Momona for the immediate future, and Wakana's ceiling seems limitless right now.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Juice = Juice</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Sayuki Takagi</div>
<div>Ruru Danbara</div>
<div>Tomoko Kanazawa</div>
<div>Akari Uemura</div>
<div>Inaba Manaka</div>
<div>Rei Inoue</div>
<div>Riai Matsunaga</div>
<div>Yume Kudo</div>
<div> </div>
<div>My favorite H!P group, as evidenced by half of the members placing in my overall Top-10, and had Karin not left, the group would have made up literally half of the Top-10. Kudo is their only weak-link, and she's not even that bad. Riai looks like she's gonna be a good one, based on how comfortable she looks already at 15. Ruru would be my favorite singer in any group other than J=J.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Tsubaki Factory</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Yumeno Kishimoto</div>
<div>Kiki Asakura</div>
<div>Mao Akiyama</div>
<div>Kisora ​​Niinuma</div>
<div>Riko Yamagishi</div>
<div>Ami Tanimoto</div>
<div>Saori Onoda</div>
<div>Mizuho Ono</div>
<div>Risa Ogata</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Take this one with a grain of salt, because make no mistake, this ranking is my Top-3 and then pull names from a hat. Risa would've placed 4th had she not hung her group-mates out to dry like she did. Kishimon has become a reliably good singer in a group of poor singers, and I wonder how good she might have become had she joined, say, Anju or J=J instead?</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>BEYOOOOONDS</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Kiyono Momomohime</div>
<div>Miyo Hirai</div>
<div>Maeda Kokoro</div>
<div>Honoka Kobayashi</div>
<div>Rika Shimakura</div>
<div>Saya Eguchi</div>
<div>Minami Okamura</div>
<div>Shiori Nishida</div>
<div>Yuhane Yamazaki</div>
<div>Reina Ichioka</div>
<div>Kurumi Takase</div>
<div>Satoyoshi Utano</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Another group where I don't know enough about some members to rank them knowledgably, although not so much as Tsubaki. You don't really need to know everyone to see that this is a really strong group overall, though. Momohime is a really exciting singer who, if she can learn to control her voice, could become great -- and I don't mean "for an idol," either.</div>
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Looks like I've been doing this for a very long time

Archives: 2019 / 2018 / 2017 / 2015 / 2014 / 2011

1. Yokoyama Reina (2019: #1 / 2018: #1 / 2017: #5)

2. Kamikokuryou Moe (2019: 2 / 2018: #2 / 2017: #1)

3. Dambara Ruru (2019: #3 / 2018: #7 / 2017: #12):

4. Takagi Sayuki (2019: #17 / 2018: #17 / 2017: #13 / 2015: #2)

5. Sasaki Rikako (2019: #4 / 2018: #2 / 2017: #2 / 2015: #7)

6. Takeuchi Akari (2019: #5 / 2018: #2 / 2017: #10 / 2015: #21 / 2014: #24)

7. Kishimoto Yumeno (2019: #9 / 2018: #5 / 2017: #3)

8. Ise Layla (2019: #8):

9. Haga Akane (2019: #5 / 2018: #5 / 2017: #6 / 2015: #41)

10. Kobayashi Honoka (2019: #40) Surprise appearance by Kobayashi. I guess with Funaki's graduation, the spot was up for grabs.

Full list:
[spoilerbox]1位 横山玲奈 モーニング娘。 '20

2位 上國料萌衣 アンジュルム

3位 段原瑠々 Juice=Juice

4位 高木紗友希 Juice=Juice

5位 佐々木莉佳子 アンジュルム

6位 竹内朱莉 アンジュルム

7位 岸本ゆめの つばきファクトリー

8位 伊勢鈴蘭 アンジュルム

9位 羽賀朱音 モーニング娘。 '20

10位 小林萌花 BEYOOOOONDS

11位 小田さくら モーニング娘。 '20

12位 平井美葉 BEYOOOOONDS

13位 生田衣梨奈 モーニング娘。 '20

13位 植村あかり Juice=Juice

15位 北川莉央 モーニング娘。 '20

16位 加賀楓 モーニング娘。 '20

17位 川村文乃 アンジュルム

17位 石田亜佑美 モーニング娘。 '20

19位 小野瑞歩 つばきファクトリー

20位 笠原桃奈 アンジュルム

21位 山﨑夢羽 雨ノ森 川海

22位 佐藤優樹 モーニング娘。 '20

23位 井上玲音 Juice=Juice

24位 前田こころ 雨ノ森 川海

25位 西田汐里 CHICA#TETSU

26位 小片リサ つばきファクトリー

27位 秋山眞緒 つばきファクトリー

28位 松永里愛 Juice=Juice

29位 一岡伶奈 CHICA#TETSU

29位 金澤朋子 Juice=Juice

31位 岡村ほまれ モーニング娘。 '20

32位 島倉りか CHICA#TETSU

33位 清野桃々姫 雨ノ森 川海

34位 江口紗耶 CHICA#TETSU

35位 譜久村聖 モーニング娘。 '20

35位 浅倉樹々 つばきファクトリー

37位 野中美希 モーニング娘。 '20

38位 森戸知沙希 モーニング娘。 '20

38位 稲場愛香 Juice=Juice

40位 山﨑愛生 モーニング娘。 '20

41位 高瀬くるみ 雨ノ森 川海

42位 里吉うたの BEYOOOOONDS

43位 工藤由愛 Juice=Juice

44位 川名凜 アンジュルム

44位 松本わかな アンジュルム

46位 小野田紗栞 つばきファクトリー

46位 岡村美波 雨ノ森 川海

48位 牧野真莉愛 モーニング娘。 '20

48位 新沼希空 つばきファクトリー

50位 為永幸音 アンジュルム

51位 谷本安美 つばきファクトリー

52位 橋迫鈴 アンジュルム

53位 山岸理子 つばきファクトリー

53位 太田遥香 Hello! Project[/spoilerbox]
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Ah! I forgot about 2011. I guess I need to update my chart.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Ah! I forgot about 2011. I guess I need to update my chart.
[/quote]

At the same time, there's only 2 people from this time that are still in H!P lol
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Turns out I did this last year after all, but just within their groups.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I've seen this trend of guessing the most popular members of each group for Japanese and international fandom on twitter and thought I'd give it a try - here, since I'm not active on twitter.

MM (jp): Masaki, Mizuki, Maria, Chisaki.

I don't really understand Chisaki but she constantly sells well. I've also seen a lot of people mentioning Ayumi, Kaede and Sakura and I think they're the next popular. Rio is catching up of course, but I feel that with the general higher loyality and looking down on oshihen-ing Japanese fandom needs a bit longer to actually put her into the top 3-4 - but hey, maybe she'll top Chisaki.

MM (intl): Masaki, Sakura, Rio, Miki.

International fandom usually catches up on newbies quicker than the Japanese one. Sakura is generally accepted as the best performer in the group, while J fandom seems to value looks more. And lastly, Miki, next in line for singing and she speaks English.

Anju (jp): Kamiko, Rikako, Takechan

Kamiko and Rikako are obviously general public faces and Takechan has been popular since her audition. I do think that a lot of recent grads have dealt a big blow to Anju, since Murotan and Funakki were popular as well.

Anju (intl): Basically... the same. Maybe Takechan before the other two. I also think Layla has been catching up.

Juice (jp): Tomoko, Akari, Manaka

But let's be honest, Karin would have topped all by miles. Until last year I would've put Akari in front of Tomoko but I guess her role as leader and her solo work has gotten Tomoko more attention.

I might be wrong with Manaka, but I think that once again Japanese fandom puts general idol-ness over singing, as why I did not include Sayuki or Ruru in the top ranking. I don't think they're unpopular, but Sayuki especially has always been low in Japanese rankings (despite beinh respected for her talent).

Juice (intl): Ruru, Sayuki, Tomoko

I mean how can you not love Ruru. Once again I think international fandom cares more about talent than (classic) idol looks and rank Sayuki highly. I don't know if 3rd would be Tomoko, or Akari, or maybe even Rei. Judging this from the Europe concerts.

Tsubaki (jp): Kiki, Mizuho, Saori

Kiki is the obvious one - traditionally cute, super white skin, decent performance level. Mizuho was probably the biggest surprise out of the newer members, as she was a bit rounder and darker than the other two, but she has been pushed recently. Saori has to be careful with her boy stories, but otherwise she's a good second Kiki. I do think that Riko and Mao are decently popular as well - Riko probably more so than internationally.

Tsubaki (intl): Yumeno, Mizuho, Kiki

Yumeno is a classic international fave that kind of doesn't do as well in her homeland. She's got darker skin and is louder than the other girls which often clashes with what Japanese wota want. Mizuho and Kiki are well respected. K also think that while Saori is more popular in Japan the international fandom likes Ami and Kisora more.

Beyooooonds (jp): Rika, Yuhane, Shiori

I feel this one is pretty obvious. They have the photobooks and are very idol-like. While I do think that they tried to make Yuhane the ace from the beginning they didn't expect the other two to do that well. Other than that I'm sure Kokoro is also popular, as well as Honoka and Saya - but not on the same level.

Beyooooonds (intl): Miyo, Momohime, Honoka

Weirdly enough this might be the group with the biggest differences in faves. Not saying that the Japanese top 3 aren't popular (though I do think that international fans do not care as much about Yuhane) but in general I feel that they care more about interesting characters than about idol looks.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="221540" data-time="1609102529">
I've seen this trend of guessing the most popular members of each group for Japanese and international fandom on twitter and thought I'd give it a try - here, since I'm not active on twitter.</blockquote>

I know it's not common to post it on here but there's no rules about it either so here's the Japanese survey's result. Note that the Japanese survey also allowed votes for former members as well as Up Front members.

1. Satou Masaki

2. Kaga Kaede

3. Miyamoto Karin

4. Oda Sakura

5. Takeuchi Akari

6. Kanazawa Tomoko

7. Fukumura Mizuki

8. Funaki Musubu

9. Morito Chisaki

10. Ishida Ayumi

11. Kamikokuryo Moe

12. Ikuta Erina

13. Yamazaki Mei

14. Takagi Sayuki

15. Inaba Manaka

16. Dambara Ruru

16. Ogata Risa

18. Inoue Rei

19. Kitagawa Rio

20. Kawamura Ayano[spoilerbox]

21. Makino Maria

22. Suzuki Airi

23. Ise Layla

24. Michishige Sayumi

25. Nonaka Miki

26. Sasaki Rikako

27. Hamaura Ayano

28. Kasahara Momona

29. Yamazaki Yuhane

29. Hirai Miyo

29. Sayashi Riho

32. Haga Akane

32. Nomura Minami

34. Yokoyama Reina

35. Asakura Kiki

36. Matsunaga Riai

36. Shimakura Rika

38. Okamura Homare

39. Murota Mizuki

40. Nishida Shiori

42. Uemura Akari

42. Kudo Yume

42. Ichioka Reina

42. Kobayashi Honoka

46. Wada Sakurako

46. Satoyoshi Utano

46. Suzuki Kanon

46. Yajima Maimi

50. Hashisako Rin

50. Eguchi Saya

50. Maeda Kokoro

53. Yamagishi Riko

54. Niinuma Kisora

55. Yamaki Risa

56. Miyazaki Yuka

57. Okamura Minami

57. Kudo Haruka

57. Tsugunaga Momoko

57. Wada Ayaka

57. Yanagawa Nanami

62. Ozeki Mai

62. Hirose Ayaka

62. Kishimoto Yumeno

62. Akiyama Mao

62. Takase Kurumi

62. Kiyono Momohime

62. Kumai Yurina

69. Fukuda Kanon

69. Tanimoto Ami

69. Onoda Saori

69. Konno Asami

69. Iikubo Haruna

74. Yonemura Kirara

74. Ishiguri Kanami

74. Natsuyaki Miyabi

74. Niigaki Risa

74. Mano Erina

79. Kamei Eri

79. Tanaka Reina

79. Ogata Haruna

79. Nakajima Saki

83. Tamenaga Shion

83. Wakana Rin

83. Matsumoto Wakana

83. Nakanishi Kana

83. Onoda Karin

83. Kajishima Aya (UUG2)

83. Aikawa Maho

83. Okada Robin Shouko

83. Satou Maria (Nice Girl Project KSS?)

95. Nakayama Natsume

95. Hashida Honoka

95. Ebata Kisaki

95. Kikkawa Yuu

95. Furukawa Konatsu (UUG)

95. Mori Saki (UUG)

95. Sekine Azusa (UUG)

95. Arai Natsumi (UUG)

95. Nihei Yuuka (PINK CRES)

95. Abe Natsumi

95. Yasuda Kei

95. Mitsui Aika

95. Matsuura Aya

95. Tokunaga Chinami

95. Okai Chisato

95. Hagiwara Mai

95. Fukuda Kanon

95. Fujii Rio

113. Nishizaki Miku (KSS)

113. Yofu Runo (KSS)

113. Yoshikawa Mayu (UUG2)

113. Niikura Ami (UUG2)

113. Tasaki Asahi (Bitter&Sweet)

113. Hasegawa Moemi (Bitter&Sweet)

113. Miyazaki Rio (Lovelys)

113. Matsui Mari (College Cosmos)

113. Nakazawa Yuko

113. Yaguchi Mari

113. Goto Maki

113. Ishikawa Rkka

113. Yoshizawa Hitomi

113. Takahashi Ai

113. Ogawa Makoto

113. Saito Hitomi (Melon Kinenbi)

113. Shimizu Saki

113. Ishimura Maiha

113. Katsuta Rina

113. Shimamura Uta

113. Okamoto Honoka (ex-KSS)

113. Ono Kotomi (ex-KSS)

113. Hashimoto Aina (Ciao Bella Cinquetti)

113. Murozuka Kanami (Ciao Bella Cinquetti)

113. Sengoku Minami (UUG)

113. Wakita Mana (College Cosmos)

113. Noto Arisa

113. Misawa Sachika (Happy Style)

113. Arisawa Ichika (KSS)

113. Nishimura Karin (KSS)[/spoilerbox]

(And without any former, KSS and UF members:)

[spoilerbox]

1. Satou Masaki

2. Kaga Kaede

3. Miyamoto Karin

4. Oda Sakura

5. Takeuchi Akari

6. Kanazawa Tomoko

7. Fukumura Mizuki

8. Funaki Musubu

9. Morito Chisaki

10. Ishida Ayumi

11. Kamikokuryo Moe

12. Ikuta Erina

13. Yamazaki Mei

14. Takagi Sayuki

15. Inaba Manaka

16. Dambara Ruru

16. Ogata Risa

18. Inoue Rei

19. Kitagawa Rio

20. Kawamura Ayano

21. Makino Maria

23. Ise Layla

25. Nonaka Miki

26. Sasaki Rikako

27. Hamaura Ayano

28. Kasahara Momona

29. Yamazaki Yuhane

29. Hirai Miyo

32. Haga Akane

32. Nomura Minami

34. Yokoyama Reina

35. Asakura Kiki

36. Matsunaga Riai

36. Shimakura Rika

38. Okamura Homare

39. Murota Mizuki

40. Nishida Shiori

42. Uemura Akari

42. Kudo Yume

42. Ichioka Reina

42. Kobayashi Honoka

46. Wada Sakurako

46. Satoyoshi Utano

50. Hashisako Rin

50. Eguchi Saya

50. Maeda Kokoro

53. Yamagishi Riko

54. Niinuma Kisora

57. Okamura Minami

62. Hirose Ayaka

62. Kishimoto Yumeno

62. Akiyama Mao

62. Takase Kurumi

62. Kiyono Momohime

69. Tanimoto Ami

69. Onoda Saori

83. Tamenaga Shion

83. Wakana Rin

83. Matsumoto Wakana

[/spoilerbox]

(I did keep keep the members that just graduated this year, though.)

Interesting. I do think they only voted top 3 instead of top 10, and that might be why Maria is so low for example.

Here's the link btw: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.esrp2.jp/hpma/2020/comment/r ... ember.html' class="bbc_url" title="External link">http://www.esrp2.jp/hpma/2020/comment/r ... er.html</a>
Last edited by DonJuan on Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.