2021 Catch Up Thread

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

strawberryjam
ANGERME

2021 Catch Up Thread

Post by strawberryjam »

Since it's almost been a year and I depend on you all, has anything interesting happened?
  • Were there actually any good songs?
  • Did anyone get FRIDAY'd?
  • Are there any new members that can actually sing? --> Been waiting for this for only 10 years? :suicide:
  • Are any of the OG's doing some notable things?
My contribution - I saw Eri got married to the Bump of Chicken dude, they were outed by the paparazzi so I guess they didn't want it to be public so now we can be sure she will never come back. I'm happy for her, but I guess this is closure. :tears:
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: 2021 Catch Up Thread

Post by DonJuan »

I'd say except for Sayuki getting Bunshun'd there were no real scandals.

Yofu and Yagi, the new Tsubaki members, are pretty good singers. Ngl I don't know exactly what Tsubaki needs good singers for but good for them.
I do hope the new audition for MM and Juice brings in more good singers. They had a decent run so far, the last bad singer from an audition being Uutan.

I think Gomaki had a concert? But I did not really follow her the last few weeks.

In general I think current H!P music is good but not catchy. Even songs that I like, like Aisare Route or Beat no, I can't repeat them like I did with 46okunen or Mukidashi. The last time I did that was... Biyo's 2nd single.
masaking
Kenshuusei

Post by masaking »

1. I liked all the songs from this year tbh but overall reception for them has been kinda iffy. Tsubaki had a good single and MM had a great album but 2.Takagi Sayuki got Bunshun'd for dating a laying, cheating asshat but that's all.
3.. As said above, Tsubaki's new girls are all rather good! Juice=Juice's new girls aren't half bad either. But aside from maybe Tsubaki's Yofuu Runo we haven't got the next Airi or anything yet.
4. Major OG news I can recall:
Nastuyaki Miyabi, Takahashi Ai and Tanaka Reina announced they're releasing a comedy-song album together
Yajima Maimi got a BF
Shimizu Saki and Tokunaga Chinami retired
Miyabi's group Pink Cres disbanded so she's a solo act now
Nakajima Saki announced she's going to study abroad for a while
Tanaka got Covid but she's good now
Miyamoto Karin released her debut single, Wada Ayaka did a solo album and Ogata Risa got a solo cover album
Abe Natsumi did something for the first time in a while - voicing a dog in the Paw Patrol (kids tv show) movie JP dub
Goto Maki did some concerts, events and another "nude" PB, sold like over 10k on Oricon too which was pretty good
Sayashi Riho had her solo debut outside of UF and is doing pretty well for herself.
Murota Mizuki had her solo debut outside of UF and only sold 250 copies.
Yamaki Risa resurfaced, she's now working for Sony in their hiring department/recruiting.

That's about it as far as I recall lol
I miss Maachan :tears:

Join the Hello! Project Fans Discord - https://discord.gg/WXrVq3h
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Masakingdom2001
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I was not blown away by 2021's singles. It was the year of the cover song in H!P, and while I didn't hate any of them, none of them really hit me all that hard. Anju's Route A or B? was an absolute heater, though, as was Biyo's Furefure Everyday. MM's album is an instant classic, which makes two in a row for them. Tsubaki had a solid year with a great album and pretty good single. I was absent for most of the last third of the year, though, so I don't know anything about the new additions from the last audition.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Some added OG news from the last year.

Airi's been being an epic soloist. She's MC on show where she sings anime songs and it's just pure eargasms for me.
She's also keeping herself out there and busy amid all this covid stuff so, good for her!

Miyamoto Karin seems to be following slowly in her steps behind her so I guess UF finally found something that works?

Speaking of which, the M-Line group have finally seem to have become more than just a place to stuff the OG.
They did this epic year long ~Make a Wish!~ concert series with Michishige Sayumi, Tanaka Reina, PINK CRES. (before they broke up), Suzuki Airi, Kudo Haruka, Miyamoto Karin, Ogata Risa, and Bitter & Sweet, and invited current H!P members as special guests. The most notable moments were the mini-reunion of Aa!
https://youtu.be/4MR-6mkEGqQ

Tamura Meimi and Fukuda Kanon did some weird duo Hana Dorobou twitter thing on April 1st and everyone was like, wtf? And I still have no idea what that was about. It got me excited but then it turned into nothing.

Speaking of Kanon, she had a hot mess of a year. An audio leaked out between her and Oomori Seiko where Oomori was verbally abusing Kanon. Shit went down but Kanon stayed in the group. She also got caught in an affair with Watanabe Junnosuke, music producer for BiSH and CEO of WACK. Because she's such a low bean on the stalk, nothing seems to have happened since then that I can find? She's in a subgroup now with a few of the ZOC members called zoc, Oomori and her seem to not be as involved with each other. It's all very weird over in Maro land so I tend to only peek every once in awhile.

Takahashi Ai has been doing a bunch of stuff but I really don't pay attention to a lot of it. But she's got her own personal Youtube channel now. Overall she seems to be doing well for herself.

Baby Hagi got married! Shocker of the year. Seems' the Baby H!P Kids were the first to fly off. (First Risako for Berryz and now Mai for C-ute.)

Okai Chisato's sister Mion was a finalist in Miss Seventeen 2021.
http://asiapro.co.jp/profile/mion_okai/
https://st-channel.jp/missst2021/final/

Oota Haruka is going to school but still in UF. I feel like this is another Riho/Aika situation. So either she's staying till her contract runs out OR she really will come back in some form. We should know by spring or whenever she's done getting into the college of her choice.

The last missing puzzle piece if Nomura Minami. She's still MIA. And I'm curious to know what her plans are. Even Ozeki Mai has been active and she was the least active member in H!P!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Speaking of OGs, Kago's Youtube channel is my favorite of all the OGs. She's been cranking out two videos a week for a year now, and almost all of them include (mostly) acoustic cover performances with her backing group. She still sounds great.
masaking
Kenshuusei

Post by masaking »

Shoujo Q wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:38 am The last missing puzzle piece if Nomura Minami. She's still MIA. And I'm curious to know what her plans are. Even Ozeki Mai has been active and she was the least active member in H!P!
We heard from her this year actually! She sent a message for RikoRiko (iirc) to play at her birthday event! She's overseas right now, somewhere with a big time difference apparently. She's also dyed her hair~
I miss Maachan :tears:

Join the Hello! Project Fans Discord - https://discord.gg/WXrVq3h
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Masakingdom2001
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Shoujo Q wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:38 am Speaking of Kanon, she had a hot mess of a year. An audio leaked out between her and Oomori Seiko where Oomori was verbally abusing Kanon. Shit went down but Kanon stayed in the group.
Wait WTF, that was Kanon? The Fukuda Kanon? What the hell was a Hellopro girl doing in that dumpster fire of a group? :popper:
This incident shook the alt-idol circles that I'm in like few things before and was about the only thing I saw people talk about for a while, even though I don't follow ZOC at all. Knowing that was Kanon (ok, I checked, of course she's using a stage name now which is why I didn't connect the dots before) adds an extra layer of shit on top of the already massive pile.
Shoujo Q wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:38 am She also got caught in an affair with Watanabe Junnosuke, music producer for BiSH and CEO of WACK. Because she's such a low bean on the stalk, nothing seems to have happened since then that I can find?
I have not heard about this but I heard of Watanabe and this is only getting more and more bizarre. :whatthe:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

It hurts that we never got another tour out of MM before Masaki was forced to graduate.