[2021.04.28] Juice=Juice - Ganbarenai yo / DOWN TOWN

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

DonJuan
ANGERME

[2021.04.28] Juice=Juice - Ganbarenai yo / DOWN TOWN

Post by DonJuan »

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://twitter.com/JuiceJuice_uf/statu ... 1110913024' class="bbc_url" title="External link">Announced via video on twitter.</a>

Tracklist :

[spoilerbox]Limited Edition A, B, SP 1, SP 2, Normal Edition A, B

1. Ganbare nai yo

2. DOWN TOWN

3. Ganbare nai yo (Instrumental)

4. DOWN TOWN (Instrumental)

Limited Edition A DVD

1. Ganbare nai yo (Music Video)

2. Ganbare nai yo (Music Video making)

Limited Edition B DVD

1. DOWN TOWN (Music Video)

2. DOWN TOWN (Music Video making)

Limited Edition SP #1 DVD

1. Ganbare nai yo (Kanazawa Tomoko Solo Ver.)

2. Ganbare nai yo (Takagi Sayuki Solo Ver.)

3. Ganbare nai yo (Uemura Akari Solo Ver.)

4. Ganbare nai yo (Inaba Manaka Solo Ver.)

5. Ganbare nai yo (Inoue Rei Solo Ver.)

6. Ganbare nai yo (Dambara Ruru Tomoko Solo Ver.)

7. Ganbare nai yo (Kudo Yume Solo Ver.)

8. Ganbare nai yo (Matsunaga Riai Solo Ver.)

*In the announcement, it says each member is solo singing in these close-up videos.

Limited Edition SP #2 DVD

1. DOWN TOWN (Dance Shot Ver.)

2. "Hitori de Ikiraresou" tte Sore tte Nee, Homete Iru no? / Inoue Rei x Taisei ("Inoue Rei Sings Juice=Juice..." series)

3. Watashi ga Iu Mae ni Dakishimenakya ne / Inoue Rei ("Inoue Rei Sings Juice=Juice..." series)

4. Potsuri to / Inoue Rei x Kanazawa Tomoko ("Inoue Rei Sings Juice=Juice..." series)

5. Sunao ni Amaete / Inoue Rei x Uemura Akari ("Inoue Rei Sings Juice=Juice..." series)

6. CHOICE & CHANCE / Inoue Rei x Takagi Sayuki ("Inoue Rei Sings Juice=Juice..." series)

7. Romance no Tochuu / Inoue Rei x Miyamoto Karin ("Inoue Rei Sings Juice=Juice..." series)

8. Bitansan / Inoue Rei x Inaba Manaka ("Inoue Rei Sings Juice=Juice..." series)

9. Suki tte Itte yo / Inoue Rei x Dambara Ruru ("Inoue Rei Sings Juice=Juice..." series)

10. Naite Ii yo / Inoue Rei x Kudo Yume x Matsunaga Riai ("Inoue Rei Sings Juice=Juice..." series) -Inoue Rei says this one with Yume and Riai is new and has not been seen yet.

*These are from the youtube videos[/spoilerbox]

Normal Edition A (Ganbare nai yo trading card)

Normal Edition B (DOWN TOWN trading card)

Ganbare nai yo Lyrics by Yamazaki Aoi, Composition and Arrangement by KOUGA

DOWN TOWN Lyrics by Ito Ginji, Composition Yamashita Tatsuro, Arrangement by Anders Dannvik

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH6dbcBzmhs' class="bbc_url" title="External link">Ganbarenai yo from the Countdown concert</a>

DOWN TOWN is a cover of the Japanese group Sugar Babes. <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/fH-98i5J6ME' class="bbc_url" title="External link">Here's the original. </a>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
The release of the single was announced in a comment video posted on the group's official Twitter account. "Ganbare nai yo / DOWN TOWN" is the first single released by Juice=Juice in about a year and the first single after Inoue Rei joined the group. The single includes the new ballad song "Ganbare nai yo", which was first performed at the graduation performance of Miyamoto Karin, and a cover of the 1975 famous song "DOWN TOWN" by Sugar Babe, a band formed by singer/songwriter Tatsuro Yamashita and others. To make it a 2021 style cover, Swedish producer Anders Dannvik doing the city pop arrangements for the song is also a highlight. It also features voice percussion by Inoue Rei.

"DOWN TOWN" comments

Inoue Rei "I'm doing voice percussion in the interlude. I'm using a new technique, so I hope you'll pay attention! The dance corner in between is also very cool!"

Takagi Sayuki : "In "DOWN TOWN", I hope you can feel the nostalgia and the newness of our singing."

"Ganbare nai yo" comments

Kanazawa Tomoko : "It's a song that will gently help you cope with the negative feelings of not being able to do your best. By the end of the song, you'll feel like 'I'll try a little harder' with the gentle lyrics."

Dambara Ruru "When I listen to this song, I feel a little refreshed or relieved of my burden. Please listen to it!"</blockquote>

- - -

This single has big footsteps to follow. Not only did Juice pump out great releases over the last two years, they also have to make up for the loss of Karin.

Personally, I'm already not too much into this single. Ballads as main a-sides are always a bit difficult and while DOWN TOWN sounds kinda cool, it's by no means catchy.
Last edited by DonJuan on Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Re: [2021.04.28] Juice=Juice - Ganbarenai yo / DOWN TOWN

Post by arcobaleno »

If those are the outfits for DOWN TOWN in the first picture, I love them!!! I've loved this sort of suitsy aesthetic ever since FOREVER LOVE, lol..
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

If "Downtown" is as banging as I think it can be, this will be a good single. I really liked "Ganbare nai y" when I heard it. Packaging Rei's YT vids is a nice addition, too.
Last edited by JPope on Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

So the A-sides switched place, DOWN TOWN being the main A-side.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

That makes way more sense.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

It is a bit surprising that both upcoming singles have changed their main a-side to a cover song. Then again I've read somewhere (was it Jplop?) that covers seem to be pretty popular in Japan at the moment, which is why the cover concert H!P did got good feedback.
Last edited by DonJuan on Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

DOWN TOWN from their Premium Seat.

Well, it's nice. Not a banger, but nice. I'm glad to see more of Riai and Yume.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="DonJuan"]
DOWN TOWN from their Premium Seat.

Well, it's nice. Not a banger, but nice. I'm glad to see more of Riai and Yume.
[/quote]

Yeah, they went laid-back instead of funky, which surprises me. I still like it, though -- it's got a Swing Out Sister vibe to it, and I love them. Riai sounds great, as does Yume, who seems to have found some confidence despite still looking awkward at times.

I'm excited to hear the studio version of "Ganbare Nai Yo" now, mainly to hear how much they're gonna let Ruru cut loose.
Last edited by JPope on Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

So with all of the happenings of today, it was announced that they are considering postponing the single, makes sense since they probably need to redo the covers and promotions (don't know how far they got on the PVs though).
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Such BS.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

[quote="Solarblade"]
So with all of the happenings of today, it was announced that they are considering postponing the single, makes sense since they probably need to redo the covers and promotions (don't know how far they got on the PVs though).
[/quote]

Well they reshot the videos they had already filmed after Aina left so...
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

[quote="WonderBuono"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Solarblade" data-cid="221772" data-time="1613145322">
<div>
[/quote]

Well they reshot the videos they had already filmed after Aina left so...

</div>
</blockquote>
True though they did leave little snippets of Aina in the dance shot, so they may go that route again
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Now that I think about it more I'm even more mad, they could have at least let her finish promotions for the single she already recorded.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

[quote="Solarblade"]
[/quote]

MOTHER OF FUCK this makes me so mad
FFS AT LEAST GIVE THE POOR GIRL A SOMEWHAT PROPER FINAL SINGLE
Now, what you hear is not a test
 -  -  -  
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

COME THE FUCK ONNNNNNNNNN UFP
IT'S SUCH BULLSHIT

Well. Great. Good. Glorious. Poor Sayuki got robbed of a even somewhat proper final single. This is fine.  :facepalm:
Now, what you hear is not a test
 -  -  -  
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I still love every remaining member of J=J, but I hope this single fucking tanks hard.
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

This is such bull, seriously. Sorry to all remaining Juice=Juice members, but I too hope this single tanks.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I don’t hope it tanks for the sake of the other members, but I hope it doesn’t do *too* well.
rikako♡eripon♡airi