H!P 25th Anniversary New Member Audition

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: H!P 25th Anniversary New Member Audition

Post by JPope »

The latest ep of Upcoming features audition footage of the TF n00bs, and uh, it appears that UF has decided that the group's trend toward higher performance needed to be curtailed, lol. Fuu-chan is the best of the three, but she's not great. Honestly, most of the KSS n00bs are better than all of them.

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Didn’t we have this discussion on the previous page? :ph34r: :ph34r:
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Oh shit, ha ha! I posted my reaction to your opening comment just before leaving for work, and didn't see the footage until last night. My bad.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Well good thing these girls are so young then. Plenty of time to learn!
Though honestly, listening to Akaringo's and Yokoyan's recording afterwards... nothing a good sound producer can't fix :ph34r:
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

DonJuan wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:21 am Well good thing these girls are so young then. Plenty of time to learn!
True. H!P's recent track record wrt girls becoming at least serviceable singers is pretty good.
DonJuan wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:21 amThough honestly, listening to Akaringo's and Yokoyan's recording afterwards... nothing a good sound producer can't fix :ph34r:

There's that, too! It seems like when TF's recording director wanted to go for max vulnerability, he went with Kisora, Ami and Rika, and I wonder if UF wants a few tin-ears around for that purpose?
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Nearly forgot about the new Tsubaki girls until they dropped the new profile picture:

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

They all still had that baby-deer-in-the-headlights look when they were brought out at HinaFes, lol.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Here's a Twitter thread summing up Newbaki's interview in the lastest issue of UTB.

You can click on the date to go to the full thread, but I'm gonna post this one here just because I think it's really cool:

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Interesting. They are really girls without much experience. It's such a contrast to the previous generation with the actress Yuumi, the operetta singer Shiori, the popular KSS Runo and the overall new ace Marine, but I think it's the good kind of contrast. They needed some filler girls after all, with Riko and Kisora having left or are leaving.