Geting to Know OCHA NORMA

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Solarblade
ANGERME

Re: Geting to Know OCHA NORMA

Post by Solarblade »

Here is a PV of "Hello! Umareta Imi ga Kitto Aru" a song they did in collaboration with Hello Kitty (this is a live performance of it from Hina Fes.) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTUOb8r9zyY

I assume it'll be released digitally sometime soon.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I’m surprised it wasn’t added as a c/w to their single.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Shoujo Q wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:26 pm I’m surprised it wasn’t added as a c/w to their single.
Agreed! and oddly enough it's being released today digitally, but it's not a H!P release, but a Hello Kitty release (though the other A-side is a cover of The Peace!)
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I guess it makes sense to have this seperately since it's not an H!P release, but it's still a bit weird :ph34r:
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Releasing it outside of normal H!P channels is a pretty savvy move from UF's perspective. Any time you can get H!P idols outside of the H!P bubble is time well invested.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I mean, yeah, good point.

A performance of OCHA's Go Your Way.

I do like them more than Tsubaki at their debut, but I'm still not sure where they want to go with this group. Juice was Karin, Country Girls was cute, Kobushi was power, and Tsubaki was basically the C-ute to Kobushi's Berryz (the "rejected" kids who turned out fine). OCHA does give me Kobushi vibes in some points (a bit chaotic, colorful?), but they seem to lack the vocal talent. The lack of direction reminds me of early Tsubaki, but they're definitely not as awkward and don't seem to go the feminine way soon.

They do seem like an extension of the KSS, though.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

It took Tsubaki a few singles before they really settled into their niche, and it'll probably be the same for OCHA, although I wouldn't be shocked if they eventually settle into a "This is the HELLO!" vibe, where the best way to describe them will be "they're very H!P."

I also think that a few good singers will evolve from their increased workload.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

OCHA NORMA's performance at NATSUZOME 2022 is quite solid. This is by far the best extended set I've ever seen from them. They've improved a lot.

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Oh yeah, definitely. They're more polished than others at their debut for sure, while keeping their freshness.

Also this time around Up Front seems to promote them quite well in magazines and the like, I feel like there's 2 or 3 new articles about them every week.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I agree with Don, I'm finding that Ocha Norma is starting to become like a shadow of what Kobushi Factory was. I'm not sure if it's because of who is managing them or what, but it's just that, the more and more I see and hear them, the more I feel like it's Kobushi 2.0.

But with serious, reject vibes that I got from Tsubaki at first. It took me a while before I warmed up to Tsubaki. The same will be sure of Ocha too.

They really are being jammed down the throat of the fans and I hope it pays off for UF in the end. I look forward to seeing what their first day numbers are on their single.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Based on their NATSUZOME set, I think OCHA is ahead of where TF was at the same point in their career from a pure talent perspective, and I'm seeing less of Kobushi, as well. The more I see of them, the more I like them, and the more I'm settling in on my theory that they're vibe is going to be one of "general H!P."
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Release AND debut day! Starting at #2 with 73k sold units.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Wow! That's a better first day than every other H!P group's most recent single -- other than MM, and they're only 10K behind them. Not sure this will have the staying power of the others, but in a single day they've already beat the overall totals of Anju, J=J and TF, and need 11K to pass Biyo. I'd be surprised if they can pull that off, but even getting to 80K would be huge.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Aaand here's another ONE PLUS ONE:

Tsutsui Roko and Takahashi Ai - Kimagure Princess.
Roko is a good one.

Also, OCHA's debut single sold 95k on Oricon. Damn.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

DonJuan wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:54 am Roko is a good one.
You're not kidding. With the two youngest members being two of the better singers, OCHA is set up nicely for the long haul. You know, unless Roko and Momo pull a Funa/Kassa and graduate three years from now. :popper:
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

It’s hard to gauge the shelf life of off the street members compared to kenshuusei. They can burn out quick, or go in for the long haul. I guess it all depends on what they get out of their time in the group.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Anju's departures really have hit us all, haven't they? :lol: But yeah, I always worry about that nowadays, too.

Also, surprise - the first photobook is already underway :ph34r:

A bit of a surprise that it's Natsume. I've seen a lot of people thinking Kirara will be the one, since she seems to be Ocha's ace.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

I think I found my 2 oshi in Ocha Norma.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Ha ha, join the club!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

It’s Sumire’s turn!
Tashiro Sumire x Michishige Sayumi with Koibito ni wa Zettai ni Shiraretakunai Shinjitsu