[2023.04.12] BEYOOOOONDS - Motomeyo...Unmei no Tabibitozan / Yume Sae Egakenai Yozora ni wa

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Solarblade
ANGERME

[2023.04.12] BEYOOOOONDS - Motomeyo...Unmei no Tabibitozan / Yume Sae Egakenai Yozora ni wa

Post by Solarblade »

Announced at the Team C live of the Winter Tour, ~TWO OF US~, BEYOOOOONDS announced they'll be releasing a new single on April 12th!

Motomeyo...Unmei no Tabibitozan / Yume Sae Egakenai Yozora ni wa (求めよ…運命の旅人算/夢さえ描けない夜空には)

They performed the first A-side today, lyrics by Kodama Ameko and composed / arranged by Hoshibe Shou

http://helloproject.com/release/detail/EPCE-7749/

Info from Mr. A.
JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2023.04.12] BEYOOOOONDS - Motomeyo...Unmei no Tabibitozan / Yume Sae Egakenai Yozora ni wa

Post by JPope »

On one hand, awesome. OTOH, it sucks that nearly four years into their run Biyo will be releasing only their 4th single, especially considering how many members are creeping closer to graduation age. At the rate of one single per year and one album every 3 years, it's entirely possible that we only get one or two more singles with the original lineup.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: [2023.04.12] BEYOOOOONDS - Motomeyo...Unmei no Tabibitozan / Yume Sae Egakenai Yozora ni wa

Post by DonJuan »

Unfortunately that's what I thought of, too. But it's good to see them drop a single, even if it seems to be without unit songs this times.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

"Motome yo… Unmei no Tabibito-zan" radio preview:

It's very HP, which is to say Hoshibe Pop. It's one of those songs where on the first listen I go "this is cool, let me hear it again," then "yeah, this is pretty good -- one more time" on the second, and by the third I'm hooked.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I'm so glad that Hoshibe is basically the go-to person for Biyo. A match made in heaven.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yume Sae Egakenai Yozora ni wa's MV.

It is a bit underwhelming as a song but still really cute. I like it. Also the MV goes off in the second half haha.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

So I've listened to this probably a dozen times now, and I'm still not sure where I'm gonna end up on it. I neither hate it nor love it, and I probably lean more towards the latter, but it's definitely odd. There are really only two parts and a recurring intro, and the concert band instrumentation gives it the high school production vibe that the video plays up. If this were marketed as a B-side I'd probably just enjoy it for what it is, which is dumb, because I ought to be able to do that in any event, lol.

I'll say this, though, I like that they take chances with Biyo in a way that they don't with most of the other groups. Not every risk is gonna pan out, but when they do, it's special.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Here's an extended radio preview of "Motomeyo...Unmei no Tabibitozan"

I'm ready for this. Hoshibe's cribbing from himself on this one. :lol: The chorus opens with "Koi no Crouching Start" and ends with "Gannen Bungee Jump."
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I think I'm gonna love this single a lot. Still hoping for a second single this year of course, but if that's what we get from Biyo this year then I'm happy.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

They may not get many releases, but they do go hard on the MVs when they do.

This is cute and reminds me a bit of some old school Morning Musume MVs.

Before I give my opinion I need to remind you of something.
I've loved Beyooooonds, and that's a lot coming from someone who has always disliked when there's conversations in the middle of a song. It was always my biggest H!P pet peeve. :hahaha: So maybe that help explains why I'm just not feeling this.
It's okay. It probably wont get played much on my playlist. I will probably skip it. It's math related and math and I are very much, not friends by any means. So I don't GET it. I don't understand the song, it's not for me. Usually a song will invoke something in me one way or the other. But this just leaves me feeling. Meh, okay? I'll probably play the MV more than the actual song.

I like Yume Sae Egakenai Yozora ni wa much better overall.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

This is formulaic Hoshibe Sho -- basically Koi no Crouching Bungee Jump -- but I love the formula, so I'm down with this. It loses a couple points for the lack of musical originality, but overall I'm a fan. The bridge on this is really cool.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

That was some heavy Crouching Bungee remix :ph34r:
But the MV is great! It's basically Biyo School as a music video.

My only complaint is that none of the songs of this release hit hard. They're both good but only good.