Getting to Know Tsubaki Factory's New Generation

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Getting to Know Tsubaki Factory's New Generation

Post by Shoujo Q »

Because I feel like they need a moment in the sun since the BBS was down while this whole audition was going on.
Rewatch the introduction of Tsubaki's next generation along side Juice=Juice's next generation.

When Tsubaki Factory announced an audition, everyone was skeptical. Would this be like Juice=Juice? Coming in strong, or fizzle like S/mileage?

Clearly UF has learned from past mistakes because I'd say that the new generation is so solid, it gives me shades of 4th Gen Musume and 9/10th gen Musume. Let's take a moment to learn about these new girls and what they bring to the Factory.

Kasai Yuumi
(河西結心) July 30, 2003

Fun Facts:
2015- 2019, she was signed to Amuse Talent as an actress and model.
Appeared in episode 12 of Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger.
First H!P member from Yamanashi Prefecture.

Yagi Shiori
(八木栞) September 19, 2003

Fun Facts:
Known for her Goat Pose.
From Aichi.
Knows Ballet and Jazz dance.

Fukuda Marine
(福田真琳) October 18, 2004

Fun Facts:
Was born in Shanghai, China and lived there until the second year of elementary school.
First H!P member from Nagasaki Prefecture.
Has a high interest in Chinese and English language.
Has 2 older siblings, a sister who is a H!P fan, and a brother.

Yofu Runo
(豫風瑠乃) December 20, 2007

Fun Facts:
From Osaka.
Her surname Yofu (豫風) is incredibly rare with only 10 individuals in Japan sharing the same surname.
Participated in Morning Musume '19 LOVE Audition, but failed.
Joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei along with, Hiromoto Ruli, Hashida Honoka, Nishizaki Miku, Hirayama Yuki, Kitahara Momo, Ebata Kisaki, Murakoshi Ayana, and Uemura Hasumi.
In 2021, won the best performance award for her performance of "Kono Sekai wa Suteta mon ja nai" at the Hello! Project Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2021 ~Haru no Koukai Jitsuryoku Shindan Test~.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Re: Getting to Know Tsubaki Factory's New Generation

Post by Vikitty »

Yagi's voice is INSANE. She has musical theater experience and it shows, she reminds me a lot of Meimei in that way.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

First off, they're all really good. I think Kasai is the best of the bunch atm, but I'm not gonna argue with those who think it's Yagi, because they're close enough where personal preferences will tilt the scale. Yagi definitely has a bit of Tamura in her, though, and a bit of Kanatomo, as well. I wish both of them had been added to J=J.

Yofu is the one we knew the most about and all expect to go to J=J, but I really think she suits TF better based on her personality and demeanor. As good as she is, she's still kinda raw and awkward, which was TFs vibe for their first few years. When she loosens up and gets more comfortable, I thinks she's gonna be a great one.

Marine is the wild card. She also seems to have some of that awkward TF charm, and while she's not yet in Kasai's and Yagi's league as a singer, she's sneaky-good, with a particulary nice middle range. What I really like about her is that she's almost 180-degrees opposite of most H!P singers in that the apex of her control is at normal to softer volumes as opposed to loud belts. It's a nice weapon for TF to have, and could allow Marine to stand out in H!P.

I feel weird writing this, but I almost think TF got *too* strong with this class. I had finally come around to seeing the voices of Rika, Ami, Kisora and Saori as integral to TF's charm -- just in time for them to welcome the strongest H!P group generation we've seen in years.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

JPope wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:25 pm I feel weird writing this, but I almost think TF got *too* strong with this class.
Haha, this. At first I thought they mixed up the girls for Tsubaki and Juice. Now I definitely see the charm, the girls do have a certain Tsubaki elegance and awkwardness, but concerning their vocal abilities they might have been a better fit for Juice.

I'm surprised to see that Marine turned out to be the most popular newcomer. Certainly thought Yuumi would catch that title, since she's pretty, elegant and has a soft voice. Marine is definitely the secret weapon, though. Personally I've got my eyes on Yagi.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Monthly H!P FC releases are out and here’s a taste of Tsubaki Factories new gen event with singing.

This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Yagi singing Kanatomo's first solo digital release, "Kiiroi Sen no Uchigawa de Narande Omachi Kudasai."

This almost pisses me off because it's really good, and is further proof she should be in J=J instead of TF. She was the perfect replacement for Tomoko, but UF thinks they're clever.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

And yet another TF n00b crushing a J=J song. Here's Marine singing "Suki tte Itte yo." Not as good as Yagi, but solid af.

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yagi might not have Tomoko's depth (that also comes with life), but damn, I'd argue that she performed that song better than Tomoko herself.
And I'm impressed with Marine too, Suki tte seems like a song that's really hard to perform solo.

I'm sure I will like the new Tsubaki members a lot.