Morning Musume Best of 25 (Dream Musume 2.5)

Celebrating great milestones in Hello!Project.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Morning Musume Best of 25 (Dream Musume 2.5)

Post by Shoujo Q »

[Create your ultimate Morning Musume Group using past and present members!]
We're living the Dream World Here!
Where members can come and go as they please and no ones retired into the sunset, free to come back and join you in your little dream group.

Consider this you very own Dream Morning Musume. But in this dream world you can use past and present members.
What would be a dream combination of members be?
Choose Your Players!
Multi Girl Generations
Generation 1 Runner-up Generation
ImageImageImageImageImage

Generation 2 Morning Generation
ImageImageImage

Generation 4 Golden Revolution Generation
ImageImage
ImageImage

Generation 5 Lovely Generation
ImageImage
ImageImage

Generation 6 Platinum Generation
ImageImage
ImageImage

Generation 8 Happy World Generation
ImageImageImage

Generation 9 Reborn Generation
ImageImage
ImageImage

Generation 10 Genki Generation
ImageImage
ImageImage

Generation 12 Golden 21 Generation
ImageImage
ImageImage

Generation 13 Kenshuusei Generation
ImageImage

Generation 15 Neo-Love Generation
ImageImageImage

Solo Generation Groups

Generation 3 Golden One Generation

Generation 7 Miracle Generation

Generation 11 Utahime Generation

Generation 14 Country Generation
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: Morning Musume Best of 25 (Dream Musume 2.5)

Post by DonJuan »

I will *definitely* do this one later, but I just thought how funny it is that there's generations that I'd add as a whole (4th - minus Yossy I guess, but if it wasn't for her hit'n'run I'd add her for sure - and 6th) and others... not at all (sorry 8th gen).
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Mine would be:
- Iida
- Nacchi
- Mari
- Maki
- Kago
- Tsuji
- Takahashi
- Konkon
- Reina
- Eri
- Sayumi
- LinLin
- Riho
- Kanon
- Haruka
- Sakura
- Maria
- Kaga
- Reina
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

Not going to lie I totally would not mind a group of every member and they do a brand new Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari. Just for huge nostalgia points.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Alrighty, first one would be my dream and the second the more realistic one.

- Yuko
- Kaorin
- Nacchi
- Kei
- Mari
- Goto
- Charmy
- Yossy
- Nono
- Aibon
- Ai
- Mikitty
- Kame
- Sayu
- Reina
- Mizuki
- Riho
- Ayumi
- Masaki
- Sakura
- Maria

21 would be way too big for a group though :confused: :lol:

A more realistic one:

1st gen:
- Yuuko
- Kaorin
- Nacchi

And honestly, if it wasn't for Nacchi coming back last year for her voice acting job I'd have left her out. At this point a lot of girls also decide to stay private and that's fair. I'm also not sure if they'd be up for a bigger thing - one concert might be okay, but big promotions with several performances could be a bit too much, especially since Nacchi's youngest is only 3 or 4 years old (judging by Japanese standards). I feel like Ishiguro and Asuka might be up if they were asked but if we're being honest while they're first gen they left too soon to be included in the dream unit.

2nd gen:
- Kei

I'm keeping Mari out since her youngest kid was born in October.

3rd gen:
- Goto

As of 2021 Gocchin is back in performance business, birches! Since she still has connections to Up Front why shouldn't she join?

4th gen:
- Nono
- Aibon

Rika has opened up an insta account recently but I'm not sure if she's up for performances yet. She was one of those who seemed to keep more to their private lives lately. Yossy is out for obvious reasons. Nozomi seems to be up for most things, and hey, they did a small W reunion, so why shouldn't Aibon join as well?

5th gen:
- Ai

Ai is active in Up Front so she's an obvious choice. Konno seems content with her mamadol blog. Ogawa... well... I feel like she could join, but I also feel like she was a filler member back when the first DMM was announced. Gaki was still in the group, Ai had just graduated, Konno was busy as a TV reporter... but they couldn't do the thing without a 5th gen member.
As for Gaki, she seems to be quite content as a freelancer, but she could definitely join.

6th gen:
- Sayu
- Reina

As much of a legend that Kame is... it's also very unlikely for her to come back to showbiz. Sayu and Reina however I can see join easily. For Miki it depends. I feel like she only gets up on stage to perform her own hits lol and also she's got a young child.

7th gen:
-

I can do without Koha.

8th gen:
-

Unfortunately only legendary for how overlooked they were. On top of that Aika retired and JunLin are busy in China.

9th gen:
- Mizuki
- Riho

I do want to add Erina in there too, because girl made it so far while being in the back and built up her own legacy.
Mizuki and Riho however are a must. They named a whole era after Mizuki, for f's sake! And Riho definitely is a legend on her own.

10th gen:
- Ayumi
- Masaki

Probably all would be up for it - except for Masaki lol, never know what the girl is up to - but I feel like especially Ayumi and Masaki are legendary.

11th gen:
- Sakura

Yup, Utahime gotta join. One of the best singers in MM's history has to be there.

12th gen:
- Maria

I know people will want Miki here but, eh. She's good, but she's taken too long to bloom, and even now she's still second row. Maria at least has her gravure queen thing going.

I feel like everything past 12th gen is still too fresh. Kaedii I could see for her cinderella story, but everybody else is there right now to become legends for a third installment of Dream Morning Musume.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

So... :ph34r:

I've been thinking about another attempt at Dream MM 2.5, and this time I'd only use members who are

- under Up Front
- not under the current line-up of MM.

That definitely slims down the roster. That leaves us with:

1st gen
- Nakazawa Yuko
- Iida Kaori
- Abe Natsumi

2nd gen
- Yasuda Kei
- Yaguchi Mari

4th gen
- Ishikawa Rika
- Tsuji Nozomi

5th gen
- Takahashi Ai

6th gen
- Fujimoto Miki
- Michishige Sayumi
- Tanaka Reina

10th gen
- Iikubo Haruna
- Sato Masaki
- Kudo Haruka

14th gen
- Morito Chisaki

However.
For several reasons I'd want to leave out the members of Dream Morning Musume 1.0. One, they had their chance lol. Two, they might not be up for bigger projects due to their family life, but also physical reasons (let's not forget that Yuko is already 49!).

It would also be a symbolic cut to make Takahashi the leader of DMM 2*, since she was the one who inherited H!P leadership from Yuko after all. This DMM wouldn't be the one to glorify Hello Morning, Love Machine and disco - this DMM is all about increasingly difficult performances, ballads, EDM, and probably Resonant Blue and One Two Three.

* I know DMM 1 did not have a leader, but I Can Not imagine 10th or 14th gen being casual with Takahashi. Except for Masaki lol.

So the line-up would be:

Takahashi Ai
Michishige Sayumi
Tanaka Reina
Iikubo Haruna
Sato Masaki
Kudo Haruka
Morito Chisaki

This line-up is quite a bit smaller than the original DMM, but it can't be helped, considering how many former members have left Up Front after their graduation (hello 8th and 9th gen). But hey, maybe someone from current MM graduates after their 25th anniversary and wants to join.

Why did I make Haruna purple and Chisaki red? On the one hand to balance the member colours, on the other hand because that's something UF would do lol. They had a weird fascination with Chisaki so well, bam. And while Haruna could go back to brown I feel like she'd also be the first to say she'd change her colour for the group.

So, this was fun.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

That would be a cool lineup, but I wonder if Du would have the time to commit to it? Sayumi is an interesting case, as she's a fairly active member of M-line but very rarely does anything outside of her solo activities.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Very good points. Duu is probably the busiest OG at the moment. Sayumi might be up for something if it's only one release and one concert I think.

Personally, I'd also like to see something like a Dream Haro Pro group, with Karin and Miyabi. But that's material for another thread.