[2022.03.02] BEYOOOOONDS - Eiyuu ~Waratte! Chopin Senpai~ / Hamkatsu Mokushiroku

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: [2022.03.02] BEYOOOOONDS - Eiyuu ~Waratte! Chopin Senpai~ / Hamkatsu Mokushiroku

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Do I like it? Not particularly.

Would I avoid it like some other H!P cringe songs? Definitely not.
JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2022.03.02] BEYOOOOONDS - Eiyuu ~Waratte! Chopin Senpai~ / Hamkatsu Mokushiroku

Post by JPope »

It's got a definite B-side/album track feel to it, which is fine considering how strong Chopin Senpai is. I like it more than Now Now Ningen for sure. Some of the melodies remind me of "Wolf Boy."

The video is ridiculous and fun.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

It's bonkers, I love it.

Personally I feel like this release is not as strong as the last ones. Gekikara Love and Konya I had on repeat, same with all the songs of their first single. I can see me listening to the new songs every now and then, but I'm not as crazy about them as about the others.
Still, solid. I love that there's an actual budget behind the MVs, too.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I actually really enjoyed Ham Katsu MV. I’m really surprised we haven’t seen a dip in MV quality yet. And it makes me wonder why the rest of H!P can’t get creative MVs like this.
Formerly Mizura
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

Hamukatsu's MV is perfectly strange and delightful. I wish they still had the subtitles for the PVs so I could know what they were saying during the speaking parts near the end, though...
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Zange wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:49 pm Hamukatsu's MV is perfectly strange and delightful. I wish they still had the subtitles for the PVs so I could know what they were saying during the speaking parts near the end, though...
Don’t worry, it’s nothing super interesting. They’re talking about scenarios that get them heated (such as running into glass), and then Ichioka is “anger management” who ends up getting irritated because they’re not listening to her when she’s speaking lol

ETA: I’m realizing more than during the song you might be talking about the actual dialogue at the very end of the video. Again, don’t worry, nothing very interesting—just admiring how well the ham cutlet came out and talking about how it will bring happiness to people.

Also the title/song is a play on words: using “hamu katsu kuu” (eating deep-fried ham cutlet) and “haa mukatsuku” (basically, “I’m pissed” lol)
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Closing in on 71K for the first two days, good for 2nd on Oricon, which is where they will end up for the week.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

76K and 2nd place for the week on Oricon.
99K and 2nd for the week on Billboard.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Pretty damn good.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Agreed. I happy for them. It's a really good single (I've even come around fully on Hamkatsu) that I think holds up with their previous catalog. Including Furefure Everyday, this might be my favorite of the three. It's definitely their first without a song I either don't like (Now Now Ningen) or I'm ambivalent about (Go Waist, Gekikara LOVE).