Yamagishi Riko and Kishimoto Yumeno are graduating Tsubaki Factory/H!P in fall 2023

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

AquaChan
ANGERME

Yamagishi Riko and Kishimoto Yumeno are graduating Tsubaki Factory/H!P in fall 2023

Post by AquaChan »

Just out on twitter and H!P site.

The graduating date will be announced, probably in the fall tour.
Yamagishi want to pursuit a career as an actress and Kishimoto wants to go solo.

It was just a matter of time for a mass graduation from Tsubaki I guess. :confused:
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: Yamagishi Riko and Kishimoto Yumeno are graduating Tsubaki Factory.

Post by DonJuan »

Ayo?
I mean they are at the age where they might want to try out something else but sucks that it's Kishimon of all people, especially since I fear her solo career will go nowhere.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Re: Yamagishi Riko and Kishimoto Yumeno are graduating Tsubaki Factory/H!P in fall 2023

Post by Shoujo Q »

Yumeno can go solo and then become a duo with Ogata Risa. (If she's planning on staying in UF that is.)

Anyway. I'm sad. This is sad news. Double graduations are hard.

I saw this coming. But that's tough to lose three people in one year. But they put in a solid base with the baby camillia. I can see there being another audition for Tsubaki (and for more kenshuusei) by the end of this year into next year for sure.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Re: Yamagishi Riko and Kishimoto Yumeno are graduating Tsubaki Factory/H!P in fall 2023

Post by Solarblade »

Wow unexpected to see the two of them graduating....oh that means Kisora will be leader and Ami (if she chooses to), is sub-leader....wow...
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Awwww damn, I’m sad to see Kishimon go. I hope she has luck in her solo career.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Sad news. I was dreading announcements like this. For the longest time, Tsubaki's membership was left intact, but then Risa left last year and now the other shoes are dropping. I love Risa's solo album and I hope Yumeno releases one like it, too.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Wild. I normally check the bbs before work, and of all days, today I didn't. :lol:

More TF graduations aren't a shock -- their last two singles have felt like a transitional period, like trying to figure out what TF is moving toward but definitely leaving what they had been behind -- but a double-grad? And three groups leaders graduating in a single year? Crazy. We've seen periods of high turnover in H!P before, but 2023 seems uniquely transformational because all of the graduates are pretty important members.

Of the two leaving, Kishimon surprises me the least because it has increasingly seemed to me that she had outgrown the group, or was at least being constrained by it. I'm not sure how a solo career will work for her outside of M-line (if that's what she's gunning for) since her name recognition is pretty much non-existent outside of the Harowota bubble.

Riko is slightly more surprising, although still not an actual surprise based on her age and the fact that the Tsubaki Factory she lead has been irrevocably changed. I think that will likely prompt other members to peace-out, too, maybe as early as next spring or summer (looking at some combination of Mao, Saorin and Kisora.)
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Ami named sub-leader

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Graduation Day is November 6th at Budokan.

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I hope they can somehow postpone Yumeno's graduation, but everything just screams Maho situation to me - that we'll get an announcement of her having left due to her illness.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Sadly, I think you're right.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Kishimon is back for a month and will graduate together with Riko on November 6th.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

I'm so mad that she doesn't get a proper sendoff with the last single.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Me too. It's such a shame, honestly.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Damn. She missed their last single and the Tsubaki reunion at the 25th anniversary show, and she won't even get another single out of it. I wonder if it's her decision to graduate with Riko, or if there's animosity from management?
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Personally I feel like she's trying to be a bit more active before she leaves to give her fans a proper goodbye. Or maybe she does have something else scheduled from December onwards.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

They look like they're going to depart the venue in a 2-seat sports car dragging tin cans and streamers, lol
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Lol!
It was a great concert, though. Kishimon's grad solo was one of the best H!P has ever had.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

===Setlist for Tsubaki Factory Concert Tour 2023 Aki Atarayo ~Yamagishi Riko & Kishimoto Yumeno Sotsugyou Special~ Akatsuki @ Nippon Budokan 10.6.23 ===

Opening Act: Shekenaare / OCHA NORMA

Opening Dance Performance & Intro
1. Mousou Dake Nara Freedom
2. Saijoukyuu Story
3. Sankaime no Date Shinwa
MC
4. Yamagishi Riko & Kishimoto Yumeno Graduation Medley
- Oheso no Kuni Kara Konnichiwa
- Love take it all
- FOREVER LOVE
- Momoiro Sparkling
- Seishun Manmannaka!
- Kanojo ni Naritai!!!
- Asian Celebration
- Sayonara Hageshiki Koi
- Yuke Yuke Monkey Dance
- Chou HAPPY SONG / Yamagishi, Kishimoto
- Just Try!
- Machigai ja nai Naitari Shitai

MC
5. Yowasa ja nai yo, Koi wa
6. Teion Yakedo
7. Dakishimerarete Mitai
8. Kanousei no Concerto

Graduation Messages

9. Tarinai Mono Umeteyuku Tabi
10. Adrenaline Dame
11. Dansha-ISM
12. Atashi Rhythm (アタシリズム) (Described as a cool track, Riko and Yumeno did perform with the group here)
13. Masayume
14. Kon'ya Dake Ukaretakatta
15. Hatuskoi Sunrise

ENCORE
16. BE / Kishimoto
17. Kacchoii Uta / Yamagishi (Both songs will be released digitally on the 7th)

Graduation Speeches
18. Yuuki It's my Life!

DOUBLE ENCORE
Just the duo coming out one last time.