Hello! Project Presents..."Premier Seat"

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Madara
ANGERME

Hello! Project Presents..."Premier Seat"

Post by Madara »

Has anyone heard of or, better yet, seen any of these shows? Apparently, they did six of them in 2020-21, one for each of the five groups and then a general H!P one. They're described on Hello! Project Wiki as follows:
Hello! Project presents... "premier seat" is a web show aired on the last Friday of every month through dTV Channel's Hikari TV Channel+ starting on October 30, 2020. It is a program that showcases unique productions and unit performances of each of the five groups in Hello! Project. Through the program, fans can enjoy the performances from each episode as if they were watching from a front row seat.
Each is selling as a Blu-ray on CDJapan for 5000yen each or $39.21.

Here's the CDJapan page for the H!P one: https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/EPXE- ... 5ea4cc9436

I wonder if they're worth getting.

The first one, featuring Tsubaki Factory, is the only one that gets a full description on Hello! Project Wiki:
Tsubaki Factory holds a special live without an audience at Shinkiba STUDIO COAST, the venue of the memorable Tsubaki Factory Live Tour 2019 Haru・Ranman Major Debut 2 Shuunen Special. Delivering a total of twelve songs from their indies era to the latest single "Dansha-ISM / Ima Nanji?", three of these songs are performed by dividing the members into units. Enjoy the special live performance by Tsubaki Factory from the special seats in the front row!
Any recommendations?
Thanks.
JPope
ANGERME

Re: Hello! Project Presents..."Premier Seat"

Post by JPope »

There was a bit of discussion about these during the run, and they're good. The Biyo set was the best of the bunch, IMO.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

The Juice=Juice one is also the last chance to hear DOWN TOWN and Ganbarenai yo performed with Takagi Sayuki, as she left the group and H!P two weeks later.

Not sure if I'd buy all of them since that's rather pricy, but I second the Biyo one. The ANGERME one does not feature the newest members at that time yet (Kawana Rin, Tamenaga Shion, Matsumoto Wakana) but it's got Funaki Musubu who graduated from Anju and H!P a week later.
If I remember correctly I enjoyed the Tsubaki one quite a lot, too.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

This also ended up being Masaki's last performance with the whole group aside from her graduation.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

If anyone has a link of the Juice=Juice premium, I've been looking for it for some time to code but it's not findable easily. :confused:
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Oh wow, it's really not on bili nor dailymotion... I wish I could give you a link but I don't have one :huh:
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

AquaChan wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:38 am If anyone has a link of the Juice=Juice premium, I've been looking for it for some time to code but it's not findable easily. :confused:
Download?
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

So I ordered three of the Premier Seat Blu-rays and got them this past week. I've watched two so far, Beyooooonds and Tsubaki. I loved both of them. The TF one is like a collection of their greatest hits, including my two favorite songs of theirs.
According to H!P Wiki, the TF one was held at Shinkiba Studio Coast. I'm not sure if the Biyo one was also shot there, because that one has mezzanine areas/balconies and a long staircase that wasn't evident in the TF. So I'm wondering where that and the others were shot, since H!P Wiki doesn't give that info.
I also got J=J. I'll definitely be ordering the rest of the Premier Seat concerts.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

UPDATE: I got all six and finally finished watching all six. They're all great, giving some of the best H!P concert performances in years. They seem to feed off each other's energies and bolster their own performing and they seem to love playing to the cameras without the distraction of an audience. Also, because they're in a smaller intimate studio setting, we see more of the girls for one simple reason: no long shots! None of those distracting and annoying shots from the ceiling of Budokan or the back of Nakano Sunplaza where you can't see anything. The cameras get close and move furiously among the girls. They seem to love it.