A crazy week for Hololive English

Are you connected to yourself?

Moderator: al kusanagi

al kusanagi
つんく♂

A crazy week for Hololive English

Post by al kusanagi »

Vtubers don't seem to be as popular as I thought for the Boomers around here, but I'll stay on that grind for a bit. Y'all will submit to our Vtuber Overlords eventually!

Anyway this week has been pretty nuts for Hololive English.

Gura has been having internet issues and dealing with some health stuff.

Amelia Watson took some mental health time off and did short streams this week.

Both Ina and IRyS are taking time off for issues with their throats. Ina said she's not too bad, just a persistent cough, but IRyS had been dealing with throat problems for a while and she's finally been told not to speak at all for at least a week. My two favorites down for the count...

Calli got into it with a troll on Twitter and had a bit of a meltdown, so she also said she's taking some time off for mental health.

But in some good news, YAGOO, the CEO of the company that runs Hololive just appeared on Kiara's Holotalk show! And, of course, she continues to be one of us. When talking about the inspiration for Hololive, YAGOO had infamously mentioned AKB as one of them, whereas Kiara had to inform him that she herself was a Hello! Project fan. Based.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW68UJ_b3Yk
Ap2000
つんく♂

Re: A crazy week for Hololive English

Post by Ap2000 »

al kusanagi wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:39 am
Y'all will submit to our Vtuber Overlords eventually!
Korone is best doggie.

I don't watch any of the western ones, I kinda find them pretty cringe too often. lol
But I used to watch a small time VTuber (<30 viewers) some time ago, unfortunately she quit in 2020. :(
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Re: A crazy week for Hololive English

Post by al kusanagi »

The Hololive EN ones are a bit more along the lines of the Japanese ones. A lot of the purely Western Vtubers can be a bit much for me as well, but I'll watch Ironmouse sometimes.